HP Pre 3 - user opinions and reviews

HP

7.8
7.9
7.9

I also recently saw just the front panel (bezel, screen, glass) on eBay.

• 2013-11-06 07:49
  • YHrV

> In reply to bennitez @ 2013-04-15 12:29 from IaHa - click to readdue to it's relative rarity, parts themselves are also in short supply. your best bet is probably webOSnation's marketplace - because sometimes a Pre3 for parts appears and you can ask about it there as well

• 2013-05-17 20:52
  • B@Qn

• 2013-05-17 20:38
  • B@Qn

where do i get another screen for my HP Pre 3,the touch effect is not there at all!!

• 2013-04-15 12:29
  • IaHa

> In reply to Sam @ 2013-03-10 15:45 from 2@fF - click to readCopy them to your sim, and then you could copy them onto the Pre3 or you could just keep them on the sim? Hope that's useful.

• 2013-04-06 18:16
  • nEyp

> In reply to johnlove @ 2013-02-17 13:28 from t785 - click to readyes,you can

• 2013-04-05 23:23
  • pkJn

> In reply to lieChar @ 2013-01-28 05:38 from LBkQ - click to readMojoWhatsApp can be downloaded from webOSnation forums. It works.

• 2013-03-10 15:47
  • 2@fF

Does anyone know how I can transfer contacts from my Blackberry Bold to the Pre 3?

• 2013-03-10 15:45
  • 2@fF

Can I print messages via wifi to a HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 printer?

• 2013-02-17 13:28
  • t785

> In reply to bharat @ 2013-01-25 19:07 from Hkqj - click to readdownload apps from PREWARE

• 2013-01-30 23:09
  • m84F

> In reply to bharat @ 2013-01-25 19:07 from Hkqj - click to readYou can't, whatsapp only for android, WP, iOS or some nokia phones

• 2013-01-28 05:38
  • LBkQ

> In reply to Vince McGarrett @ 2012-05-26 12:35 from qi4v - click to readcan you tell me how to set up MMS. I entered the values as instructed by Straight Talk but it will not work

• 2013-01-28 01:23
  • 42b{

can someone tell me how to download whatsapp for this ph or other msging app

• 2013-01-25 19:07
  • Hkqj

I got this phone off ebay some 3 months ago. I sold it, and felt that ill have problem with the keyboard flex in the future so i went back to using Android - HTC Incredible - then i sold it again, and tried WP Lumia 800. It felt short of all important tasks such as multi tasking, simplicity, etc. I traded off with my friend whom i sold the HP Pre 3! haahah. I got it again, he got the Lumia. It feels so good again to be back with WebOS. Its incomparable.

Hope there will be WebOS phone in the future. IT is definitely the BEST OS.

Teody (Globe-philippines)

• 2012-08-27 07:19
  • 7X14

> In reply to Mish @ 2012-04-02 14:55 from qbe1 - click to readyou bought the wrong version...d'oh !!

• 2012-08-11 16:41
  • nRfD

Best Phone EVER! Went from my iphone4 to the pre3, LOVE it!! WebOS is cool, install preware on this baby, crank up govnah and off you fly!! Fast and smooth. The only thing thats not all that wonderful is the camera software. It doesnt have good exposure and color correction or white balance. It works, but others are better. Video quality though is very good. Not as much compression noise as my iphone. Of course not as many apps for webOS as ios, but if you don't need a ton of apps, just the basics, you'll be happy with the pre3. GREAT phone!!

• 2012-08-04 05:50
  • AUWJ

Got it from Berlin last year in October for 200 euro new.
Currently using it in Greece.
Some problems: A.Loosing GSM signal periodically so people call me on my other phone to ask me why I am off the air...
B.) The ringer-off button on top of the phone is accidentally pushed to off position when putting the phone in its holster. Had to hold it with a tape to avoid accidents. This button could have been placed on the side rather than on the top of the phone.
C.) Camera functions and possibilites not the best on the market....
For what I want and what I paid, it is ok...

• 2012-06-16 08:48
  • 0Vhv

I was lucky enough to buy my HP Pre 3 from eBay and I couldn't be happier. After Sprint abandoned Palm handsets after the original Palm Pre and Palm Pixi, I had to start considering finding another carrier. After much research, I decided on Straight Talk, bought the SIM online from their website, ported my existing Sprint phone number (only took 10 minutes after I talked to Straight Talk rep on the phone for 20 minutes to give all my information), popped it in my Pre 3, and I've been happily swimming in the warm, soothing waters of webOS 2.2.4, ever since.
I have an iPhone 4 as my backup line, in case I can no longer carry on my devotion to the elegant and intuitive webOS. The iPhone and iOS are great, but the webOS uses 'cards' allowing you to actively switch between Contacts and say, an active Phone call, quickly and easily, without having to navigate to the main home screen and selecting the Phone app, like I do with the iPhone.
I hope HP gets it financial house in order, so they come closer to realizing the potential of the webOS, if they just stop being fickle and commit to the platform 100%. Come on HP, wake up!

• 2012-05-26 12:35
  • qi4v

please review this mobile!!!

• 2012-05-14 20:12
  • ut3k

I have the 16 GB AT&T version which includes the 850 MHz band. Great phone.

• 2012-05-14 16:14
  • kB7f
Total of 146 user reviews and opinions for HP Pre 3.