BLU Studio 5.3 - user opinions and reviews

BLU

6.9
6.2
5.9

I just wanted to inform users of the Blue studio 5.5, if you download Netflix, you will have problems with your WiFi and mobile data. I'm not sure why it does this, but it took me a factory reset, and redownloading everything, uninstalling Netflix to finally realise it was Netflix that was causing the problem. I wouldn't have had to factory reset my phone, if I would have just uninstalled my last download. I really hope this helps people. Whatever you do DO NOT DOWNLOAD Netflix. (It doesn't matter how much free space you have, so don't try uninstalling any apps, will not work still)

• 2014-12-12 17:21
  • IusF

> In reply to NAPPY GIRL @ 2014-10-08 17:35 from qR6e - click to readMy is crappy to see I vsn hardly rbrn type
The keys won't type words I need
Plus camera won't always take pics and when it will they aren't m my phone. Show's a warning yellow ! Mark
Battery life sux and Take forever to download any thing. I just want my galaxy back. My hubby got me this trying to b nice but I hate it. Boost is my choice of 6yras not h20 or whatever pay 60.00 month for junk and had my galaxy at 30.00 month
Google won't load internet is hesitant. I have to use speech to text just so ppl can read my texts if that serbiceveven works
See... And it won't let u go back to respell. Very unsatisfied with this but I love the size
Who can I call BC guys at store just try to fix it

• 2014-12-10 13:40
  • FKyy

Why cant I get this phone to forget a wifi network and then reconnect.? Can someone help me to get this to connect to wifi network?

• 2014-11-18 02:33
  • R1%5

> In reply to Jcan @ 2014-07-04 20:45 from 4raT - click to readI'm having the same problems I can hear the person but they can't hear me I try using earphones n they still can't hear me so what esle should I do

• 2014-11-15 20:53
  • Ibxc

> In reply to NAPPY GIRL @ 2014-10-08 17:35 from qR6e - click to readYou have to call Jeg and Sons they do answer they phone. They are the ones selling them to Groupon.

• 2014-10-28 15:00
  • D9xq

> In reply to charlesb @ 2014-08-20 04:20 from 4QY5 - click to readThis happened to me too! I took the battery out, and waited a couple minutes to put it back in. Next I held do the power button to turn it back on and my display came up as if nothing had ever happen. I hope these helps!

• 2014-10-25 19:45
  • jK{F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-06 02:59 from kaLn - click to readhow did you reload your BLU phone when the screen was blank?

• 2014-10-24 17:17
  • Qai6

these phones sucks and need to be off the market!!!! fast!!!! my phone flickers so much i can't even play candy crust or get on fb in peace. this sucks!!!! i will never ever buy this crap again!!!! when i try to contact blu products they never answer!!! have anyone ever talked to these ppl. i am pissed $180 down the drain for one month is bs.

• 2014-10-08 17:35
  • qR6e

If your screen is blank how can you navigate to the settings?

• 2014-10-01 01:19
  • kaJP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-28 22:17 from rVfx - click to readI bought a blue 5.5 just since 25th of august and now its September...I've noticed that most times lately while trying to play a video or open a file these white thread looking lines running and dancing across the screen...this makes me pissed...what is causing this? Help please!!!

• 2014-09-23 20:43
  • jxXT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-17 18:26 from kiQp - click to readMy light is so dim i can not see my screan do you think the backlight went out my phone has never been around water or anything

• 2014-09-09 15:28
  • GiL9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 01:07 from Ybh7 - click to readShortly after i bought my BLU5.0 the screen went blank. To solve i went back to factory setting as it seems i had loaded a program that that was affecting my phone

It been fine since

• 2014-09-06 02:59
  • kaLn

I am on my 3rd studio blu 5.5(because I had to get the same phone as a replacement) && im disgusted. This phone is flicker jus like the other to. Sometimes i cant see the screen. I would strong advise NO ONE to buy this phone. It.has some kind of glitch that needs to be fixed...I think this phone needs to fome off the market. I wouldnt be so pissed if BLU PRODUCTS cared about there customers problems with these phone and tried to fix it.

• 2014-08-28 07:11
  • Ibxu

> In reply to neish @ 2014-03-24 06:21 from Tcwi - click to readI have been over charging my blu phone over night could that be the reason why its not coming on

• 2014-08-27 06:48
  • I8RE

Well, I'm gonna try to get my money back from this stupid cellphone. I'm absolutely disgusted with Blu Products and don't recommend that any of you should ever buy from them. My phone started having issues; the screen would go blank, calls would be dropped, and it would crash and restart randomly. When I sent it for a repair, the first time they sent my replacement phone to the wrong address, then when I finally DID receive my new phone, there was no battery, charger, or even back cover to it. After three weeks of waiting for my back cover and new battery I'm absolutely done with them.

• 2014-08-20 23:21
  • rMhP

My studio 5.3s won't turn on and when it is plugged up on charger the home,back, and menu button/lights flash. Something wrong?

• 2014-08-20 04:20
  • 4QY5

• 2014-08-20 04:18
  • 4QY5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-15 19:24 from b$i6 - click to readAbout battery life, I just have to say that, when I buy something, I always read everything, and BLU is very clear, they promise you a 30 days monster battery duration (small letters says: "while on standby") so technically I did not get fooled by their statement. Full usage battery life is as low as many other smartphones in the industry, just because as other companies, they need you customer to consume a lot of batteries.

Another topic: in my country if a gadget goes to hell due to factory issues during warranty time, customer has 3 options (as well as reseller), 1st, repair, if spare part is not available in 15 natural days, then customer has the option to either get total money refund or have a brand new gadget (same model same everything, except when that model is no longer available, so you will get an improved model). Obviously you will also have a proper diagnostics document once you send your gadget back to repair, if reseller's labs fails to send you this proper report, you will get the chance to go to National Customer Comission add your sue and you will also get either your brand new item or your money back. Some other cool stuff about my country Customer Care Law is that if your gadget has 365 days factory issue warranty and it fails on day 364 and repair can't be set, then new gadget replacement will get a brand new 365 warranty!!!

That's how it is supposed to work. So in this case, if a BLU stupid-phone fails you and reseller is not able to solve your issue, s(he) will need to provide you with a brand new phone, if you agree with him/her you can get an equivalent brand on the market and case is closed! That's what happened to a friend of mine. She got a brand new Samsung smartphone.

By the way all of this happened in Costa Rica. Believe it or not!

• 2014-08-15 19:46
  • b$i6

I had a BLU Studio 5.3, I consider this smartphone not so smart as others in market, however for a very cheap price you can get some good stuff. It's a shame that Android does not have compatibility with Flash Player. You miss a lot of content on web due to this.

My Smartphone slip away and nothing bad happened, just when my wife sat on it, screen got a crack, but it still worked properly, then I went to the beach and it got lots of sand on it and earpiece went to hell, so I had to use speaker feature for phone calls along with my headphones attached to Studio 5.3. Now I repaired its screen and earpiece by an incredible cheap price at BLU authorized reseller, I gave that phone to my mother and it is just like a brand new one!!!! She is also happy with its performance.

• 2014-08-15 19:24
  • b$i6

This phone is crap. Looks great, screen is good but battery life is terrible. Bluetooth will not stay connected to any other device. I bought another phone (motorola moto-g) and now use my blu as a tablet and mp3 player.

• 2014-07-27 21:56
  • 4bhm
Total of 445 user reviews and opinions for BLU Studio 5.3.