it is not going to be launched in singapore? i emailed hp's customer service sometime last week and they mentioned that it will be released this month... ???
after much waiting, this product will not be launched in S'pore.
yes, there is no FM radio for this.
does this have a radio? fm or whatever. I didn't see this feature in the specs
I love most aspects apart from the VERY poor battery life, why is the stylus on the left hand side of the phone... Also I seem to miss calls when answered.... why does the screen become active on events like receiving a text or Car kit bluetooth... why are the phone number entry in address book not default numeric... The most important thing is the battery life... very bad !
Hi, i was supposed to put up a review but did not get time. But just to answer some queries
1. Camera is best among all the WM devices that i have used. Cannot compare with the high quality ones of SE and Nokia. But i can easily live with these images
2. Wifi is good and no issues with connection. I travel a lot and hence need to connect to different networks and its works good for me
3.sound is good but the quality is not great
4. GPS seems to work better than other agps devices like nokia n95 . But i cannot get a connection if the sky is cloudy.
5. Getting used to the scroll wheel on the key pad takes time
6. xt9 is something that i have to work on
7. Speed is amazing for any WM devices.
But multi tasking is very good... even better than most of the symbian based devices.
8. Screen quality is good and the touch screen is much more responsive
9. Thanks to Hp applications. it makes life a lot easier
10. Sync with my mac is working like a dream using missing sync
11. One thing i dint like was the size. its not a beauty but definetly a feature packed beast
12. to increse the batter life u have to cut down the screen brightness to a minimum
I have an average battery life of one day and i am happy with my kind of use
Vic: haha... thanks for all the links man
After so much of the reviews, at last i think i will need to re-consider this device again...
It just only my thought of havin a perfect compact device...
However, again thanks all for the reviews...
Hi guys Check here: http://www.mobilecomputermag.c...vigator.html
By the way I have put so many ref re 614c review and nobody told me simple thanks
According to you have either installed too many programes on it or it had some other technical problems because my phone is perfectly ok and i cant say you have to restart it 5 times per day but i restart it at least once a day. it si good to restart it though. thisway the phone kind of gets faster. having to restart a decise is nornal if you are using any of the microsoft software. i cant say it is buggy. moreover it is produced by a massive company - hp. PDAs are not supposed to be easy to use either. even though it takes a little time to get use to it it is still harder to use than a nokia 1100. the onscreen keyboard is the same as on every other Windows Mobile device and it can be replaced with a word transcriber if you are lazy to tap on the screen. it really takes q week to take the best out of it but i cant say there are any issues with it. the smart wheel itself is nothing but a plastic circle on the keyboard. The sensors under it do the job. it is not supposed to be soft but sensitive and i think it does its job.
i cant help you about the LEAP thing because i still cant get it. as from the explanation i see its something like wifi. i can say the wifi is superb and the speed is perfect. it finds the best network. it is really handy to have wifi everywhere you go :)
Guys Check one more review here: http://www.trustedreviews.com/...Navigator/p1
To lorenz: As I know the difference between say 614 and 614c - "c" means with camera. Same for other modelas (610/610c etc)
Hi, I have had the phone for 4-5 days now, and its great!! make sure you get a good screen protector and a case. PDAir do the only cases, im sur eothers will catch up. Regarding the issues people have faced,
1. the sound of ringtones is great, but lowers considerably when th ephone is fluck on the table, getting the case from pdair solves this straight away!!
2. GPRS, 3G connection issue, the phone has no such issue so far. Yes when moving from 3G to non 3G areas and vice versa, the phone does take 5-10 secs to swicth over, but i havent needed a soft reset or any of that.
3. The click wheel is brilliant and like all new things, needs a bit getting used to. I cant figure out how people can slag it after using the phone for a week!! Its not supposed to be like the IPOD click wheel!!
4. The camera takes pics, but is not as responsive or good as the SE K800 and 79-0 ones. I guess a firmware upgrade might make things better!!
5. Over all the phone is quick, and responsive!! and it was worth the money i bought it for -£50 cash back.
Hi Merc, below is what I found on LEAP. thanks in advance.
The Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP) is a proprietary EAP method developed by Cisco Systems prior to the IEEE ratification of the 802.11i security standard. Cisco distributed the protocol through the CCX (Cisco Certified Extensions) as part of getting 802.1x and dynamic WEP adoption into the industry in the absence of a standard. There is no native support for LEAP in any Windows operating system, but it is widely supported by third party client software most commonly included with WLAN (wireless LAN) devices. Due to the wide adoption of LEAP in the networking industry, many other WLAN vendors claim support for LEAP.
Has anyone found a headphone adapter that works with the mini USB socket? I did try a similar adapter I had for my old v3i, but no joy.
one more thing the navigation wheel is practically useless because its not so "sensitive" and its not convenient its harder then u think...
ok listen i bought the phone 2 weeks ago and already sold it honestly the phone has high featuress but whats the point if it freezes every 5 minutes i reset this phone 3 times a day its so annoying its slowww the keyboard screen is small so its easier to type with the keypad i mean honestly i would love this phone if it was faster, it looks sexy, the flash on the camera isnt all that, the other thing is switching between calls like lets say ur on the phone and u get another call 70% of the time it freezes, overall it takes meee wayy more time to do simple tasks like phone calls and text messaging then with a regular 100$ phone, soo thats why i sold it no offense to anyone who like it but again everyone has a diffrent experience with phone and no im not picky or tryin to put this phone down because im some fan of another product if thats what ur sayin!!
MERC REVIEWThere is no difference between the 614 and 600. These are the same phone but with different names for the different continents. I dont know what LEAP is so if you explain me i can tel you though. i bought it from europe. it has benn on market since march. the camera is really good and the autofocus helps a lot - A LOT. if you have questions post them i check regularly :)
what is the big difference between 614c and 610c..have you an idea VIC.. i want to buy an hp soon..
thanks to merc review.. add more
Merc thank you for review! If you find anything else to add to it during your usage time plz put it here. I'm also very pleased with HP - I've been using HP 4700 and was higly pleased with it! I believe in HP and hope to become an 614c user too!
Do you know if the phone supports LEAP for wifi?
FYI, Contacted singapore HP and they mentioned that the ipaq will be released in Apr, though they are also not sure of the exact date.