HP iPAQ rw6828 - user opinions and reviews

HP

7.6
7.4
7.3

I think it is very good. But I too am so disappointed with the short battery life. Is there a charger / cradle for this model? I'd like the ring tone to be louder...I miss calls all the time.

• 2006-10-11 13:42
  • PZRW

Need Help. My rw6828 hanged and when i turned it off. It won't turn on. I tried doing a soft reset still no avail. I went thru the complete reset of the PDA and still it won't turn on. Anyone can give me a solution?

• 2006-10-11 12:24
  • Rxnd

Dont buy tis piece of junk. If u not regret after having tis piece, u must be a very patience user or u not full use of the functions. Bad sound, poor camera, software mess up and worst quality.

• 2006-10-11 03:42
  • jBMi

Can anyone help me fix the Wallpaper - I am trying to set a photo as a wallpaper but it wouldnt cover the entire screen-there are grey strips on the top andbottom of the photo.

• 2006-10-02 18:54
  • 2SV9

evrythin works well for me, except one thing, how 2 transfer songs fr HP to other phone via blue tooth ??

• 2006-10-01 21:52
  • iAQR

phew! i almost went through hell if i had this 6828..
fortunately my friend recommended me to buy an 02 xda neo and it works fine!

• 2006-09-27 16:22
  • in@Z

compared to O2 and Dopod, rw6828 is a slow though specs are almost the same.

try opening windows directory and you will see the difference straight away.

• 2006-09-27 09:23
  • PGQx

Ever Since my first experience with HP Jornada, I told myself not buy anything HP and well....from the posting to this forum.....You can seeee how HP sucks big time....

• 2006-09-23 05:54
  • ibfd

I need to transfer a ringing tone from a nokia 9300 to the 6828.. It in the system of the phone.. can I be done please help
In addition for whats with the volume it rings on four time and not loud

• 2006-09-21 03:31
  • 2CNg

Sound is good, speakers work well...resolution is excellent....over all 9 out of 10. But how to install software??? can anybody help me??

• 2006-09-20 16:08
  • PBMQ

What about reading your manual !!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2006-09-15 22:12
  • 4n4}

Not very impressed with this PDA that doubles as a phone. Speakers, headphones, sync, speed, battery life - all ordinary. Two hands to unlock and make a call - a pain. I'm using my old Nokia 6310i as my phone and this a PDA. Internet downloads $$$ so wouldnt bother with that either. No more HP for me.

• 2006-09-15 14:22
  • Rxfi

hello,

how to on my wi-fi, can anybody help me?

• 2006-09-15 06:53
  • TC}7

Hi!
The phone build is damn good except the sound quality. Itz featuristic and have artificial IQ.

I've one problem .. unable to send SMS
When I click on the phone>menu>options then I get the following error mssage
"The phone is not ready. Wait 15 seconds and try again".
I contacted HP support but in vain and did n't get it resolved.

Regards,
Krishna.

• 2006-09-12 16:18
  • iiWY

I've just bought a iPAQ rw6828 recently, but have been having problems with the battery lasting just a day!

Anyone having battery problems? How long does your battery last?

I get about a day use and i need to recharge. Each day i answer maybe a few calls and use the calendar a few times. I'm not a heavy user, but the battery just don't last.

Thanks Andy.

• 2006-09-12 01:40
  • myqE

Dear LCF, I suggest you complainting the shop as well and don't hesitate to phone to HP customer service and 'instruct' them to find the right person who can give you a professional response.

Be honest, my 6630, N70 and N83 could do what you need.
1) Outlook: N83 WIN
2) Playing music: both ok
3) Internet broswer: N83 WIN.
4) Resolution: N83 WIN
5) Camera/picture quality: N83 WIN
6) playing video: rw6828 WIN coz TCPMP
7) Memory: rw6828 WIN coz 2G mini-sd (but really slow)
8) Email: rw6828 WIN coz IMAP and POP3
9) Office: rw6828 WIN coz mobile office can't do a lot.

• 2006-09-06 19:18
  • TR%g

Be fair!! PPC/PDA user should know how to quit the program as BT said. However, I hate most of applications don't have a 'Close' choice!!!!!!!! my god~~~
For me, PPC must function as a PC but limited ability
1) running at least 2 to 3 applications concurrently e.g. playing music, downloading something and viewing a document
2) really stable IE
3) minimized memory leakage problem
etc....
Otherwise, it is useless!!!!

• 2006-09-06 18:51
  • TR%g

Leon, it is normal for Windows bases PPC to hv previous applications/programmes running on the background even if you hv closed them b4 entering another application. You hv to go to Start,System,Memory,Running Programs,Stop All. If u don't, your memory space will keep reducing and this will eventually slow down your PPC. I'm using DOPOD 818 Pro which is also Windows based.

• 2006-09-06 06:21
  • ibgX

I am from Singapore, and I bought the RW6828 three days ago to replace my 2-years-old O2 XDA IImini which broke down recently. Up to then I have never had any problem with the O2 mini, so it was perhaps this reason that I was so over-confident that I did not check the unit properly before leaving the mobile shop. My mistake.

At home, upon testing the music playback using WMP, to my horror I can hear a moderately loud background hissing noise over the music I was playing, using both the supplied headset as well as my Sony Nude Ex earphones with an adapter. One key reason I purchased the phone is to listen to music on-the-go (mainly instrumental songs), but the overall experience with this unit so bad it's worse than listening to our local classical radio station with my cheap freebie FM portable radio (with static, noise and all)!

I am not sure if this is a design issue or if I happen to have purchased a defective unit.

I immediately went back to the shop where I purchased the phone, but the salesmens were unfriendly and refuse to help, even tried hard-talk tactics on me. They even gaved me the wrong address for the HP service center -good thing I actually knew where it is!

Anyway, the unit is now with HP's Service Center for checks, but already according to them the noise is "normal"! They suggested that if I lower the external volume control on the headset, and at the same time increase the volume setting on the PDA, this will helps to reduce the noise. However, this solution doesn't work for me: I find the supplied headset of poor quality and horrible for listening to music. Instead, I have been using several other big/small earphones/headsets (incl my Sony Nude Ex)as well as one portable active speaker Sony SRS-T55 with my O2 mini, and ALL of them do not have an external volume control!

Anyway, to keep the long story short, since audio/sound is a subjective subject, I am half-expecting HP to return to me with a "sorry-no-fault-found" verdict.

So if music playback quality is important to you, I strongly advice u to test the unit with a soft intrumental song to see if the noise level is disturbing to you, before paying for the unit and leaving the shop.

• 2006-09-04 09:15
  • F4pr

I just own a HP Rw6828 few days ago. Below are the few questions I want to ask:
1.) Why playing movie so lag one?
2.) Every files or programs after I used it and closed, but the program still running This will cause the ROM no enough space to store. Somemore, cause the processor slow.
Hope someone can give me opinion. Thanks!

• 2006-09-02 07:03
  • ibcM
Total of 415 user reviews and opinions for HP iPAQ rw6828.