This phone was out 3 years before the iPhone, of course it's going to be slower, but as the software updated, you could add more features. I played streaming Tivo on my ipaq using a slingbox from anywhere that I had Cell service, ( I had unlimited data from Tmobile at the time ). I could also plug my laptop into this phone and use the internet through it, and I could send MMS pictures with it, which the iPhone could not do for 2 years after it came out. It had gaming apps as well and touch screen. When the iPhone came out, it was neat, you could pretend to drink a fake beer from it, but no tethering or MMS (or video conferencing like it advertised).
,..., 18 Aug 2009wow comparing this thig to a iphone is like comparing apples to oranges, processor speed is ha... moreMy first exposure to a proper smartphone, after the early Nokia communicators. $1600 at Harvey Norman in 2004 and looked spaceage in its day. Mostly for the top executive types. Today a lot of phones with better features at $300. But in 2004 this was as cutting edge as it got.
this phone kick ass u cant compare the iphone to this phone yes the procceser in the i phone is much faster. HTC has picked up the missing puzzle and has started a new wavw of PDA and phones, good luck........
wow comparing this thig to a iphone is like comparing apples to oranges, processor speed is half what an iphone is, having owned both of these phones, yes the iphone is much better but its also a newer device
think of what was around in 2004 (most of the peple posting "iphone is better" couldnt even have phones in 2004)
I just don't like the style of the phone. I wish it was a slide or flip phone.
Anonymous, 25 Mar 2009dis is not good.i hav apple iphone 16gb.that is so nice than this trashy phone.iphone is better xDDDDDDDDDD are u kidding this phone is as good as an iphone and it was made like 3 years before ur "awesome" iphone
dis is not good.i hav apple iphone 16gb.that is so nice than this trashy phone.
its a nice one.. specially when you need to go online on a wifi spot! so portable.... i don't see any problem with it... its overall a userfriendly phone... works even without the sim... so perfect for use as phone and on the job portable gadget...
6315 is a great device if you have the right operating system/software. it's true it has a small speaker problem, but it's easy to use, fun and stable. Wireless is easy to configure and connect, bluetooth works just fine. I am a little dissapointed by the processor and RAM... but it's a 2004 model.
until now I didnt experience a pda as bad as this. this is a very very bad phone/pda. basics dont work and complicated stuff like wifi are a nightmare. comparable to a bad trip where you meet satan and suffer torture
actually For the ones who thik that this pda is bad!!!,...it is not that bad, the only problem is the speaker......else it is that best phone I have ever had!!!
do not buy. do not buy. only use it, if it is given to you for free. Not worth buying because it just DONT WORK. it is very simple to understand. it just dont work
dont mislead people. It works like 73% of the time withought wifi and with wifi on 34% of the time. A phone should work always not like that. I felt ashamed to sell it to an innocent person. I dont know how tmobile people didnt feel ashamed selling this crap.
I've found this device to be reasonably reliable, and I've used on the wifi capability often. The SW has its limitations but is generally adequate. The iPaq is prone to occasional application hangs requiring a reset/cold boot but by & large is an asset.
I read about this pda in this page. I knew it was full of bugs but I fell for it because the screen is huge. This is a good pda overall, good 4 movie clip, word et etc.... BUT IF YOU are planning on ever using wifi dont buy it. I REPEAT DON'T BUY IT. I upgraded everyting in it and wifi still dont work properly. using a wifi on this pda is your worst nightmare
HP iPAQ 6315 User Review
I got this phone like a year ago, and sold it for a Samsung.
Here's my review
- Screen, definitely with the size good for internet. Works well under sunlight if you increase the brightness. (of course)
- Hot-swap memory card hole on the side, very handy.
- 2.5 mm jack on the top left side (+ converter) - applause!
- Size, too bulky even for a PDA, feels like holding a brick.
- External antenna.. come on!
- Screen, too sensitive when you don't use a good case, the screen is exposed to everything and you'll have problems (alignments and all) in
- Hot-swap hole. I accidentally pressed the card and it jumped out and fell, and a buddy stomped on it!!! D'oh!
- 5-ways button under the screen is a wild goose chase. Useless.
- Speaker phone facing back is not loud enough, even at top volume. gets worse if you use a case, you won't hear a thing.
- Rubber material for side buttons are too weak. Use your nails and you'll never see them again.
FUNCTIONS & CAPABILITIES
- It's a PDA! You can expect this thing to do whatever a PDA is supposed to. With a little extra softwares the only limit of the capabilities
is YOU. I've tried using it as a tv remote using IR..
- Expandability - being a PDA.
- Synchronizes amazingly and seamlessly with Outlook - no hassle.
- Wifi works great on hot spots.
- Handwriting recg. works great!
- Battery is among the best I've ever used. Lasted 10 hours of non stop mp3 play, plus a day more - I can't believe it.
- Wifi sometimes conflicts with gprs. (I know, they're different, sometimes the IE still tries to connect through gprs even when i set
default conn to wifi)
- Camera is among the worst - if not THE worst.
- Speaker phone is hard to use.
- Signal is very poor.
- Closing apps does not close them.
- Hot swap memory card hangs a lot, often unreadable. Busted my 1G the last time.
PROS= It's a PDA + a phone, functions can be unbeatable, battery kicks a55!!
CONS= Looks ugly, filled with bugs, errors, glitches, hangs, involuntary resets, flaws you name it.
Get a better PDA - or Plug and Pray on this one.
I had similar problems to you guys with software issues and reseting the handset all the time, but i brought a 1GB SD Card and now i love the Handset. It's the best, i use it all day and since i myself work in a mobile shop I think it's fantastic!!
I had been using the Hp IPaq 6300 series Pocket PC phone and it was my worst experience, used to hang up a lot and very bulky.
Also I started getting a lot of complains from my friends and associates that when they call me my mobile shows as swithed off.
There are only 2 good things about it 1) screen size is big 2) battery life is very long. other than that its going to be your worst phone. I still have that phone sitting at home coz I just didnít have the heart to sell out this sick phone to some one else. If you still want to try it out I'll ship it out to you free.
If you really want a good Pocket Pc Phone go for the i-mates