Eten glofiish X650 - user opinions and reviews

7.3
7.3
7.1

Hi all!
I just use Glofiish x650 and I have one question !

Where is the place I can turn off GPS?

Actually I was off all software use GPS but the GPS light on my fone still wink with blue colour

thanks

• 2009-04-06 13:11
  • Ui$d

> In reply to re solver...jtj @ 2009-03-18 08:45 from j019 - click to readPlease let me know how to do it (not what to do)

Thanks

• 2009-04-06 12:55
  • PA}g

my gloflish x650 very slow memmory when i am loaded any program it is vey slow can i get more memmory how i can get please help me out

• 2009-04-05 13:47
  • nCbB

This phone is great stuff if such expectation have been met:
1) Poor speaker sound comparing to Nokia
2) Very poor battery life. I use it for 30 to 40 minutes of talk and some PIM, it last less than a day. At least 24 hours. The battery drop to 95% immediately after complete charge and slide down very fast.
3) The handfree sound did not improve further. However, there are the volume control that work good.
4) Hang due to low RAM (I guess)
5) Not so responsive.

Anybody have a better experience than this. Is it the unit fails or it is a universal problem.
Buying E-Ten, if this have been fixed.

• 2009-04-04 03:56
  • uCkP

i`m from egypt ,the touch screen was broken , it`s available to repaire it , if any one know please told me . many thanks

• 2009-03-26 20:50
  • fvA6

its all about low ram which you guys talk. its really simple to fix it just install a ram booster and defragg the memory card's free space to ram.
its solved
it works....

• 2009-03-18 08:45
  • j019

The unit is quite far okay, i can not play my music stored in my 4gb micro sd card, I can not download yahoo messenger neither yahoo to be able to send e-mails, but i can recieve e-mails. It always hang can the customer service please answer me back. Thanx

• 2009-03-13 17:29
  • nCbx

> In reply to Vijay @ 2009-03-11 21:07 from nxNg - click to readActiveSync becomes Vista Mobile Device Center
See this link:

• 2009-03-13 09:17
  • pkhp

Its sad,I it a week ago,cannot add any thing to the device.there is problem in synchronizing with comp.I downloaded activsyn 4.5,since my OS is windows vista home premium.Can anyone suggest the suitable activsyn version

• 2009-03-11 21:07
  • nxNg

Tee specification is really amazing but the performance is really bad. It is really slow and I spent most of the time to reboot it because it always hang......

• 2009-03-08 13:19
  • nCbx

the device is actually fast, but there is a bug for the touchscreen driver, you need to google it and install the fix, after installing the fix, the x650 flys :)

• 2009-02-10 14:57
  • P%FC

> In reply to miro @ 2009-01-30 01:33 from pFGj - click to readThank you
Only one question: Where did you get wm6.1?

• 2009-02-10 13:53
  • nTTL

put wm6.1 and everithing will be all right
the phone is perfect and the GPS is the faster i ever seen

• 2009-01-30 01:33
  • pFGj

It's mostly a piece of crap! I own one and after I have paid quite a lot of money for it I noticed after extensive testing that it has a HUGE operating system bug i.e. it does not release all the ram after having used it. The application reponsable for this issue is the CONTACTS application which is a native windows one. For instance it will eat up 2 mb and only give back one. So after 1 hour of playing in contacts, you get left with 1 or less megabytes of RAM and the phone won't even have enough ram to load the default windows wallpaper. Not reliable at all as a phone. I have replaced the firmware with one made by some russians and now that memory leak bug is gone, however it's still a windows mobile phone...and it still crashes, and still you have someone call you and you can't see it because it sometimes decides *like all WM phones to NOT TELL YOU that someone is calling. Who knows, maybe it hates some contacts off your list...or hell. Jokes aside...I am now using it ONLY as GPS and the only app installed on it is IGO 8. Even like this it sometimes crashes. The whole point of buying an operating system phone is to be able to install software, and make it more fun and usable, much like a computer. With WM phones, there is a 50% change of screwing it up with ANY app that you install. I've had it. And believe me, I am a patient person, I've had two wm phones for 2 years, I don't quit easy :)

• 2009-01-13 12:17
  • i8uN

very good mobile... i luv it!!!!

• 2009-01-06 10:54
  • nTpt

after buying a x650 from singapore duty free, I cannot use the setup cd. How can I get a new one?

• 2008-12-07 07:58
  • PSYC

Will never buy another ETEN!!!
After 6 months of using this device, I just was thinking how can I sell it. It is very slow, the amount of free memory is around ~20 MB after clean reinstall, and if you install iGO start it and stop it, the memory drops around ~15 MB, start and stop a few more programs and then you will require a device restart because there is no free mem. anymore. The battery life is around 1 day (using the map from iGO, w/o GPS signal, making ~3 calls, vieweing ~3 times an .xls). I had a lot of lost calls because of this device, so ... it is your decision. A good mark I can give to the display quality, but is this enough?

• 2008-10-09 10:29
  • MkHb

Hi i have this, wonderful device. The FM radio is working great in Romania(if you plug the headphones in it :P) I can say it is working great but I have installed the IGO 8 gps program and I can clearly see that it needs more RAM. Im waiting for some updates, and I hope some problems will be resolved.

• 2008-09-22 23:50
  • nD@3

About Transmitter -
in some countries it's illegal to have this function, so they disable it in local firmware, all you need is to reistall firmware of different country. that's what happened to me - in ukrainian firmware - no transmitter, then i patched it to russian firmware and- here you are...
by the way i want to sell my X650, if anyone want to buy it, come and visit Kyiv. (it's 4 weeks old, in perfect shape +2gb microSD, i want 450 usd for it)

• 2008-05-07 15:33
  • 0uZv

does this phone have a keyboard?

• 2008-04-28 16:36
  • GagE
Total of 118 user reviews and opinions for Eten glofiish X650.