BLU Studio 5.3 - user opinions and reviews

BLU

6.9
6.2
5.9

> In reply to ilovecandy @ 2014-06-06 06:51 from wMHH - click to readHere's the copy of my latest email to Blu about my Blu Studio 5.5 phone. Had problems from the beginning...major enough so that my phone has been useless to me. Screen problems, touch problems, inability to text or download data. I have no hope that Blu will do the honorable thing and replace my phone.
Dear Blu,

I am sending this email to express my great disappointment in your product (Blu Studio 5.5 phone) and your lack of prompt and reliable customer service. I have had problems with the phone since I purchased it on April 28. I tried to get help from the store only to discover that they don't have anything to do with your product...just sell it with no assistance.

I tried calling your company numerous times and then tried email. Since my phone problems were so many and continuing to surface, I knew a phone conversation would have been the best first step. However, I never did get any answers or even suggestions via phone and only got a person after many tries of being put on hold to music for very long periods of time. My phone's problems were bad enough that it was not possible to use it for my small farm business. Since the keypad was constantly glitching, I even began having trouble making a simple phone call. THE PHONE NEVER WORKED PROPERLY FROM THE DAY I PURCHASED IT.

Over the time I was attempting to get help from your company, the phone continued to get worse. Finally, the screen just went black and has not worked at all since. As you can see by the emails I sent, I tried to get help many times. Finally, you asked for information and I responded quickly. Then days passed with no response from you and I only got a response after I called and explained my problems with lack of response. Now, you have told me via email to mail in my phone so that you can look at it to see if it is covered under your warranty. You also indicated that it would take at least 30 days for you to make your determination.

I CAN NOT WAIT ANOTHER MONTH with no phone. So now, I am forced to purchase another phone and have lost valuable time (and business) because of your Blu phone's major problems.

I am extremely disgusted with your lack of prompt service and your apparent lack of concern about a seriously faulty phone. The phone must be a "lemon" OR your company is building poor quality phones with no technical follow through or support. Either way, it's not good and I can't imagine the owner of this company would let this type of situation go so far without resolution.

In summary, I now have no illusions that you will help me with my phone. I believe I have just lost over $200 and a huge amount of time trying to get this resolved.

If, by some miracle, someone who cares sees this email, here's what I want: a new phone mailed to me immediately--not the same model as I purchased because I believe it is a very bad one and would not want a repeat of the same problems. But a different model with a good camera and video recorder as I use this phone for my farm advertising. I want an explanation from someone in your company as to how you will correct the lack of communication with your customers AND I want an apology for all the time it has taken for my issues to be addressed.

Hope to hear from you within the next 24 hours.

Judith McKenna

• 2014-06-14 22:54
  • 7B5C

my mom the next day after she got her phone the internet took 5 minutes to load and a whole day almost to download so yea and her storage is only 234 photos

• 2014-06-06 06:51
  • wMHH

My touch is gone on my blue studio 5.3 I can't unlock my phone cause my touch isnt working. Can anyone help me?

• 2014-05-28 04:01
  • KsMZ

> In reply to neish @ 2014-03-24 06:21 from Tcwi - click to readMy screen is weird hardly any buttons work on it I didn't even have pone 3 weeks in middle of a text all of a sudden it took about 5 times to hit any buttons I have to speak what I have to say then hit the sending button a million times to send it phone is junk and my second 1 in 3 weeks did same thing

• 2014-05-17 16:07
  • 7xSx

> In reply to Jose Luis Betances @ 2013-09-12 17:23 from Iamk - click to readabsolutely horrible flash

• 2014-04-22 15:13
  • LKnC

> In reply to Bli @ 2014-02-09 13:06 from KsMC - click to readomg i am having the same problem its soooo annoying

• 2014-03-24 06:21
  • Tcwi

I have the studio 5.5 my MMS is only send 26kb , my settings are on 300k !! How do I fix ???

• 2014-03-02 21:12

• 2014-03-02 21:10

• 2014-03-02 21:00
  • RbX0

Is there a way to change the time out for dimming? I'm aware of the shut down time of 1, 2, etc. minutes but really need to make the dimming time last longer. HELP!!!!!!

• 2014-02-26 16:32
  • Rg4K

> In reply to Eden @ 2013-11-13 21:08 from LK3G - click to readIt worked for mines. The manual didn't even mention this. I will be on this site more often!

• 2014-02-14 19:39
  • 7IkR

> In reply to masibas @ 2014-01-07 02:54 from ILca - click to readI swear I've tried that a million times and it doesn't work. Let me try again.

• 2014-02-14 19:35
  • 7IkR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-26 22:49 from QIP7 - click to readAwesome! So glsd i read this. Why aren't these things in the doggon manual?!

• 2014-02-14 19:33
  • 7IkR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-27 09:41 from shus - click to readGet another charger plug. My old GPS plug worked strange enough lol

• 2014-02-14 19:30
  • 7IkR

I purchased my phone 2 months ago and very happy... until I discover annoying thing I can't do with it. I am used to the screen dimming after 6 seconds, but can't get used to no being able to download photos I receive in text messages, forwarding text messages, or using certain apps for android devices. Also I had to use my old GPS device's cord to charge this cell because the original plug is too small and won't let this phone charge. I was able to get a decent flip and stand cell case from amazon. It only comes in purple however. Does anyone know what brand of screen protectors would fit this phone?

• 2014-02-14 19:28
  • 7IkR

> In reply to Virginia92835 @ 2013-11-26 17:51 from kaBS - click to readI have the same problem. Only the Hulu App works and Youtube

• 2014-02-14 19:20
  • 7IkR

> In reply to Bli @ 2014-02-09 13:06 from KsMC - click to readI'm having this same problem with my 5.3ii

• 2014-02-09 14:54
  • kiMr

> In reply to Eden @ 2013-11-13 21:08 from LK3G - click to readit does work for it just press and hold them down

• 2014-02-09 14:45
  • kiMr

Bottom part of screen not working properly. How do I fix it.

• 2014-02-09 13:06
  • KsMC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-27 09:41 from shus - click to readMine have the same problem. I found one charger that does work at Dollar General. It comes with a car adapter and its retractable.

• 2014-01-30 20:09
  • Iud7
Total of 438 user reviews and opinions for BLU Studio 5.3.