Why you purchased this crap with out contacting your friends like me using other smart phones like Samsung, LG, Nokia... Even Micro max and Fly mobiles.. Dell phone I never saw people using.. Why I am saying all these coz, we purchase the phone for long use and not for testing and writing reviews... :-)
Sorry but enjoy for what upto the extent you can!!
- 2010-11-16 12:20
Nice Phone with all latest features and attractive design ( looks heavy but it is only 100g lesser weight that any other Smart phones in the market).
3.2 MP Camera, Video recording, Android OS, Wifi, 3G, Touch screen, Nice design, Nice Price (just above 10K)… above all it is the “DELL”…….. what else one need to get in to THE TRAP. Yes I am the Victim. I brought it on last Saturday
Below are the features I want to comment
1. Design : Very Nice and Phone has good grip to the hands.
2. Graphics : Excellent to use indoors
3. Voice Clarity : I would give 9.5 out of 10 for the Phone Voice and Speaker Phone
4. Music : Music Audio to clarity is nice.
1. Camera : Camera is its first drawback. Should have been better a lot. Though it is 3.2 MP you feel like a normal VGA camera. Picture Clarity is missing. It is blurred. I believe it has some issue in color Management.
2. Video : Same comments as Camera. Even Zoom options not available in Video
3. Touch Screen : Should have been better. You will find difficulty between object selection and scrolling options. Over sensitive
4. Headphones : Good quality sound but comparing with other products like Nokia can be little better.
5. Battery Backup : even with basic usage backup is not more than 48 hours. Don’t forget to carry charge even if you are travelling small distances.
6. FM : Good in terms of Voice quality but difficult to toggle between channels ( you cannot toggle between channels using Headphone Button. You have unlock  go to FM and then select the channels )
7. Music Player : Only supports MP4. That too lacks the clarity comparing with other smart phones.
8. Screen and Graphics : Nice to use in indoors. Very difficult to use in Bright Sunlight. You have to cover with hands to see the options.
9. Bluetooth :Receiving is fast but difficult to use for certain features ( Accepting a incoming request, no direct open option after download finish )
Not Tested :
1. Wi-Fi :
2. GPRS : Not getting proper configuration from service providers ( Vodafone customer care said default live.Vodaphone features won’t work and need to get Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) option to be enabled to browse (min of 250 Rs Plan )
3. 3G :
4. Android Market place :
- 2010-11-15 12:55
The Phone is quite similar to the chinese Brand model ZTE racer. Quite decent to use and easy to work with. The Touch screen could have been a little better. Camera needs to be worked upon.An added LED flash would have worked. Rest is similar to any Android phone, with the Eclair OS version. For the Price that you pay. Quite a neat deal from Dell,to start with Android mobiles.
- 2010-11-13 11:35
- Renganathan K
Nice to see mobile companies prefering INdian market as well to lauch thier products.....
- 2010-11-12 18:00
Does this have a slide out QWERTY or is this phone just thick?
- 2010-11-12 14:28