Ericsson R380 - user opinions and reviews

220364

7.4
7.5
7.5

I own one of this phone's. Must say it's sofware is supream. In buissnes life it's much better than Nokia Communicator but there is some downsides to. Example there is no GPRS soft in this phone and beacuse some countrys didnt develope GSM networks than up to 9600bps, it's slow. I realy hope that next releace will be with GPRS and colordisplay. Usualy the first releases of ericssons sucks, beacuse its software faults, but u can always update it on your local dealer for free. So if it will crash then u should proplaply update it. Another down side is it's weight. God this thing is heavy. Of corse u can use it for protection. I can image when you throw it on your robbers head, it will hurt and badly... So end of the day i must say this is one of the best phones on it's class...

• 2002-08-22 14:41

I think its a great phone. The design is not bad and the features and the technical dates are fantastic. I would buy it again every time!!!

CU Xod

• 2002-08-21 03:23

this i am!

• 2002-06-19 20:01

a very nice cellphone,highly recommand!!

• 2002-06-02 11:37

I have had an R380 for about a month now, and
I think it is the best phone/organizer combo
yet. Good features, reasonable size... can't
wait for the next one...

• 2002-02-22 22:45

How much R380...?

• 2002-01-31 20:07

Pretty good phone but I still like the Nokia 9290.

• 2002-01-26 14:36

I really like this phone. But the speaker went out on me. Now, I have to use a headset. I want to send in for service but someone told me there's a 3-month waiting period because of Ericsson-Sony!!!

• 2002-01-26 14:35

I have had the phone for a year now, ever since it came out actually, and it's still going. I've dropped it in a lake 3 times, and I've dropped it a few times, and it's still going. After a year, the only thing that has changed is that the paint on the buttons is now finally starting to wear off. I got it for a great price, and it's definately been worth it. Wish there were more games though, and watch out, because some of the platic stylus' they suply you with don't have smooth tips. Overall though, definately worth the money

• 2001-12-06 08:27

sunt telefoane foarte bune si eu am un S2618s
you are a very god compai

• 2001-10-09 16:17

where can i find 3rd party (extra ) softwares for r380?? it woul be cool if i could sync the sms messages. and is there an emulator to browse backup files?

• 2001-09-03 19:37
  • Ericsson R380s VS. N
  • Rating0

Ericsson R380s is (best) but Nokia 9210 is (BETTER)!!!.

• 2001-08-19 02:33

This phone has a very poor software, very poor support from the help desk. Many basic function which are available on almost all the synchronization packages are missing here. i.e. there is no way to move SMS to a PC or to manage the SIM card. I really threw away my money

• 2001-08-15 03:57

Where can one buy the model in India,Hyderabad to be precise.
thanks

• 2001-08-08 19:55

Excellent Phone! Would be much better with colour screen!

• 2001-07-30 12:00

Excellent Phone! Would be much better with colour screen!

• 2001-07-30 12:00

Slow dbase access! Inconvenient esp. SMS. To retrieve SMS possible with flip closed, but to send you need to use the open flip. Small RAM (2MB). PDA func okay.

• 2001-05-10 05:10

Its a real pain trying to dial numbers then having to flip the pad over to do other things

• 2001-05-04 08:04

I own R380 fo 2 months now and it has some great features, bat also there are many unfinished details.
First of all, the software is very slow (as I have noticed with other Ericsson's models). Also it is a great shame that the PC software is not allowing acces to the phone itself from a computer. For instance, it is not possible to write and manage SMS messages from your PC. Also, some features that I know from other Ericsson phones are not available, for instance "Contdown" function. Simply, there are too many disadvantages for such as expensive phone.
Other things are working excelent. I love synchonization possibilities. Also, the voice quality is excellent.

• 2001-03-15 01:49

great phone, two annoyances though, backlight does not stay on for long and it makes a weird buzzing noise.. must take it back, great to get email on the go etc tho

• 2001-02-05 03:03
Total of 124 user reviews and opinions for Ericsson R380.