BLU Studio 5.3 - user opinions and reviews

BLU

6.9
6.2
5.9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-17 18:26 from kiQp - click to readMy light is so dim i can not see my screan do you think the backlight went out my phone has never been around water or anything

• 2014-09-09 15:28
  • GiL9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 01:07 from Ybh7 - click to readShortly after i bought my BLU5.0 the screen went blank. To solve i went back to factory setting as it seems i had loaded a program that that was affecting my phone

It been fine since

• 2014-09-06 02:59
  • kaLn

I am on my 3rd studio blu 5.5(because I had to get the same phone as a replacement) && im disgusted. This phone is flicker jus like the other to. Sometimes i cant see the screen. I would strong advise NO ONE to buy this phone. It.has some kind of glitch that needs to be fixed...I think this phone needs to fome off the market. I wouldnt be so pissed if BLU PRODUCTS cared about there customers problems with these phone and tried to fix it.

• 2014-08-28 07:11
  • Ibxu

> In reply to neish @ 2014-03-24 06:21 from Tcwi - click to readI have been over charging my blu phone over night could that be the reason why its not coming on

• 2014-08-27 06:48
  • I8RE

Well, I'm gonna try to get my money back from this stupid cellphone. I'm absolutely disgusted with Blu Products and don't recommend that any of you should ever buy from them. My phone started having issues; the screen would go blank, calls would be dropped, and it would crash and restart randomly. When I sent it for a repair, the first time they sent my replacement phone to the wrong address, then when I finally DID receive my new phone, there was no battery, charger, or even back cover to it. After three weeks of waiting for my back cover and new battery I'm absolutely done with them.

• 2014-08-20 23:21
  • rMhP

My studio 5.3s won't turn on and when it is plugged up on charger the home,back, and menu button/lights flash. Something wrong?

• 2014-08-20 04:20
  • 4QY5

• 2014-08-20 04:18
  • 4QY5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-15 19:24 from b$i6 - click to readAbout battery life, I just have to say that, when I buy something, I always read everything, and BLU is very clear, they promise you a 30 days monster battery duration (small letters says: "while on standby") so technically I did not get fooled by their statement. Full usage battery life is as low as many other smartphones in the industry, just because as other companies, they need you customer to consume a lot of batteries.

Another topic: in my country if a gadget goes to hell due to factory issues during warranty time, customer has 3 options (as well as reseller), 1st, repair, if spare part is not available in 15 natural days, then customer has the option to either get total money refund or have a brand new gadget (same model same everything, except when that model is no longer available, so you will get an improved model). Obviously you will also have a proper diagnostics document once you send your gadget back to repair, if reseller's labs fails to send you this proper report, you will get the chance to go to National Customer Comission add your sue and you will also get either your brand new item or your money back. Some other cool stuff about my country Customer Care Law is that if your gadget has 365 days factory issue warranty and it fails on day 364 and repair can't be set, then new gadget replacement will get a brand new 365 warranty!!!

That's how it is supposed to work. So in this case, if a BLU stupid-phone fails you and reseller is not able to solve your issue, s(he) will need to provide you with a brand new phone, if you agree with him/her you can get an equivalent brand on the market and case is closed! That's what happened to a friend of mine. She got a brand new Samsung smartphone.

By the way all of this happened in Costa Rica. Believe it or not!

• 2014-08-15 19:46
  • b$i6

I had a BLU Studio 5.3, I consider this smartphone not so smart as others in market, however for a very cheap price you can get some good stuff. It's a shame that Android does not have compatibility with Flash Player. You miss a lot of content on web due to this.

My Smartphone slip away and nothing bad happened, just when my wife sat on it, screen got a crack, but it still worked properly, then I went to the beach and it got lots of sand on it and earpiece went to hell, so I had to use speaker feature for phone calls along with my headphones attached to Studio 5.3. Now I repaired its screen and earpiece by an incredible cheap price at BLU authorized reseller, I gave that phone to my mother and it is just like a brand new one!!!! She is also happy with its performance.

• 2014-08-15 19:24
  • b$i6

This phone is crap. Looks great, screen is good but battery life is terrible. Bluetooth will not stay connected to any other device. I bought another phone (motorola moto-g) and now use my blu as a tablet and mp3 player.

• 2014-07-27 21:56
  • 4bhm

i bought a BLU STUDIO 5.0 june 2014 and the scream went blank.

• 2014-07-17 18:26
  • kiQp

My phone went to a straight blank white screen. What am I supposed to do to keep it from doing that please tell me

• 2014-07-07 18:21
  • IX$r

> In reply to kingkerry @ 2012-08-17 03:57 from LB2P - click to readI am having the same problem, when on a call, i can hear the person clearly but they cant hear me clear, the mic is so low that i have to speak directly in it for the person to hear me. I need a fix for this ASAP, please!!!!!!!!!

