Eten glofiish M800 - user opinions and reviews

6.9
7.0
7.0

@ Barry:
To lock the touch sensitive keys you need to press the 'O' button twice quickly to lock/unlock those keys. That button is found just below the volume keys on the left side of the device.

As for the 3D graphics and weather the VGA is true VGA,I need to investigate further on this.

• 2008-03-27 10:57
  • pKyE

Pride, thanks alot for the second review. It looks like on average you are satisfied with the product. Glad to see you're not having any RAM issues.
Does the phone have 3D graphics acceleration? I hope Eten have enabled the video drivers.
Someone on the i-mate Ultimate 9502 thread said that all phones with VGA res screens are not true VGA but in fact quasi-QVGA! When I asked him to elucidate I received no reply. Is his statement correct?

• 2008-03-27 06:16
  • fuNY

Can anybody tell me how to lock the touch sensitive keys. I have a problem with them being far too sensitive

• 2008-03-25 15:01
  • nUej

• 2008-03-25 11:56
  • nUej

Just posted an update, needs to be approved by a mod first so should be up soon...

• 2008-03-24 01:03
  • pKyX

Branding is probably the reason Steve J.
Did not post anything because of the lack of interest in this phone (due to the number of posts here).
But as you asked...
If you have used a windows based device before then you will be right at home with the M800. (I used to have an XDA mini s).
The 2 mega pixel camera throws out some very good quality pictures, I was pleased with that.
It supports 2.5mm jack for earphones, although you might want to invest in some better earphones than the ones that come supplied as they are not the best quality.

Other things included in the box is a screen protector, a Glofiish branded leather case.
No memory card included as standard though so you will need to buy one.

Call quality through ear piece and loudspeaker is clear although they placed the speaker at the back of the device which was a strange place to put it as laying the phone on a table or chair will muffle the sound a little so for those listening to MP3's might want to place the phone face down.

They put a short cut RAM icon on the home screen so that you can quickly close any running apps.

The slide out Qwerty keyboard has a nice pale green glow to the keys when in use.
The entire keyboard is 'flat' (the keys are not raised) this might be a problem for people with chunkey fingers.

On another note it seems that an update for the phone is now available on Eten's site. For some reason I have encountered issues with registering My M800 on their site.
Now I have sent them 5 emails about this to all their departments but they have not replied to any of them so support for this device is very poor to non existant :(

• 2008-03-24 01:01
  • pKyX

Come on Pride! You said you were going to treat us with a more detailed review in a short while. I have been waiting for a month to read it. What is delaying you??
I must say I am baffled by the fact that the M800 has generated little interest compared to the similarly specced i-mate Ultimate 9502. Even more absurd is the frenzy that has greeted SE's Xperia X1. It is not even out yet and has at least 35 times more reader's opinions and reviews than the M800. Could this have anything to do with the power of branding??

• 2008-03-22 10:22
  • fuNY

Hope everyone here knows that Capitel Wireless (H.O. in Delhi)Tel : 41053836 are the national exclusive distributors of ETEN in India. I bought my M700 from one of their dealers a year back.... Looking forward to the new releases:)

• 2008-03-03 11:21
  • vG60

Ok, arrived yesterday and ive had a little play with the M800.
VGA display is very crisp. It doesn't like the 3 network usim card much. Although I can make calls with no problems, it keeps displaying the network as Orange , O2 and constant changing to the roaming option.
putting an O2 sim in and it was fine, so it doesn't like 3 sim cards much.

Sometimes apps take 5 - 6 seconds to open even without any other programs running.
Battery life is not good moderate usage will give you about one days worth of battery power.
Speaker is not bad and is quite loud.
I felt that the touch sensitive keys are more of a hassle as they are easy to press by mistake, although they can be locked if desired ( I never really use them).

I will post some more a little later...

• 2008-02-21 01:37
  • pJF{

if you want to buy the m800, then you might want to try devicewire.co.uk
its about 60 cheaper than expansys.
I've used devicewire before and they are very reliable.

Will post some points about it when it arrives in a couple of days time...

• 2008-02-18 15:12
  • mEke

Anyone knows if m800 has a2dp profile in bluetooth spec? I think its very important today... BT has others features than just file transfer. Thanx

• 2008-02-05 05:27
  • Pn9u

HTC TyTN II is the best of the best. Although the screen resolution is lower than M800, most of applications will run smoothly on the TyTN II rather than M800, because not all apps are suitable for the VGA resolution. Furthermore, the QVGA resolution is a standard for the WM 6 Pro OS.
Then, the RAM is double on TyTN II (128 MB), so the device will run faster than M800.
The TyTN II's camera is better than the M800's, having autofocus. However, if you want good JPGs, go for a digital camera instead a mobile phone one.
TyTN II is the best!

• 2008-01-30 12:23
  • i8uD

Guys... I am in doubt, hope that you can help me!
I want to buy a new PDA but I don't know if I buy the M800 or hte HTC Kaiser! Damn! I liked the VGA and the speed processor of M800 but only 64Mb RAM?

What do you think?

• 2008-01-30 01:07
  • Pj2W

Did anyone had prblems with the soft touch buttons? like clicking end call by mistake during a call!

despite the specs. I saw couple of posts that the m800 doesn't support HSDPA!! does anyone has a feedback on that?

• 2008-01-18 00:47
  • pq8U

nice device, why kill it with only 64MB RAM???

• 2008-01-10 22:08
  • 0pXu

-larger screen size(resolution is good)
-a good camera(3mp or 5mp autofocus, xenon)
-and multitouch capability

640*480 not big enough?? seriously that's bigger then most smartphones on the market

A good camera is something you'll get if you get a Digi camera

Mulit-touch was patented by Apple for the iPhone, only way Microsoft would implement it into their software would be to WAIT TILL WINDOWS 7 comes out

• 2007-12-31 02:56
  • 0pXZ

this phone is far better than the iphone.

what are you talking about

at least for a smartphone it has HSDPA!

• 2007-12-09 20:13
  • nxwT

It lacks 3 imp. things for me:
-larger screen size(resolution is good)
-a good camera(3mp or 5mp autofocus, xenon)
-and multitouch capability

I palyed around with x500 best phone I ever held in my hand... Only competition I found for Eten since now is the IPhone witch of course has more - than the eten.

• 2007-12-06 16:44
  • 0CHX

The M800 does have an FM radio.

• 2007-12-06 06:49
  • Y7Lg

If you want FM radio, buy X800

• 2007-11-26 13:46
  • SXhy
Total of 68 user reviews and opinions for Eten glofiish M800.