HP iPAQ hw6915 - user opinions and reviews

HP

6.6
6.7
6.6

As an owner of an iPAQ 6915, let me clear up some misconceptions about this device.

Firstly, the display. Agreed 240x240 is not the biggest out there but it is certainly one of the best in its class and when compared to other cell phones, the iPAQs colour, clarity and brightness are infinitly better.

Secondly, the connectivity is amazing. It would be very hard to find a similar device with the extensive connectivity options offered. And it is true, Skype works on this iPAQ

Thirdly, Windows Mobile 5. In terms of ease of use and functionality, WM5 is probably the best OS out there, and then one must take into account that there are far more applications for WM then there will ever be for Symbian operating systems (used on all Nokias including E61). Opening Word, Excel or PDF attachements from e-mails in Windows Mobile is wonderful. Syncronisation of contacts, tasks, calender, files or anything else as well as adding/removing programs is handeled very well using MS ActiveSync. Windows Media Player provides music management capability that in my opinion rivels even that of the Apple iPods.

GPS also works nicely. I have been using the device with freeware GPS software (ODGPS) and even that is able to provide me with mapping as well as statistical information.

HP has clearly put a lot of thought into the design of this device, from the flip open, translucive, protective cover, to the extensive "HP Profiles" and "iPAQ Wireless" Applications. As a total communication solution, multimedia powerhouse and organisational nerve center, I would strongly recommend this product.

• 2006-09-19 22:39

umts & FM player will be launched

• 2006-09-15 19:04
  • PS@u

8.5/10 rating
using this phone for around 3 months. recently the miniture joystick is going crazy, any1 encounter this ?
any1 got chinese character support sofeware ?
2gb miniSD is no problem coz i m using it..

• 2006-09-15 07:29
  • PFM7

been waiting and waiting in USA for release. bought a UK model. NO repeat NO keyboard documentation, no NO windows documentation and outbound emails go nowhere.

VERY DISAPOINTED. thought this would be the holy grail of communication. just a nightmare so far. have spent hours on the phone with T-Mobile - no results.

• 2006-09-10 01:43
  • xxRH

It works very well with TOM TOM gps software.
and I didn't get any crashing while I was using gps camera.
JUST TO TELL YOU THIS:
all its features working perfectlly except camera that I haven't had big expectations before I bought it.

• 2006-09-09 04:43
  • Yfgt

Now my new problem is whenever I turn on the camera the iPAQ hangs!!!!
Chinese star and text messages problem settled.

• 2006-08-25 17:51
  • TC{C

Phone to HP and complaint it ~~ it ~~ it.
Be honest, a lower resolution display make GPS become useless. Someone may argue 240x240 is enough, then ok, go ahead!!

Why don't we ask ourselves a question
"240x320 (or VGA in near future) is a norm, why 240x240 is used?"
i) graphic hardware problem?
ii)selling you old stuff? (= treat you as
stupid)

• 2006-08-22 18:58
  • TRBN

Bought this 2 wks ago. Problem: Whenever i use GPS for photos, the unit hang.Also, Chinese Star--once launched I cant read my text messages anymore.Also slow response to prog launching.

• 2006-08-20 04:45
  • TC{Q

For me, 6900 is nothing but just a 'toy', how come 240x240 could be used in a so-called 'latest' product? HP, please take a look at N80!!!!!!!!!

• 2006-08-19 17:07
  • TR%s

Wow.. This is what i ever immagined to have..Everythings in to one hand...I cant wait till it comes out officially.. can anybody tell me where can i bye it in France or UK. Carry on HP

• 2006-07-31 13:22
  • Igxp

I installed Mobile Skype for higher processor speeds. Follow this link for it.

Have fun with it all. BTW opera mini for slower processor speeds works great on the unit also.

• 2006-07-26 08:14
  • PxvM

Can I put in HP iPAQ hw6900 miniSD of 2 GB?
Since it says 128 mb in the specs....

• 2006-07-25 14:27
  • M}FI

who knows how can I find map software for GPS on HP6900?
Thanks mattsoumi@gmail.com

• 2006-07-22 10:44
  • Yfgt

I got it today in stock from here http://www.omnicelusa.com/prod...fo.asp?id=78 $875 yeah!!!

• 2006-07-18 19:30
  • 4udx

GEEK - I saw your post below) and I am hoping you can tell me which version of Skype you are using on your 6965. I am getting my 6915 tomorrow and would like to set up Skype as soon as I get it but don’t see a version listed on the Skype site for the 69** series yet. Help!

I just got my HW6965, what a great device. I am useing Skype on it with a BlueAnt Wireless X5 Stereo Headphones. WOW fantastic preformance, HP with A2DP and AVRCP profiles, WIFI is great and keyboard is much easier to use than HW6515. Overall speed not to bad, needs more memory in it but they all do!!! Over all I love it.

Thanks in advance,

• 2006-07-17 18:56
  • pYps

This Ipaq was released in Melbourne, Australia last Friday (09/07/06)

RRP $1199
Harvey Normans have it for $999

• 2006-07-11 09:46

• 2006-07-10 06:52
  • PxvM

i called h customer care and they said that they are going to release this model in india on july 28th....costing around 40000
mean while the rw6828 costs 33500 in india

but will the these be able to beat p990 to be released later in july and already out imate kjam

• 2006-06-29 19:06
  • 2SRc
  • Stonea1224@gmail.com
  • Rating0

Can someone please tell me if I can install navigation software on this phone. I see a lot of GPS mainly for UK. Thanks

• 2006-06-28 08:12
  • 4CLn
Total of 258 user reviews and opinions for HP iPAQ hw6915.