"all u need to know''from someone using m3
-lowest price available is from ebay 11700
-select black or white (as u wish)
_take phone to an experienced tech to place the screen guard coz the screen guard which the phone comes with is soo perfect in dimensions that its really hard to place it perfectly..only an experienced tech can fix if properly..
-keep the box and ebay bill for warranty purposes
-inside box u will find charger,usb cable,headphone,two screen guards,warranty papers,service book,leather case etc
-when u power on your phone u will find that it has a custom ui installed similar to amigo ui
_it comes with loads of preinstalled apps including many try on games which in turn makes the phone bloated and with some lag issues..at your own risk u may root the phone to remove all the bloat wares which makes the phone lag free..i rooted it with iroot app(also called vroot) (remember rooting takes away the warranty)..only at ur own risk
-nice to see and hold..has qualities of a premium phone
-phone is a bit heavy(only a little and u will get used to it soon)..reason is that it has a 5000 mah inbuild battery..
_has good speakers with dolby which comes into its own when using headphones..the stock head phones is not upto the mark so u will have to get a good quality ear plug type headphones to enjoy dolby..
_camera is ok..decent but could have been better..pics a bit blurry and grainy(only a bit)..but its not a big issue at this price range..good flash,good camera ui,secondary cam is ok..
_phone has every thing common to other phones including inbuilt radio,office,social apps etc..
-1 gb ram,8 gb rom,memory expandable to 128 gb..and it has an above average chipset and gpu..u can play all the new games (except some extreme highend games)
-both sims are micro sim
reasons to buy the phone are-
-awesome battery(5000 mah..on moderate use it will for sure last for more than 2 days..to check i kept the phone on(without no sim) and found that in 24 hours it takes not even 1% battery..comparing it with even 3000 mah battery which will consume atleast 7 %.
no phone comes close...
-its only 11700..for that price u r getting one hell of a deal..and no comparison
-it has an above average chipset and gpu..u can play all the new games (except some extreme highend games)
-with any othe phone u need to worry about the low charge issue.but not with the new m3..she will just keep on going..
-u may choose any other phone with the same price,better brand, with more ram,with bigger screen size,with octa cores,with snap dragon processor,with better camera, but remember without power its just another expensive paper weight.. and gionee marathon m3 offers u above average of every thing....
Anonymous, 20 Nov 2014will u please give me review of camera ??
and display ? The Camera is not upto the mark. 8 MP Camera give quality of less than 5.
Camera Quality is not good.
SuvenduC, 22 Nov 2014Last Saturday 15th Nov'14 purchased Gionee M3. In 3G/2G mde its giving only 17-18 hrs. Batte r... moreFirst time u will not get 30 hrs of browsing....after 1 month of use... Slowly u will get more battery backup
SuvenduC, 22 Nov 2014Last Saturday 15th Nov'14 purchased Gionee M3. In 3G/2G mde its giving only 17-18 hrs. Batte r... moreI do not agree with you. You are misguiding people. I am using the this mobile and it is giving me 3 days with broadband connected. You seem to from some mobile company trying to misguide. I was using Spice Uno One, which is a good mobile and since I wanted a good phone with good battery back up I purchased Gionee. May be when you compare with high end mobile phones, this phone may not be highly impressive. But when it comes to the BATTERY no other mobile can match this phone (atleast as of now).
So please be genuine in your review and I really doubt if you have used this phone or you are writing your review based on some hearsay.
dear all, i bought gionee marathon m3 last week, really amazing features for this price. i bought it for 11850/- @ chennai. performance wise very good mobile. battery with 3g works more than 32 hrs. camera is ok. expandable memory of 128 gb is also +. hd video/picture clarity is awesome. this phone is very useful for frequent travellers & online browsers. overall worth to buy this mobile.
Received my m3 yesterday through ebay...its a nice phone..m3 have a lot of junk apps so had to root it for junk app removal..am happy with every thing except camera..though it says 8 mp camera its more like 5 mp quality..pictures are a little grainy and fuzzy(ONLY A LITTLE)..cam can be described as ok only.. dont get me wrong its a great mobile..i got it for around 11700 rs..and at that price its awesome..great nonremovable battery, phone looks good and feels nice to hold..can put only micro sims in it...out of the box it wont have OTG cable...i can boldly say that its a great mobile and wont hesitate to buy it even if am given a second chance to choose a phone..
I have purchased Gionee marathon M3 Black color yesterday from Muvattupuzha town, Kerala. It costed Rs12300 which is a little high for this phone. I bought this phone only because cannot afford 30-40K phones with similar features and don't want Micromax/Karbonn phones. I needed a good android phone reliable and good for at least 2-3 years. I'm counting on this phone mostly because this is a upgrade of existing Gionee marathon "M2" model which has a good reputation. I've worked with this device for only a day now and this is my small review based on my exploration of Gionee Marathon M3. ( I've bought after feedback from a guy who owned this device for around 2 weeks now. )
* Phone is a bit heavy. Not good for one hand operation. Also, If you travel like me in crowded buses, train etc this can be risky!
* Battery backup is good. So, far after 24 hours, it's showing 95% or so. You need to charge the phone fully before use.
* Gionee M3 comes with a LOT of bloatware. First thing to do is, uninstall most of them. The UI is a customized called Amigo and some apps which comes by default are useful. I removed wallpapers on app window and front screen and customized it so as to suit my taste.
* HD Screen. Good display.
* Call quality is good. External speaker also sufficient. I've yet to check FM radio though.
* From external build, It seems not a Micromax/Karbonn level mobile. This has a good build quality and the performance is stable. Again, removing most of the bloatware is very important. I wonder how some of the unwanted crap which cannot be uninstalled conventionally can be removed?
* OTG supported?
* There are nifty options like Smart gestures like double click wake up screen and "Hotknot"- which allows photos/videos transfer when screen touches another phone.
* There is no heating issue, It comes with a general quality case which is not covering the whole device. I will buy a good case whenever it is available in shops.
* 1 GB RAM after removal of bloatwares, I can free around 280MB or so. I don't want to root and play with the device. So, I hope Gionee provide a better update for this device purging off adware/bloatware. (There is a user feedback option). This is bad! Then, Free space is around 3GB only in a 8GB ROM phone.
* UI is not very smooth. Performance is average (which is no way can be considered bad.
* Price around 11000 is justifiable. But, in a remote place like Muvattupuzha(Cochin), they charge Dealer fixed retail price which is Rs12200-300.
Overall, this phone is good for office going people in their 30's and 40's as well as elder people. Important thing here is, I believe Gionee m3 has a good build quality, but slightly low in features and performance compared to Canvas Nitro or such models. I believe is, this phone can be good for those geeks who root the phone and install custom android flavours.
i am purchase in XOLO Q3000 but i am confused who smartphone puchase Gionee M3 ya XOLO Q3000 PLEASE FRIENDS
aravinth, 22 Nov 2014I'm using Gionee M3 ..its battery backup is too good and good performance... How much clearity of this phone'camera is?please tell because i am going to buy this would this right phone?