First GSM 3 MP phone - xcute DV1
The xcute DV1, a tri-band GSM (900/1800/1900) mobile phone equipped with a 3-megapixel camera, was unveiled by xcute Mobile, which entered the Taiwan handset-manufacturing industry in April 2004.
Cute Mobile changed its name to xcute in December 2004 shortly after it adopted the 'xcute' brand name.
The xcute DV1 offers a 24-bit main display (16.7M colors TFT) with very high resolution (640×240 pixels) and sub LCD with 65K colors OLED, as well as MP3-player, video-recorder and USB functionality. The built-in 3-megapixel camera can operate in 6 modes: auto, sports, portrait, view, night and indoors and can also shoot video clips with the best quality so far - VGA, 30 frames per second. The MP3-player has different sound effects: Pop, Jazz, Classic, Rock, and Heavy Metal. Other features of the player include: repeat mode (one song, period, all) and random mode (period random, all random).
The device uses mode selector (similar to the selectors in some digital cameras) with 6 positions - phone, photo shooting, playback, DV, voice recorder and MP3. The selected mode is indicated by a flashing LED. Lastly, there is a mini SD card slot, TV-out.
The hi-end model will be available on store shelves in Taiwan from the end of February, according to the company.
xcute DV1 specifications:
- Form factor: 90-degree rotating cover
- Network: Tri-band (GSM 900/1800/1900), GPRS (class 10), WAP 2.0
- Display: 2-inch 24-bit TFT main display (640×240), 65,536-color sub-display (96×64)
- Built-in camera: 3-megapixel (4x digital zoom)
- Video recording: VGA, up to 30 frames per second, advertised as "DVD like quality"
- Built-in capabilities: Media player, MP3 player, TV-out
- Polyphonic ringtones (64 channels)
- Built-in memory: 20 MB
- Expansion memory slot: miniSD
- Video format: AVI, ASF, MP4
- Talk time: 2-4 hours
- Stand-by: 120-150 hours
- Dimensions: 86×46×22.5 mm
- Weight: 118g
Nice, where to get it.
- 2006-04-05 08:06