Gionee Elife S5.5 - user opinions and reviews

Gionee

7.7
7.3
7.3

Who can tell me ??? Which one is the best (Gionee s5.5 ) or (Qmobile z6). The both phones have same specification. But I dont know which one of these phones are better for me?? Please answer to me ..

• 2015-05-28 13:19
  • KhZi

> In reply to milan @ 2015-05-13 14:42 from ttwS - click to readi too am observing the problem of shutdown with Gionee. Phone is not starting up manually. observed this shut down when I am turning on the WIFI. Restarting automatically when alarm is preset. really irritating. Other issues observed are, the last missed call is overriding the existing missed calls on home screen. Not able to set images in mobile or images downloaded from other sources as home screen wallpaper. Image is displaying in blur. always requires to unlock phone even during a call otherwise the call cuts due to touch sensitivity :(

• 2015-05-28 08:19
  • w4H4

> In reply to Rajan @ 2015-05-21 21:52 from YQIv - click to readDid u r using Du battry saver??so please uninstall any du app u have already installed...Restart ur phone and it will be fine #####

• 2015-05-25 18:03
  • rAP3

In gionee elife s5.1 Applock will automatically stop . How to solve it..plz give me answer..

• 2015-05-24 07:22
  • U{dn

> In reply to Rajan @ 2015-05-21 21:52 from YQIv - click to readSome additional thoughts on how to manage your battery. First, the screen is a top power user on any phone. Set your display to 33% brightness and take it off auto brightness. An amoled screen is more easily viewed, in my opinion, very well in low brightness. Use darker colors in your themes. Second, turn off wi-fi if not using it. When out and about, it continually scans for available networks and in my area (US) every single network is secured so I stand little chance of getting on one except for the freebies at restaraunts and such. Second: if you have no blutooth device, turn it off. Again, you have a system searching for something to connect to. Third, choose your apps wisely. Several browsers are terrible with power consumption. I use Chrome and battery use numbers are very good. Many built in apps from Gionee are never used so disable them. If you look at your power consumption list, you see that Android is a high user as it does include the apps preinstalled by Gionee. Anyway, I have another coming for me to use as a spare (really, I just wanted one) as they are available for $199 USD now. Mostly though because this is just an absolutely beautiful piece of hardware and I don't even mind the launcher. I will keep in touch if I think of any other ideas.

• 2015-05-22 13:34
  • qnWr

> In reply to Rajan @ 2015-05-21 21:52 from YQIv - click to readI just bought the Blu equivalent Vivo IV and had read ahead of time about the issue. I should note that I bought it for my daughter and after setting it up, I have not gotten her to hand it back over and never will. A 2300mlh battery is not really a small unit given it powers just 2 gigs of ram and an eight core processor where each core can run from 1.1-1.7GHz and add cores as needed. This should be a great processor choice for long life. Right out of the box, it showed 100% charge and I did not trust that figure. Even though you are not supposed to completely drain a lithium battery, many manufacturers recommend that once a month at the most. The idea behind that is for the internal software to set a base point for calculating a top and bottom level and all use algorithms are based on that. The odd thing was that when I got to an indicated 3% level, it refused to move after that and was at that point for a half hour. I charged it to 100% and sent her on her way. The next morning, she took it to school and did whatever, then when home, she was on the couch for what seemed like hours downloading every application she was used to from her old iPhone. About ten, it showed 23% left. My best guess is that the battery life reporting is inaccurate.

• 2015-05-22 13:22
  • qnWr

Hi i m gionee s5.5 user..plz i request you to help me :'( This is best phone without any doubt but i have one problem My problem is different than other.... I charged my phone fully 100% and than i plugged out and use my phone normaly.. the bettery draining out 100 to 65% in just 15 minit without any havy load like surfing,downloading etc.. ..even i play only 5 or 6 song played the bettery draining out 35%!!!!.. ....after 65-0% battery is draining out normally like other Android phone!! !!!!what is problem plz help me guys :'(

• 2015-05-21 21:52
  • YQIv

Have the same problem, i wonder have you solved yours? pls advice. I have now lots of unread messages as I can't see them, the seller replace me a new phone but there it goes again the same problem. First they said messages goes to "hangouts" then they disable my hangouts but after a while pile if unread messages comes back

• 2015-05-20 08:45
  • 7XHD

It is a very well designed phone ...... Yes I agree that it has a heating problem and gets hagnged sometimes but in a 20K market segment it offers very good specifications and one can consider this mobile when he or she is planning to buy a new phone. From my point of view I would rate this phone between 6.5 to 7 on a rate scale of 10.

• 2015-05-18 21:00
  • ttdj

the cell worked good for 11 months but later it showed it colours 1) battery issue 2)motherboard issue 3)gionee customer service is so pathetic that submitting cell for 1 april u get your cell back after 3 months people over there are so bad abuse like anything and even customer service is so b poor i guess management is so bad they should close such companies

• 2015-05-18 14:12
  • vb$k

This phone's picture quality is good but it's battery life is very bad and it has also big heating problem

• 2015-05-16 19:26
  • t1$A

Please my gionee Elife s5.5 is showing overvoltage please disconnect the charger, after i upgraded to 4.4.2 with OTA? Please my e-mail: nwokaemmatrust@yahoo.com

• 2015-05-16 10:19
  • 60aT

Pictures quality is good. But no external memory.

• 2015-05-15 06:23
  • rAhD

> In reply to sanjumajhi @ 2015-05-11 14:52 from uv%W - click to readDo not equate a warm handset with overheating. You have a magnesium chassis bonded to two layers of glass with only 5.5mm between. The entire handset is acting as a heat-sink and that is a good thing. Be thankful that you have an octa core processeor that can use between one and eight cores depending on load. If you had a four core, you would be able to make toast on it.

• 2015-05-14 17:49
  • jyRh

> In reply to Anurag @ 2015-05-14 04:38 from sSSj - click to readBe careful what you wish for. Lollipop has all sorts of problems right now and Google still has not got a complete grip on it. I have a new Zenfone 2 and it has some bugs. I can't see too many differences between Kit Kat and Lollipop anywaybut under the hood there may be some better memory and battery management fixes.

• 2015-05-14 17:46
  • jyRh

Hi, there isandroid 5.0 lolipop for gionee s5.5. If Yes than till when I will get the updates? Thanks Anurag

• 2015-05-14 04:38
  • sSSj

It's almost 2 months i bought it, now when i use it, it automatically shutsdown time to time and take long time to start....really frustrated !!! whats the problem....

• 2015-05-13 14:42
  • ttwS

absolutly right

• 2015-05-12 06:04
  • rAfr

> In reply to Diavel@008 @ 2015-05-04 09:42 from 7j@J - click to readu go with gionee s7, s 5.5 have very heating problem,i am use it 5 month,is have overheating problem,

• 2015-05-11 14:52
  • uv%W

please update lollipop 5.0

• 2015-05-09 07:46
  • ITk0
Total of 1084 user reviews and opinions for Gionee Elife S5.5.