Gigabyte GSmart G1310 - user opinions and reviews

220037

6.7
7.1
6.4

In Czech Republic this phone is already in sales now. You can check it on http://tinyurl.com/gsmartg1310 (its translated link via google). If the battery life was longer I'd have bought it:(.

• 2011-07-07 12:13
  • Mfx9

Apparently this phone uses only one radio GSM modem. I think I saw it has only one IMEI number which would confirm that. The firmware must use some sort of multiplexing between sim1 and sim2 using single radio communication module. Some people report that even the phone is online, sometimes one of the SIMs is actually not online, and the other party calling you can hear the same message as if you were out of network coverage. That would also confirm that sometimes using only one radio GSM modem cannot always be used simultaneously to confirm "being online" to both operators.

• 2011-07-06 08:32
  • mNJ7

> In reply to mudpie @ 2011-07-01 16:59 from MCsj - click to readThis answers your question...
NOTE:
Cautions of Usage:
1. Only ONE SIM card exist at one time when making phone call or internet browsing.
2. Network supporting:
(a). SIM 1: 3G (WCDMA)
(b). SIM 2: 2G (GSM)

most likely you can set up call transfer from one SIM and "knocking" feature for the SIM you transfer your calls in...

• 2011-07-04 14:21
  • nbfR

Can someone confirm if this phone supports simultaneous calls on both SIMs? Or if I have a call on one SIM then the other becomes unavailable?

• 2011-07-01 16:59
  • MCsj

so, Q2 is now over and still no news on release in major EU countries. This is one annoying bugger...

• 2011-07-01 16:37
  • 3G%q

when can we have this phone comes in Portugal or Europe?

• 2011-06-29 23:50
  • pXEA

Available in Romania http://www.pdamall.ro/Gsmart-G...ucts_details

• 2011-06-24 08:10
  • MxiK

> In reply to charlesph @ 2011-06-12 08:54 from K7gM - click to readwhere did you buy it?

how easy is it to upgrade to a new version of android?

• 2011-06-20 16:29
  • x8J3

cant wait to get my hands on it

• 2011-06-18 11:14
  • MfxH

> In reply to charlesph @ 2011-06-12 08:54 from K7gM - click to readHi, i'm from france and i'd like to buy this phone. Could you tell me where you bought yours?

• 2011-06-17 22:01
  • mLnq

when can we have this phone comes in Europe?

• 2011-06-15 16:11
  • nwgH

I Own this.
Gigabyte GSmart G1310 or Cherry Mobile Orbit

-DualSIM, DualActive! Both sims working at the same time,
-1 to 1.3 days at most, battery use. Short yes but you get DualSIM on Android. If you want more juice, turn off one sim or buy another android phone.
-5MP camera works best at sunny hours of the day.
-Android Froyo 2.2 is very responsive.
-During my entire experience, i had, blue screen of death, hang ups and no display where i needed to unearth the battery off the phone, minor lag in the keyboard response but for some reason the phone magically fixes itself after a reboot. *kisses phone*
-no optical trackpad
-about 2-3 hours charge time.
-unable to find qualcomm driver for PC sync.
-slept on the side on it, sat on it, sweat on it, a bit of light rain, moist pants on it, still works!

300 USD after taxes, bought it 50% first day sale! I love it so much!

• 2011-06-12 08:54
  • K7gM

> In reply to Gym @ 2011-05-26 15:57 from t7T{ - click to readKabobo mo naman GYM. You compare something that has a 1Gig CPU to something that only have 528meg. And this is a true rebranded phone by cherry from a china company were gigabyte also get their products. Or maybe gigabyte made it and cherry rebranded it for Philippine market. Tatanga tanga naman.

• 2011-06-12 00:11
  • t7yj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-06-06 05:12 from t7y% - click to readThanjks for the reply, I still have the problem that I am in Australia, and I cant visit a CM outlet. I'd be happy to upgrade the firmware myself if I had a ROM to flash.

• 2011-06-09 22:54
  • vaYX

Already released here in the Philippines but with another brand. Cherry Mobile Orbit cost around 7000php about 167USD

• 2011-06-09 02:47
  • t7yn

For all those who arent sure YES this is dual standby. This phone is already marketed in the Philippines under the name and brand Cherry Mobile Comet.

• 2011-06-07 12:13
  • t7EP

@kiwiscole
if you purchased your phone from cherry mobile you can upgrade your firmware check the link below.

• 2011-06-06 05:12
  • t7y%

I Have the phone (orbit)
It is dual active (I dont know why they use the term dual standby for this) Both sims are conected simultaniously. It works very well, but yes the battery dies too quick.
Apparently there is a firmware update but I cant get it from Australia. Only at cherry mobile in the phillipines.
Good phone.

• 2011-06-05 09:13
  • va1c

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-31 17:00 from TIF{ - click to readI could be wrong, but I believe they are taking that information from this site, which just doesn't mention whether or not it is dual standby. I haven't seen anything saying it wasn't going to have dual standby.
I have a hard time believing it wouldn't be dual standby, which really isn't that great anyway. We should be clamoring for dual active (and better batteries).

• 2011-06-01 19:41
  • FyMB
Total of 149 user reviews and opinions for Gigabyte GSmart G1310.