Ericsson SH 888 - user opinions and reviews

Ericsson

5.7
6.0
6.5

This phone has OK battery life but not amazing compared to Nokia and the call quality is fine. Considering its brick like build the durability is not amazing the phone having considerable chunks nicked out the side after a concrete slip. Overall is a very good phone if all you want is basic.

• 2014-08-26 14:48
  • m9Cw

I still got mine. It is a beloved phone.

• 2013-08-13 03:10
  • pcIY

My first mobile phone, bought 1998. been in almost continuous use since! - last few years as a 'location' phone in the caravan against theft of van (where's my phone?). Now back i9n use in the car as a backup. Does just what I want, makes and receives phone calls. Best phone ever.

• 2012-12-27 12:20
  • nEmA

i searching a new sh888 can everybody help me please

anthony.jacques.pinkwasser@gmail.com

regards anthony

• 2012-11-24 19:55
  • pVEu

It's true! A great phone...and a good irda internet connection for that time!

• 2012-11-24 16:17
  • BRvx

Hey I have one of this! It was great and it is desblocked :b love ittttt

• 2012-10-28 16:07
  • pXBD

my second mobile phone, loved it soo much! When I used it in university, in 1999, to connect my notebook to internet via irda, people looked at me like I was doing black magic! Too bad it was stolen after only one year...

• 2012-05-30 18:27
  • nNs8

You're my first mobile/business phone in the early of this millennium, about 12 years ago. And now, you're became my memory because I've sold U in early 2004. Oh my gentle ERICSSON, where r u now? T_T I love U and ur 'three nice blue simplify lines' mark. You've just being a name now, following a brand name of a populer Japan consumers product; SONY. Why not 'ERICSSONY'?

• 2012-04-28 21:46
  • KiX8

Where can I unlock this phone ? I have this phone locked on Austrian network which shutted down.

• 2012-02-05 07:40
  • MNT5

I whish I kept the phone as backup. You'd get some looks pulling out in 2011. The backlit buttons that couldn't rub out were great. Built like a sherman tank. I programmed star wars as a ring tone - it took bloody ages.

• 2011-01-28 04:05
  • nu6u

Had this phone when I was in the emergency services. Got the S&*t knocked out of it on more occassions than I care to remember and it still carried on working. It was a fantastic phone in it's day and is still a nice size phone.
I actually found it in my loft last week all complete (charger, spare battery, manual, serial data lead, car charger and even the chatboard/kayboard. Turned it on, and what do you know the phone actually switched ON!!! after 5 years of sitting in the loft, the battery was showing 2 bars left. I travel quite a bit now so I need a tri-band (mainly to the US) phone otherwise I would be tempted to start using this again :-)

• 2010-09-06 19:51
  • 3pa5

This phone was bloody fantastic. Unlike Sony Ericsson, you never had to worry about an Ericsson phone being rugged or not. It would always survive a hit or a splash. I used to throw this phone across the office floor whenever I got upset, and it'd make it. One time it got stuck in the ceiling due to the antenna. However, it all came to a sad end when I once dropped it by accident on its microphone. Apparently, that was its Achilles heel!

• 2010-03-21 15:19
  • mhDR

best mobile

• 2009-12-13 11:49
  • ttvy

Better than the I phone. . .

• 2009-10-22 16:07
  • nxJ8

Superb phone. For those who need a phone and not a mobile discotec the SH 888 is the biz. Made of diecast alloy it is robust, it is reliable, the sound is good, the antenna recieves weak signals well. Battery life isn't to modern standards but at 4 1/2 hours talk time and 80 standby it has stood me well enough. Never had a problem. They made quality in those days. Wish they still made it.

• 2007-04-13 19:33
  • m}Ds

Standard size batteries can be sent by post at 19.99 + 6.99 P&P from Digitel Technology Ltd

08707 50 1700 in UK

• 2005-08-26 21:12
  • MPX1

Hi, I have an Ericsson SH888. Where can I buy new batteries for it? The phone is working wonderful, it is just that the battery will not hold its charge any longer. I have had it since new a number of years ago.
Regards.

• 2005-01-04 18:00
  • MSQ9

cant get office suite to run on win xp?

• 2004-01-09 21:27

hello
ineed driver infrared windows 2000 model
ericsson sh888
thnk you.

• 2003-05-24 11:54

I used @ still have this phone. Ok it's heavy 4 when you're alone in dark alleys. Has pilot light (virtually all ERICSSONS) flashes faster when received text/missed a call, (nokia & many others take note U cocks). Many hidden features = buttons No's 1 & can be used to read text faster: NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT! Audible warning when text unsent; again other manufacturers take note! Dormant alarm = phone can be off & alarm will still scare the bejeesus out of you. Great phone at time of release. Tasty accessories!

• 2002-12-25 23:11
Total of 24 user reviews and opinions for Ericsson SH 888.