HTC Butterfly - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.2

whatever it may be we cant use video call,if we r paying more then 35k we expect these features

• 2013-01-29 11:10
  • vGMF

> In reply to Ally @ 2013-01-29 04:09 from TSNs - click to readDepends on your environment and usage. If you're already in Apple's environment such that you've purchased songs and movies from iTunes, get an iPhone. If you're in Android ecosystem, get the Samsung Note 2. But for Android, I'd recommend the Xperia Z. If you want something new, smooth user experience that can match the iPhone, go for the Lumia 920. It's also said to have one of the best 8MP camera :) Hope this helps.

• 2013-01-29 10:02
  • vV5G

I need viewers opinion... I was thing to buy a new gadget... Iphone5 ? Samsung NoteII ? Nokia Lumia 920? or HTC Butterfly...... which one is the best specification...hurry i need a feedback

• 2013-01-29 04:09
  • TSNs

htc upgraded the model but insanely reduce other part(battery).for heavy user its a hell...

• 2013-01-28 23:54
  • uCnW

I purchased this phone on the 17th of Jan and received it in the post on the 21st of Jan. I Love this phone.

- The screen is awesome. Very Bright, very clear, very sharp
- Feels great - The tapered edges make the phone feel paper thin
- Feels fantastic (I have the white one - and NO it does NOT look like a iphone) Quality of build is excellent.
- Battery is fantastic for medium use - 100% in morning, Phone calls, messages, email, hotspot, general play - Battery at the end of the day is about 20% - However if you play games etc (which I don't a lot - unless I am waiting for my wife whilst shopping!) battery is reduced - Still lasts most of the daylight hours.
- I LOVE HTC SENSE - I played with my mates S3 and he played with my phone, he says he wishes he'd bought the Butterfly - He doesn't like S3's interface either.
- I rate this phone a 10/10 however IF I did play games all day (Which I don't cause I have a job) I probably give it an 8/10 for battery life.

Purchased it through Expansys for $777 inc extended warranty.

• 2013-01-28 22:09
  • v6fc

> In reply to WD @ 2013-01-28 06:32 from 3Y7G - click to readI'm not sure about the battery life of the Butterfly but my LG L9 has an impressive battery life, around 2 days with normal use. Me thinks can last more than that if I just use it for texting and calling.

• 2013-01-28 17:01
  • UD}w

> In reply to ninja @ 2013-01-27 21:40 from atGg - click to readI had using Note for past 7 months..i love it but not pocket friendly ..
So i switch to this Amazing phone..u will love the speed and performance is fantastic..!
The Sense ui is way better than TW..
And for the battery life, is good for one day used..and i always bring my power bank along just in case..

• 2013-01-28 10:38
  • KZ8B

If compare to Motorola HTC Butterfly should come with 3000mAh+ battery for this superb powerful Butterfy.
However, I still love it the most.

• 2013-01-28 09:39
  • IT4q

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-27 13:01 from v0qJ - click to readWith all respect, there is no comparison between the Butterfly and L9... For one (of many advantages of the Butterfly) the resolution is double what is offered by L9. For a fair compare (in my opinion), the LG VU P895 is of the same class, and here, Butterfly wins by miles when it comes to battery life.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the Butterfly, a device with a price tag (+$800) should offer much better performance in terms of battery life, but so far, I haven't seen a device even close to the Galaxy Note-II (or Note-I) in this regards. Where I live (UAE), the LG VU P985 is the same price as the Note-I. I might be wrong about the L9, but my experience with LG smart phones (L7 and 4X) made me sure never to waste money on an LG device again. Very nice specs at an amazingly reasonably price but the battery life is a big let down, just like the iphone 4/4S (haven't tried iphone 5 and for sure will not try it) but I wouldn't expect miracles despite the reviews claiming long battery life for the iphone 5.

• 2013-01-28 06:32
  • 3Y7G

> In reply to youyouyou @ 2013-01-27 10:31 from tuea - click to readGood to known the hand set in htc androi

• 2013-01-28 05:37
  • 9C9T

> In reply to youyouyou @ 2013-01-27 10:31 from tuea - click to readYou don't have to consider my opinion. If you want a good Android you may go for S3 or Note2 which has an impressive battery life and a quite lovely display, but its design to me is ugly. I'd sugest Xperia Z if you can wait a while. Can't tell anything about Butterfly, seems so good, but so many battery complaints... Nexus4 and OptimusG for the right price may be a smart choice. Or maybe a Padphone2. You got numerous options.

• 2013-01-28 00:04
  • 3TLx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-24 14:54 from IVGx - click to readHow is Sony doing? Only the 2nd best selling Android manufacturer behind Samsung! Watch Sony soar without Ericsson.....twip!!

• 2013-01-27 23:09
  • sXM$

Hey guys why HTC equip this big lcd phone only 2020 battery?????
Htc High end phones always Low battery.
I hate htc....
Love galaxy note2.

• 2013-01-27 21:40
  • atGg

Looks nice but battery life seems somehow extremely poor compared to Samsung Galaxy Note II. Also would be nice if HTC introduced a pen like Samsung's S pen on Samsung's Note II. HTC please make a device like Samsung Galaxy Note II (even size). (quality wise would be better than Samsung!)

• 2013-01-27 20:45
  • p7K9

> In reply to Zao @ 2013-01-27 00:33 from 3TLR - click to readThis is true

• 2013-01-27 17:25
  • ut2m

Can some 1 guide me to make 3g call on this device, just can't find it !!!

• 2013-01-27 17:09
  • u7m9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-24 10:16 from th9c - click to readRead carefully he says sony better than samsung not samsung better than sony

• 2013-01-27 16:44
  • KA5i

> In reply to Richard @ 2013-01-27 01:08 from NpCM - click to readYeah you are right. But you forgot one thing. Nowadays, most people don't just keep using the same phones for many years. They just use them for one or two years and change to new phones. The number of Samsung phones sold per year is a lot. remember, not too many people use HTC. since the number HTC phones sold per year is little compared to Samsung, you may not see many people sell their HTC out. That's the reason why you noticed many people sell out their Samsung smartphones. After they sell, they will buy another Samsung (the latest version). HTC is not bad, but I don't think people will move from Samsung to HTC unless HTC starts to change its policy in terms of battery capacity, price (some HTC's phones are as expensive as Samsungs' ) and so on.

• 2013-01-27 15:08
  • UiBx

> In reply to penang_butterfly @ 2013-01-27 03:48 from u7mc - click to readlg l9 (mid-range phone) has far better battery life than htc btterfly....
htc shame on you...

• 2013-01-27 13:01
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Rand Al'Thor @ 2013-01-26 00:24 from GFk1 - click to readhtc. butterfly has a very poor battery life!
believe me...
in just about 16hours of normal use . an hour net browsing or downloading data the battery got an empty...
poor htc!!!

• 2013-01-27 12:58
  • v0qJ
Total of 1472 user reviews and opinions for HTC Butterfly.