Flash 10.1 final available for smartphones with Android 2.2
Adobe today announced the release of Flash Player 10.1 to mobile platforms. Already available on the Android Market, Flash Player 10.1 will be available in its final production release for all Android smartphones running ver. 2.2 "Froyo."
Some of the devices that Adobe lists as bound to get Froyo include Dell Streak, Google Nexus One, HTC Evo, HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, Motorola DROID and Motorola Milestone, and Samsung Galaxy S.
Too bad there's not even one device to feature Android 2.2 officially yet (except perhaps developers' Nexus One's).
Speaking of which, here's a demo of Flash Player 10.1 running on a Nexus One:
Besides up on the Android Market, Flash Player 10.1 is also released to Adobe's partners for them to incorporate and preinstall in their products - BlackBerry, Palm's webOS, future versions of Windows Phone, LiMo, MeeGo and Symbian OS are all expected to start chewing Flash content online like only desktop machines could before.
Flash Player makes use of virtually every mobile CPU currently available on the market so it will be compatible with many smartphones. Additional features would allow it to integrate even better offering a seamless experience.
- For instance, support for on-board accelerometers will allws automation switching between portrait and landscape screen orientation.
- Flash Player will also pause automatically upon incoming calls or when switching from the browser to another application. Once users switch back to the browser, Flash Player will resumes where it paused.
- The Smart Zooming feature will allow Flash content to run fullscreen on any of the supported devices.
- The Smart Rendering feature makes sure Flash content embedded on webpages runs only when it's visible on screen reducing CPU toll and extra battery consumption.
- With the available Sleep Mode, the Flash Player will automatically throttle down when the device enters screen saver mode.
Microsoft Silverlight is coming to eat Adobe's Flash :x
- 2010-06-24 19:12
- akash from nepal
good news now i can able to see fashion tv hd in mobile
- 2010-06-24 10:40
- izzaa bizzza
ive got the H1 samsung 360 if it had full flash it would be a decent phone. and its got 720p HD video which would be cool to watch LiMo needs more flash and apps
- 2010-06-24 09:51