Eten glofiish M800 - user opinions and reviews

197583

6.9
7.0
7.0

skrin lcd damage.how to repair and replace the new skrin...

• 2012-08-26 00:40
  • PS6j

how to get the battery ?? It's still good...please help...

• 2012-05-14 22:51
  • KxW}

> In reply to keivin @ 2011-01-17 00:45 from 0TFK - click to readit came out around 2007 which it 4 years old already.

• 2011-03-10 08:15
  • QMX%
  • andre.michel.breger@
  • Rating0

> In reply to Rev. Alexander A.Oke @ 2010-11-09 15:52 from fuWY - click to readif you find please help me

• 2011-02-14 08:18
  • px9K

slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• 2011-01-17 00:45
  • 0TFK

glofiish is very great mobile phone.perhaps bad

• 2010-12-30 07:36
  • Tqij
  • Rev. Alexander A.Oke
  • Rating0

How do i change language my phone glofiish 800m

• 2010-11-09 15:52
  • fuWY

I used to own one for a few weeks... Sloooooooooow device, poor battery and very, very bad antenna. Did I mention it is SLOW? This thing is SO slow, it sometimes took more than 10 seconds just to open a sms! And I don't know how many updates I installed on this thing, it just stayed slow. Slow slow slow. And even slower!

• 2010-09-10 22:01
  • pP6P

no service or gprs signal no matter what sim card i put in it.

• 2010-08-05 02:32
  • mXxu

can u help me to unlock my cell cause it just says locked device :(

• 2010-06-24 19:32
  • P3xd

the mobile phone has all the possible contents but the batery runs so fast

• 2010-05-14 09:01
  • 3Y6B

> In reply to eirca @ 2008-09-12 14:15 from 4S86 - click to readtell me why is the battery running so fast then

• 2010-03-24 10:24
  • nMxW

Have used this phone for nearly 2 years, and I'm still liking the use of it.

It's a good phone for someone that wants to be able to do everything. As with most all-in-one solutions, it does a lot, but not everything well. It tends to be slow, and there are probably a lot more optimized phones for wifi but they'd lack gps. Or they'd have gps but no bluetooth and a low res screen. Or a nice screen but no keyboard. Etcetera.

It has all the connectivity you can have (gsm/2g/3g/wifi/bluetooth/gprs/edge/sms/mms/emai­l/im(comes with MSN messenger standard)/FM radio) which is the most complete of any phone I have seen so far.
256 Mb of storage but can easily be expanded with microSD cards(which have the benefit of easily swapping out).

Yes the phone is a bit slow sometimes but thats largely because of the superb screen. It comes at a price.Most people probably forget this: the screen is 640x480 whereas most competition is 320x240. This means the screen has 4 times as many pixels, which of course takes up more processing power.
There's the issue of RAM, and to be honest I don't understand why there's not 128 or even more RAM in the phone.

The camera I have tested against a bunch of other phone camera's like the LG viewty and I've come to the conclusion that the image quality is actually better (even though it's only 3MP instead of viewty's 5MP. Mega-pixels isn't everything.)

Though looks aren't the most important for me, I don't find the m800 ugly, nor very attractive. It's got a business-like functionality-based appearance, not too flashy or hip, but not just a rectangle either. I like the symmetry of the front, and most of the colorscheme though i have no idea why they put a bronze plate in the middle.

Usability for the phone is good. In my right hand I've got access to all the buttons, though the volume controls are hard to reach (I usually flip the screen to my palm to use the volume controls).
The touch keys on the front (next to the joystick) are a bit fiddly, so I have them turned off, but others might like them.

Best keyboard out there imo, has buttons that are about 20% larger then competitors with good tactile feedback and backlighting for typing in the dark.
Having a slide out qwerty is not useful for one handed texting though it's amazingly fast with 2 hands (I can type blindly and while IMing people didn't even notice I wasn't on my pc. It's that fast.)

The only problem I have is the build quality. Several people here have replied about it dying. Mine too is currently at the end of it's life cycle. Paint is peeling off on some places, the sliding mechanism feels a bit crooked and it's been turning itself off lately (started happening after the last time it fell). Though to be honest I haven't taken the best care of it and it's had a few drops to the floor.

The M800 offers everything there's currently out there, in a small package that's not ugly, at an affordable price. I can definitely recommend it.

• 2010-01-19 10:00
  • ncd7

> In reply to hussein @ 2009-05-10 13:11 from M{3P - click to readYes it has, it's tucked away in the bottomright corner of the phone

• 2010-01-19 09:26
  • ncd7

I got this phone a little while ago and i loved it ti bits but the only downside is that it is really complicated to work an di spilled orange juice over it and nowhere is able to fix it

• 2009-07-12 14:11
  • myxx

Ok, forget my previous posts, this being my second M800, I thought it was fine until for no reason after a few days it just went haywire. It kept flicking from the voice dialer to home screen !!! WTF !!! A hard reset sorted nothing :(

• 2009-06-25 02:17
  • 3aC7

Sadly this only has a pitifull 64MB of RAM, then only about 20-30 after a boot up :(
Other than this, the handset is good apart from the slow response when opening certain apps.

• 2009-05-19 19:37
  • nHU5

This handset takes my 8GB sandisk micro SD card no probs. Screen resolution is fantastic. Be aware that installing all the extra programs at boot up will eat up a lot of memory so only choose one or two that you really need.

The qwerty keyboard feels nice and solid. (I'm using it to type this). Dont forget to install Opera web browser. Be aware that there is slight delay when opening certain programs.

• 2009-05-19 01:00
  • 0FqK

i what t know if this phone has a pen
thanks

• 2009-05-10 13:11
  • M{3P

> In reply to bas @ 2009-04-20 10:27 from n%$U - click to readThankyou for the tip-will give this a go and hopefully problem solved-once again many thanks

• 2009-04-21 01:22
  • iLSQ
Total of 68 user reviews and opinions for Eten glofiish M800.