HP iPAQ rw6828 - user opinions and reviews

7.6
7.4
7.3

hi Yitwo,

turn on the night mode all the time, and put it on flash.
it surely really works anywhere anyday ;)

• 2006-09-02 06:44
  • F4pr

Dear Yitwo

The camera lens on these devices (including the Atoms etc) are very small - and as such, to get a good picture you need a bright subject to photograph. Try taking some photos outside on a well lit subject, and you notice a big difference

• 2006-09-02 00:55
  • Ui9K

hai danis,

to turn on the speaker, just press "call" button (the green one) for a few second while talking

• 2006-08-28 16:27
  • RIE0

hi Betty,

I am going to "recall" my money as well (if possible) T_T

• 2006-08-27 18:05
  • TRBF

hi, can anyone help to advise how to take clear picture? My unit simply does not deliver a reasonable good pix. Also, anyway to increase the quality & volume of the speaker? Many Tx!

• 2006-08-27 12:29
  • ijrx

A few people I have talked to have been given the wrong battery with this phone - i heard that the phone was going to be recalled shortly due to technical issues.

• 2006-08-27 03:10
  • PMTH

Think this is great gift for people.. i thinking of buying this to a customer who did a presentation us and end up giving us a hardware deal.. hopes he likes it... and hope this works in our region Sri lanka

• 2006-08-24 07:03
  • UGpF

Dear Ken,

Sorry for my unclear description. The options mean those choices (itmes) you wish to display on the top e.g. PocketMusic. What I did is just unselect and select it again, then press (OK).

I am not sure it works for all of you. Good Luck!!

• 2006-08-22 18:44
  • TRBN

hey, just wan to know that do this phone come with an handfrees, and can this phone have speaker phone fucntion, Please advice.
Thanks.

• 2006-08-22 11:51
  • 2ELV

Hello All!

Anybody tried to put ROM from O2 XDA Atom or Atom Exec???

• 2006-08-21 05:33
  • MFCd

I have the "no sound" problem on my IPAQ 6828. Do anyone know how to solve this problem?

Dear T_T, what do you mean by "just trigger the option in setting >> today" to get the sound back. I would be grateful for a clearer instruction, as I'm not very technically minded.
Cheers, Ken.

• 2006-08-20 05:58
  • TGjg

"Big finding", how could it be!!!!!!!!
[[For those who face a problem of "no sound"]]
Just trigger the option in setting >> today, then sould come again, suprise? yes
why? I don't know, HP don't know too
T_T

• 2006-08-19 17:13
  • TR%s

got mine last july06 and still have no problems. just got irritated at first because of the slow processing but if you want to speed-up, download softwares that will overclock the processor. i've done it and works smoothly. The pocketMusic slows the processing,the overclocking software helps on this. Speakers are good, not intended for loud music playing though...overall, i say 8.5/10.

• 2006-08-16 11:53
  • PU3j

just bought it on last saturday, not satisfied with it speaker, very soft, the ringtone is also to slow, so as pocket music. can anybody tell me how to on the loudspeaker? please...

• 2006-08-15 17:37
  • RIEg

I've been using IPAQ RW6828 for less than a month and now there is no sound coming out of speakers. Sound comes through fine in headset. Tried HP Customer Care but all the support consultant can help me was to try soft and hard reset which I have tried but didnt fix the problem. He then asked me to courier to HP with DHL (or something similar) and registered on my own expense.
I spent so much on the IPAQ itself and now I have to pay extra for the IPAQ quality problem. So much for Customer Care. He said he will get back to me in 24 hrs but still havent heard from him since. Hope HP will improve both quality on the IPAQ and customer service.

• 2006-08-15 06:13
  • PSZF

Hai all,If you have problem with downloading pages in net, just apply Hard Reset.This phone is extreamly the best.

• 2006-08-14 11:17
  • TC$B

Hi all. I'm a prospective buyer of the Hp Ipac rw 6828. I've been to the phone outlet and fell in love with it but they were out of sock. In the mean time I'm reading the comments and there seems to be a lot of pros with the fone. Can any1 advise me if its worthwhile to purchase the fone?

Does it have GPS on already installed. If not can I download it?

Thank you.

• 2006-08-13 15:56
  • wgYy

I gave up on HP productS three years back. When their PDA range came out I was so eagar. Then everything start sucking up...My advise....dun buy HP. Just another US company making a fool out of everyone. When my batt died I called....the helpline say the dun support it anymore....they advise go online and look for batt. What a load of crap

• 2006-08-12 04:24
  • ibfe

Whilst i have been very happy with my xda mini II i have been looking for something better and i thought i had found it with the rw 6828. now that ive used it, there are some good features on it but guys you have failed miserably with the battery power and the time it takes to say switch between 2 dates on the calender is up to 20 seconds somethines. i cant run a business like that. i'm handing ther unit back going back to my origianl XDA. i honestly thought there'd be something better by now. Shame.

• 2006-08-11 04:54
  • PNI2

how is the user interface of the 6828??

• 2006-08-09 06:18
  • F4pr
Total of 415 user reviews and opinions for HP iPAQ rw6828.