Gigabyte GSmart G1310 - user opinions and reviews

Gigabyte

6.7
7.1
6.4

Agree with many of the bad comments on this product.

I've had it for the last 18 months (and in the first 8 months I've had 3 comebacks to service. -> microphone problems, wifi not working, bad screen with big lags -> display replaced) (After 8 months the dealer removed the guarantee because of a scrath on the plastic shell...invoking the "bad treatment" motive).

I'm using it today also...with no wifi...only with 3g...but I guess that by pure luck it has not yet given it's final breath).

I usually read reviews before buying, but since this phone was one of the first dual sim android phones...I've took a chance...and it blew in my face.

Do not buy Gigabyte phones my friends...stick to the pc motherboards.

• 2013-01-04 22:16
  • nDA0

This phone is a complete crap, I bring it back to the dealer today the 3rd time... I'm very sorry to have bought this phone.
1st phone: no charge if switched off
2nd phone: freezes if using WLAN and can't start afterwards
3rd phone: Touchscreen activates the bottom row without even touching it.
-> DONT BUY!

• 2012-11-16 12:19
  • x3cp

Agree with the comments above. To make it short: this is a toy, not a phone. I normally have very little expectations from a phone, but this failed it all:
- Audio: Speaker/mic getting randomly noisy to the point you can't hear/get understood.
- Battery: Hardly lasting for more than a day (in standby). Also randomly discharging within 20 minutes without any apparent reason.
- Stability: random restarts. Well, you are lucky if it restarts. So don't even consider using it as an alarm clock.
- SIM availability: again random: the SIMs can be off network for an undetermined period of time and at any moment. Restarting the phone won't help. Once again, don't think of any professional use for this device.

I am not going to mention the other "cosmetic" issues, since I would have easily overlooked it if this gadget would have matched my main expectation: being a phone.
If you are looking for an Android dual SIM, have a look at the Samsung offer. They have much more reliable and mature products.

• 2012-09-12 23:59
  • Sd9D

I was loyal to gigabyte in the past and have used this phone for almost 1/2 year with alot of problem that was not solved even after several contact over email with company, so I shifted to Samsung S6102.
Now I can francly
G1310 does not deserve the price you pay. samsung S6102 is much better in performance with half price and better after sale support every where.
never back to GB.

• 2012-09-06 08:59
  • Sdqw

> In reply to Pax Nominus @ 2011-08-29 23:56 from Tdh2 - click to readsame with me...they had to change mainboard in the service

• 2012-02-14 16:53
  • SXqa

Hello, I've got the G1310 (including ROM update V0.50.2_PL_CZ) and since a few weeks I've got a problem with it:
- In sim-slot 1 there is a KPN-sim. If I make a call from it, the people on the other end cannot hear what I'm saying; only noice. If somebody calls on this slot1+KPN-sim, it works OK.
- In sim-slot 2 there is a Vodafone-sim. It works OK (calling en being called).

If I switch the sims in the other slots, they both work OK. But I want the KPN-sim in slot 1 because only that slot has 3G. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

• 2012-02-13 11:48
  • pXe5

> In reply to kiwiscole @ 2011-11-12 20:51 from YMaq - click to readdear KIWISCOLE
what do you mean by one click root? and how to do it? thanks

• 2012-02-06 13:03
  • Sdqw

Newer buy it! After 2 months of normal usage this phone went into a piece of crap:
1. Extremly annoying phantom taps, in many cases, I am even unable to do anything with it. This can't be solved with any update. It is simly a HW problem with touchscreen. If I touch touchscreen, and the screen starts moving left-right-left-right with a speed of fastest tennis ball on the world, than it is definitely NOT a software isssude. And I am not mentioning random poping-up objects from the bottom line of virtual buttons.
2. after 3 months of usage, people on the other side on the line can barrely understand what I am talking about. Microphone is almost dead.
3. weak battery.
CONCLUSION: don't buy it.

• 2012-01-22 17:44
  • JE$W

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-22 01:38 from 0nnI - click to readYou say about ROM update? I have bought this phone 3 days ago and upgraded to 0.35 and, then, to 0.46.1. The result? It takes more for the phone to charge than to discharge!!!

i.e. charged from 10% to 35% in 3 hours!!!! discharged to 3% (turn off) in 90 minutes (wifi off, data transfer off, gps off, bluetooth off, 20 minutes calling time)

• 2011-11-14 15:35
  • ny29

to solve over heating and battery issues, root the phone with OneClickRoot and delete "wether" and "people" apps.

good luck

• 2011-11-12 20:51
  • YMaq

Specs are decent for an android dual sim phone of this price range.

what SUCKS is that my laptop's battery can last longer compared to the phones bat! and the upper left part isn't snug fit so dust gets inside quite easily (even after installing a screen protector)

• 2011-11-03 04:34
  • vaNx

Is it a dual SIM in stand by or I just call from any card but I can not receive calls an both SIMs in the same day (if I have both SIMs in the phone) ?!

• 2011-10-28 08:59
  • ms3i

> In reply to 6059nuy @ 2011-10-09 07:11 from UD}6 - click to readCan get v0.35.0 at the GSmart Club here:
but currently only have a version for Eastern Europe.

• 2011-10-24 00:37
  • xFJA

Where can one get the version 35 software? My phone's main problem is the phantom taps (screen taps unitiated by the user). The new version may address this. thanks.

• 2011-10-09 07:11
  • UD}6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-07-19 11:20 from ftKH - click to readI have fixed all this problems with updating the softweare to version 35.

• 2011-09-22 01:38
  • 0nnI

> In reply to Gus @ 2011-09-06 23:36 from 0F4m - click to readchange your softweare to version 35 and this will fix your problem!

• 2011-09-22 01:21
  • 0nnI

Hae 2u members. those who have bought this phone:
do you have to reboot to access the sim2 applications menu?
what is the internal storage size ?
what is the 3g internet speed , 7.2mbps,or 3.6mbps or 10.2mbps ?

• 2011-09-09 15:00
  • i55L

> In reply to Cata @ 2011-09-02 16:42 from nit} - click to readHello, please contact me, I want to have more details about this phone. Thanks!

• 2011-09-09 13:28
  • nDGt

hsupa?

• 2011-09-08 13:43
  • uiHc

The short battery life on the phone is definitely a problem. Wit some normal usage, it will not last you 24hrs. Is there anywhere to buy a larger capacity spare battery?

• 2011-09-06 23:36
  • 0F4m
Total of 149 user reviews and opinions for Gigabyte GSmart G1310.