HP iPAQ Glisten - user opinions and reviews

6.5

nice

• 2011-02-28 22:48
  • pUCU

I've been tech support with HP and had the misfortune to be assigned to support ipaq's.
The only resolution advised for all issues was a hard reset (press a certain key combo to start OS format and reinstall).
If that does not work, book for repair.
Sorry guys. Ipaq's were regarded a the lost stepchild of Compaq's merger with HP. They were the Republic and we the Sith. Any other comments are best left unsaid.
Adam.

• 2010-10-01 08:47
  • P$uD

Hey,
I have purchased Ipaq Voice Messenger 2009. From first day it was mess. I never used it confortablely till one day broke very easily.
I dubt this Glisten come with same problems such as my Ipaq Voice Messenger which had screen, Battery, Memory, Network, ... Problems together.
Any one used this new phone, please update me also.
Thanks

• 2010-07-02 00:31
  • mg$F

I would like to purchase this phone.
But i have same question.
1. Does this has SIP settings / Voip calling facilty.
2. hows is the battery backup?

• 2010-05-23 13:24
  • 0CpF

Yes! I also called and the phone is sold out. Att does not know when they will have this phone in stock. This has been a very popular phone. Personally I have not used the phone or know anyone that has it. I like the features and the sleek look. But the websites I have been on has good reviews for the HP IPAQ GLISTEN. So want know until I am able to purchase one.

• 2010-05-06 23:56
  • 4N3i

General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100
Announced 2009, November
Status Available. Released 2009, December
Size Dimensions 112.8 x 62.8 x 13.4 mm
Weight 132 g
Display Type AMOLED resistive touchscreen, 256K colors (65K effective colors)
Size 320 x 240 pixels, 2.5 inches
Games Yes
Colors Black
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, MIDP 2.1
- Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)
- Organizer
- Media player
- Voice memo
- T9
Battery Standard battery, Li-Po
Stand-by -
Talk time -
Misc SAR US 0.59 W/kg (head) 1.08 W/kg (body)
Price group [About 280 EUR]

Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Read more
HP iPAQ Glisten - user opinions and reviews

* Anonymous

Hey HP has been calling their phones Ipaqs since 2004, long before the first Iphone. Now if you talk about the ipod well then they copied the idea.

* 2010-04-28 17:48
* yGeH
* U

* Anonymous

How many more fones are gonna look like Blackberries and iPhone knockoffs? The chinese knockoffs are doing a better job of knockoffs... I mean, iPAQ?? I'm guessing Blackberry, iPhone and PacMan had a managetois..but where is Pacman? LOL XDD

* 2010-04-13 17:59
* MMyL
* U

* Anonymous

The camera didn't have autofocus feature !

* 2010-04-01 20:24
* uAjN

• 2010-05-05 19:28
  • mEa1

• 2010-04-28 17:48
  • yGeH

• 2010-04-13 17:59
  • MMyL

The camera didn't have autofocus feature !

• 2010-04-01 20:24
  • uAjN

Good phone

• 2010-03-25 17:10
  • jW$J

I think its a good phone. It all depends on what you will be using it for. So far, the HP brand has never let me down before so I expecting the same with their phones.

• 2010-02-25 14:01
  • NheB

Hello. I am looking for a new phone and don't know what to get. I found this phone and I liked it. But I'm not too sure if it's any good or not. I don't want to get a phone that's going to break in the first week I have it. So please comment on this and tell me negatives and positives about this phone please.

• 2010-02-20 14:47
  • RkcR

am i the only one that think that this design is a ripoff of the blackberry phones? (mainly the new curve, bold2 and tour)

• 2010-02-16 03:05
  • jF@0

> In reply to Yasir @ 2010-02-03 10:45 from u1t1 - click to readIt does a little. nothing compared to how frustrating the htc tilt lagged. this is the best phone i have used. i reccommend it.

• 2010-02-06 17:59
  • FEc1

does this phone lag like HTC ?

• 2010-02-03 10:45
  • u1t1

greater spec than mine (ipaq912)
but, does HP gonna sell the unlocked version?
if they does, i'm gonna get one for sure..

• 2010-02-02 18:52
  • uExc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-07 09:14 from 457G - click to readTo follow-up on the screen not turning on when an SMS is received, note that the phone still rings or vibrates (depending on what you have turned on). The screen not turning on upon receiving the SMS (must manually be turned on)is in fact better; too many times I had my old i-mate in my pocket, and didn't realize I received an SMS. My walking managed to push just about every button possible, and by the time I took the phone out, it had dialed abuot 3 people, changed contacts, and a host of other unpleasentries.

Other negaitves:
1. No camera LED flash! So, the pictures are extremely poor in even mildly low light conditions.
2. The screen brightness doesn't consistently adjust to the actual brightness; sensor seems inaccurate.

Other positives:
1. The phone's screen, because of its sensor, turns off when you are talking with the phone by your head. I have not yet checked whether the screen also turs off when on hands-free (bluetooth or wire).

• 2010-01-12 22:35
  • jM%7

I've had this phone for like 1 week now, and it's great, at least compared to the i-mate 8502 I had before (the maker is now out of business). This phone has been reviewed as slightly sluggish, but coming from the previous phone, it's pretty responsive. The speaker volume is *really* good and loud, and the earpiece volume is the loudest I've heard on a phone. Both have good quality. The phone battery is also pretty good so far. Everything else seems to work ok as far as I can tell, but again, this is a 1 week old phone. Negatives: Pre-installed apps, LED issues (doesn't blink at all, regardless - and that option is greyed out unless you edit the registry), the screen doesn't turn on when you get a new incoming SMS. I may followup on all these points, particularly the issues, if I can get HP to address them and give me an answer.

• 2010-01-07 09:14
  • 457G

Batt - 1590 mAh Li-Polymer battery

• 2010-01-04 04:52
  • b%2F

Hi freinds, this is a windows mobile,were is the Conrol,Shift keys.. i am not able to see it on the PIC here.

• 2009-12-31 11:00
  • vGZN
Total of 63 user reviews and opinions for HP iPAQ Glisten.