Ericsson T39 - user opinions and reviews

Ericsson

6.4

Today I continue using it for work and Galaxy Note for particular use. After 11 years, batery holds 1 week. This was the phone that change all concepts. It was the first triband, the first with bluetooth, the first with GPRS, the first that sync with Outlook, the first with any phones for each contact, the fisrt with voice control, the better battery on market. It was the best mobile on history.

• 2012-03-15 09:46
  • ix@@

> In reply to ghani @ 2012-02-09 16:44 from U}}5 - click to readGhani look on ebay they cost about 30 usd with shipping world wide, thats nothing for this beautiful made Classic ericsson phone, i love this phone,

• 2012-03-10 04:17
  • m@YP

> In reply to Bill @ 2011-09-22 02:26 from 3J6d - click to readword dude - very well said. I use this phone back in the days. Superb quality. Excellence performance and classic design. Nothing 2 complain about. I also miss this time, when a phone was a phone. This worked fine for me until it broke down back in 2007... RIP T39 and RIP Ericsson, fantastic phone making company of Sweden.

• 2012-02-18 00:49
  • nv6@

somebody, who still have this phone can give me an offer

• 2012-02-09 16:44
  • U}}5

I think thats the best phone.

• 2012-01-08 23:23
  • X3kr

Still using this, with bluetooth DUN for everything mobile net. Simple to use, long lasting battery as no colour or camera, robust. Quite the design classic.

• 2011-12-31 12:04
  • mR7N

please i need one cellphone sony ericsson T39

• 2011-12-08 08:39
  • 3seb

Yes i having this one from somewhere 2000 year, not remember exatly, but he is still my main phone.
5 years ago i was buy new 800i, but thise goes broken after few years nad again my t39m running, just battery replacing.
T39m having one bug, sometimes he jamming, this happends not very often, but once at 0,5 year i having this problem, in display all ok, but not in network.

• 2011-11-07 12:01
  • 9xHG

> In reply to sdc @ 2011-08-20 02:30 from sXub - click to readWell said and an excellent perspective, at least you gave valid reasoning as to why you prefer phones of this era like many others do, surprisingly but with such detail. I do miss this era, everything now is getting far too complicated to use when technology should be about making things easier, quite the contrary. I owned a Samsung R220 and really wanted to part ex it for either this or the Siemens SL45i which carried too premium a price. Today, I still pine for this particular rare model amongst all the IPhone and Samsung Galaxy Touch wielding youths and my current HTC Desire HD does not stand a chance against this nor my old Samsung when it comes to ease of use, power wise of course my HTC is just a millennium ahead. Back in the day you would own a T39 to stand out from the 3310 and 8210 crowd, today as I said, people like you and I want to be old skool and stand out from Iphone and Galaxy folks!

• 2011-09-22 02:26
  • 3J6d

I think this will be a retrospective as opposed to a review.

I got a t39m in early 2002, and being my first contract phone was the last handset I paid any money for.

I found the phone a joy to use from the off, the menus intuitive, small enough to sit unnoticed in a pocket, the flip action is excellent. My only gripe would be that ericsson as a manufacturer lacked variety of background graphics and ringtones available for nokia, although the latter was mitigated by the ringtone creator on the phone.

The real testament to this phone was its fortitude and longevity. I kept using this phone, in spite of eligibility for free upgrades, until it succumbed to the "no network" bug in mid-2005, a run of some three and a half years. In the interim it was dropped, knocked and generally abused but failed to break, and still worked pretty much as it had straight out the box - no tics and quirks. This has been true of no phone I have owned either before or since.

Despite now owing a smartphone, I took a friend up on the offer of a repair on the t39. Having used it again for the first time in years, I have to say that it is still an excellent device, doing one thing very well, telecommunications. It doesn't pretend to be a limited capacity mp3 player or a mediocre digital camera as subsequent phones felt the need to. The combination of a long battery life and being tough as old boots mean that this phone is still ideal for hiking, camping trips and other environments where the shortfalls of fragile, power-hungry smartphones are are a liability.

• 2011-08-20 02:30
  • sXub

my first phone, brought new in 2003, and still the best I have ever had. I tried recently an HK refurbished, but it was not the same finish, and finally broke in just one year.

• 2011-03-29 16:40
  • xK}y

> In reply to aiamuzz @ 2011-03-16 12:33 from YQBd - click to readThe only "pcsuite" that I am aware is MyPhoneExplorer,it is free and works very well.
You can grab it here: http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

• 2011-03-17 18:41
  • pXJN

> In reply to aiamuzz @ 2011-03-16 12:33 from YQBd - click to readUse myphoneexplorer, it works and is awesome!

• 2011-03-17 18:21
  • pXJN

Hi,

Can somebody provide a link to the PC suite software for this phone (T39m)

thanks,

• 2011-03-16 12:33
  • YQBd

> In reply to noto @ 2011-01-05 07:33 from Kx55 - click to readI have got one,but I do not know how to use its functions.

• 2011-02-17 13:53
  • KFmU

i have one and from 2001 until now it work well,no problem,sometime it use for modem too.good.

• 2011-01-05 07:33
  • Kx55

Just to say its 2010, and my wife won't replace her T39 for anything newer. She does not even know about the Bluetooth, but I can use BT to backup the phone book using MyPhoneExplorer which is an excellent free program (donation solicited).

I bought the phone as reconditioned from Hong Kong on Ebay and it has been a great buy. My wife took it over when the aerial on her 768 fell off.

Main attractions are the battery life, retro looki and active flip.

• 2010-10-31 08:05
  • mpdr

Some asked for more info on mp3 player and camera. Several T39 accessories are described here:

• 2010-09-14 16:00
  • M5ST

I have 3 colors.I like them.

• 2010-09-09 14:30
  • uN%W

I just place an order to HK ebay...just have to wait.

• 2010-08-27 04:56
  • uG$9
Total of 423 user reviews and opinions for Ericsson T39.