• 2014-07-04 20:45
  • 4raT

I bought my Blu 5.0 June 6,2014 and now the screen went blank today. I almost fainted.

• 2014-07-02 01:07
  • Ybh7

I have a Blu 5.5 Studio D610a (unlocked)purchased online from Blu which directed me to the Amazon.com website. I received my phone 26 Jun 2014. Today is 28 Jun 2014 and my screen is fuzzy white. This all started while using my keyboard to send a text. I tried rebooting, and factory reset; nothing works. 2 1/2 days I had my phone and now this happens? :(

• 2014-06-28 22:17
  • rVfx

I purchased this phone about 7 months ago and it has already made a trip back to Florida for repair. (touch screen sensor went)... the latest problem is text messages are not going through and to CAP OFF THE FRUSTRATION.... Now it won't make phone calls... I have to remove the battery, wait about 5 minutes, restart the phone and then PRAY it works. I HATE I ever purchased this phone... too many issues and you can never reach a human being at their 877 number... then you have to enter all this other information just for them to even EMAIL you... poor quality phones and poor customer service.... as soon as I get it working again (which will mean, spending money to send it to florida... BUYING ANOTHER PHONE TO USE IN THE MEANTIME and then waiting for the return of the phone)...it is going on CRAIGS or EBAY or out the DAMN WINDOW!!!... piece of garbage... try anything but a BLU... cause it will have you BLUE!!!!

• 2014-06-24 16:30
  • 4R4B

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-26 16:32 from Rg4K - click to readInstall screen timeout app.

• 2014-06-23 17:00
  • S9rC

> In reply to ilovecandy @ 2014-06-06 06:51 from wMHH - click to readHere's the copy of my latest email to Blu about my Blu Studio 5.5 phone. Had problems from the beginning...major enough so that my phone has been useless to me. Screen problems, touch problems, inability to text or download data. I have no hope that Blu will do the honorable thing and replace my phone.
Dear Blu,

I am sending this email to express my great disappointment in your product (Blu Studio 5.5 phone) and your lack of prompt and reliable customer service. I have had problems with the phone since I purchased it on April 28. I tried to get help from the store only to discover that they don't have anything to do with your product...just sell it with no assistance.

I tried calling your company numerous times and then tried email. Since my phone problems were so many and continuing to surface, I knew a phone conversation would have been the best first step. However, I never did get any answers or even suggestions via phone and only got a person after many tries of being put on hold to music for very long periods of time. My phone's problems were bad enough that it was not possible to use it for my small farm business. Since the keypad was constantly glitching, I even began having trouble making a simple phone call. THE PHONE NEVER WORKED PROPERLY FROM THE DAY I PURCHASED IT.

Over the time I was attempting to get help from your company, the phone continued to get worse. Finally, the screen just went black and has not worked at all since. As you can see by the emails I sent, I tried to get help many times. Finally, you asked for information and I responded quickly. Then days passed with no response from you and I only got a response after I called and explained my problems with lack of response. Now, you have told me via email to mail in my phone so that you can look at it to see if it is covered under your warranty. You also indicated that it would take at least 30 days for you to make your determination.

I CAN NOT WAIT ANOTHER MONTH with no phone. So now, I am forced to purchase another phone and have lost valuable time (and business) because of your Blu phone's major problems.

I am extremely disgusted with your lack of prompt service and your apparent lack of concern about a seriously faulty phone. The phone must be a "lemon" OR your company is building poor quality phones with no technical follow through or support. Either way, it's not good and I can't imagine the owner of this company would let this type of situation go so far without resolution.

In summary, I now have no illusions that you will help me with my phone. I believe I have just lost over $200 and a huge amount of time trying to get this resolved.

If, by some miracle, someone who cares sees this email, here's what I want: a new phone mailed to me immediately--not the same model as I purchased because I believe it is a very bad one and would not want a repeat of the same problems. But a different model with a good camera and video recorder as I use this phone for my farm advertising. I want an explanation from someone in your company as to how you will correct the lack of communication with your customers AND I want an apology for all the time it has taken for my issues to be addressed.

Hope to hear from you within the next 24 hours.

Judith McKenna

• 2014-06-14 22:54
  • 7B5C

my mom the next day after she got her phone the internet took 5 minutes to load and a whole day almost to download so yea and her storage is only 234 photos

• 2014-06-06 06:51
  • wMHH

My touch is gone on my blue studio 5.3 I can't unlock my phone cause my touch isnt working. Can anyone help me?

• 2014-05-28 04:01
  • KsMZ
Total of 435 user reviews and opinions for BLU Studio 5.3.