I purchased this for my wife & using it for the past one month..its an excellent phone, excellent specs, excellent performance, excellent battery (charging once in three days despite good usage) and excellent value for money..Its far better than any other brands and performance is better than phones costing INR25K. I appreciate Gionee for releasing such wonderful product at such a competitive price. I strongly recommend for this buy & am sure you will love it...
Its good but I am not getting the cover case of the same why its not been sent with the mobile, because of its heavy weight, chances of mobile falling down is more
1.are the display pixelated ? it has ver low ppi.
2. can it play youtube videos on web page
3. is it available on retail shop or i have to buy online store ?
4.what about the call quality ? because it does not has any secondary mic.
my only question is that is the mobile available in the shown combination of Black+White, as seen on gionee website, or other colours are available?
sportnix, 18 Mar 2014So when you say 1.9GB for apps , does it mean we cannot install any more apps after that limit... morethere are different type of apps in google play store, few can be moved to external card(read it as part of the app) and other apps that can't be moved to external card at all(MOVE TO SDCARD tab remains inactive).
jeet31, 19 Mar 2014if u play very heavy games than its normal , bt its device tem which should not rise much ; ev... moreall mobiles heat up on use of heavy apps as app consumes more resources including battery power, but if the heating rises and remains constant after a certain period then its ok, e.g. it mobile heats up consantly for ten minutes but after that there in no further increase in temperature then its ok. but if the temp. rises so much that its hard to hold in hands, say for 1hour, then mobile has a serious problem.
The Programmer, 19 Mar 2014The Memory is Less in the phone. When you plugged into USB (as USB) I get ~620MB for Music and... moreits a simple feature provided for jellybean 4.2+ versions. U don't have to move every app to ext. memory card, the phone automatically does so, as you chose preferred location for installation as "external storage". Simple as that, nothing extra from gionee. I don't like the gionee exclusive apps like weather, xender,etc which keep running in the background all the time. I force stop the app. But the next time I switch off-on my mobile, they again start making the phone work slow. One good thing is that they have kept 2GB for app installation, which I like. So if I don't want to move my fav apps to ext memory card and make my phone go slow or hang a bit, I will keep the whole data in phone storage. That's good!
Zinger, 19 Mar 2014Hi,
My M2 gets heated up while playing games.Is this normal in any of the other users?Mine hits 42*c and stays there. I put a Alarm at 45*c; but it never alarmed.. :)
Pi-Po-Pi-Po never sounded.
The Programmer, 19 Mar 2014Some detailed clarification:-
1. Its Dual Sim - Dual Active - 1st Sim - Normal Sized Sim wi... moreThe Memory is Less in the phone. When you plugged into USB (as USB) I get ~620MB for Music and Videos etc. While the Internal Mem (for Installing Games etc) is ~2GB. But there is a tricky part.
If You put a EXT. Mem. Card the device auto-setting started to decide which app go where. (You can alter/copy/move from settings though).
Like The Asphalt 8 automatically installed in my 16GB Mem. Card while Tom Cat goes into Phone Memory.
Some detailed clarification:-
1. Its Dual Sim - Dual Active - 1st Sim - Normal Sized Sim with 3G; 2nd Sim - Micro-Sim 2G
2. 4200 Battery lasts 2 days (40-45 Hrs) and come to bellow 30% with 1 Hr Calling, 40 Hrs 2G net-connected, facebook, weather etc with 2-3 Hrs Play Store Downloads over Wi-Fi, using default launcher and just necessary apps like Widgets and etc. With 4-5 hrs HD Gaming, 1 Hr Movie @ 70% Volume etc.
3. Camera is Bad, Blurry and Noisy, Ok in day-light, but Just OK, This is STRICTLY not a Camera phone, FLASH isn't optimized maximum time it burns (Too much whiteness) the Photos. Lots of customization there; you can have fun. 99 photos in 21 secs is the best part to get some nice photo (but again in Day-Light)
Video is also Ok-Ok. 720p @ 8-9 mBps
4. Sound Quality is good - as music listners and other activities though not as good as Xpress Music Phones. :)
5. Call clarity awesome, Gives network boost automatically, Lots of Pre-Installed Apps, Easy and Highly EASY to use, What You need its already there from a AntiVirus to Battery Booster to Games themes - all. Even comes with Registered (NO_BEEP) call recorder.
6. For - ppl who stay connected always and have digital cams. I love this phone cz of Battery Backup.
since the app memory is only 1.9G , if I have an SD card can I still continue to install apps ? Will it be seen as the internal memory . I do not want to run into the same problems as the current Galaxy S2 that I have where the app memory is limited to 2G even though I have 16 GB of onboard memory.
Zinger, 19 Mar 2014Hi, My M2 gets heated up while playing games.Is this normal in any of the other users?if u play very heavy games than its normal , bt its device tem which should not rise much ; even samsung galaxy s4 is heated up after 10 mins of gaming n its the problem with every android device dear . bt m2 is not heating that much .
Apprehensive initially. Specs are amazing that can match the biggest & the best brands in the market. Fantastic features, easy to use, loads of fun. Kids are enjoying thoroughly. Now, I can relax for quite sometime with this great gizmo until next time . . .
My M2 gets heated up while playing games.Is this normal in any of the other users?