Ericsson T39 - user opinions and reviews

Ericsson

6.4

Few years ago (about 4) I bought a T39m and a T65 online for about 25. Believed having lost the T39 until one day I found it when decided to look for some things I had inside the glove compartment of my broken car. The car had been stopped nearly 2 years outside, catching sun, rain, cold and accumulating water inside.
With very little hope the T39 could still function, at least properly, took an old charged T20 battery I have in order to test the phone, and got really amazed when the blue illumination came on, played that beep sound on start and appeared on screen the "Insert SIM" message. Even better than that, the original battery also recharged and held the charge, also all functions worked just fine, and still do.
This little piece of swedish engineering never ceases to amaze me!

• 2014-01-31 04:07
  • Lca8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-21 10:57 from U}}x - click to readcan you tell me site name?

• 2013-08-22 06:34
  • IESM

• 2013-08-22 06:27
  • IESM

I bought a brand new cream color one 2 years back because i used to have the t28 and loved it. But after one week the stupid latch the holds the battery in the back broke and that was the end of it because without the latch the battery won't stay in place to power the phone. I tried but there isn't a way to fix it. If you get one be VERY careful not to break it.

• 2013-07-31 03:58
  • IHPA

i had this phone back in 2001 and also t28 before, love both of these phones, today im getting rid of my galaxy s2 cuz i use a tablet and got wifi everywhere i go, so i thought it be cool to have a unique phone like that today, and save on data cost, since i wont be using any )) it also came in this baby blue color, im trying to find it for sale but no luck if anybody knows where pls repky thanx

• 2013-07-22 16:52
  • baGQ

any know where i can buy original housing (fullset) for this phenomenal phone :D

• 2013-06-21 10:57
  • U}}x

i still have this phone 'till now. still works perfectly.

• 2013-05-29 03:47
  • thgP

During a recent trip to the U.S., I bought a SIM card for my T39 from AT&T. It worked flawlessly in Los Angeles, but when I went to New York, it couldn't work in Manhattan. It still worked in the other boroughs and outside the Big Apple.

I went to AT&T and asked an employee why it didn't work in Manhattan. She said that AT&T was eliminating service for old 2G phones, but that wasn't a problem for most people, as they'd already upgraded to smartphones. Still, she praised my T39, saying that it looked pretty good for a 12-year old model.

• 2013-05-14 12:09
  • AM5%

> In reply to aphing @ 2013-04-08 14:30 from tDDb - click to readWow $38 that's cool! May I ask for the URL of this website? Thanks :-)

• 2013-04-10 15:35
  • Bqvk

> In reply to CC @ 2013-03-17 02:28 from UNa8 - click to readHello. Thats coool sir. Good signal reception even ay mountain. I just got one too, today :-)

• 2013-04-08 14:33
  • tDDb

Hello everyone..i just got one today. Second hand from selling-buying website but not ebay. It cost U$38. Wow i just like it,feel going back to 2000 era.i had t29s when i was in college. Never had t39m before. But i like it now. It is essential phone, npt complicated like today smartphone

• 2013-04-08 14:30
  • tDDb

One of the best mobile I ever used

• 2013-04-04 12:44
  • MfxH

I bought a used copy of this phone in May 2012. I'm a teaching assistant, and once, while accompanying my class on a field trip to a mountain, I took out my T39 to see how strong its reception was. It fluctuated between two and three bars.

What I didn't expect was that a few students in the class saw my phone and remarked how old it was, given its external antenna and no-color screen. But they also thought it looked cool.

I asked the students, all of whom had smartphones, how many bars their phones registered. "One or two," they answered. So my primitive 2G phone had stronger reception than their much newer smartphones.

• 2013-03-17 02:28
  • UNa8

One of the best phones ever! You can buy it from this website that I found, all the old legacy phones (just chose the brand and browse the models they have, all originals, new or refurbished): www.ima-shop.com

• 2012-10-20 20:37
  • fXuw

I can honestly say this was the best cell phone I have used in all my years of using them. It was sleek, small, simple to use, and had great reception. I really wish Sony-Ericsson would re-create this spunky little version in an modern HSPA version.

• 2012-09-01 01:24
  • QGMH

> In reply to Global @ 2012-05-11 10:17 from Bw@s - click to readplease tell me which seller? I want one! thanks.

• 2012-06-05 15:20
  • 3xKN

> In reply to ghani @ 2012-02-09 16:44 from U}}5 - click to read@ghani - Check with this seller on ebay I bougth one from them, the phone and battery is fantastic and looks almost like new. Paid £45 for it.

• 2012-05-11 10:17
  • Bw@s

the best phone ever!
i got one on ebay from china, manufacturer refurbished. Nobody makes good batteries for it anymore. So I had to tear apart its battery pack, put the new LG battery with the controller inside of it. Holds 4 days now =)

i hate iphones and other freaking istuff

• 2012-04-24 20:17
  • R14d

If you all belive it my dad is still using the phone and is in great condition!!! And he wont replace it for a new PHONE!!!

• 2012-03-16 15:02
  • 04QP
Total of 423 user reviews and opinions for Ericsson T39.