HTC Butterfly - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.2

i recently started using this phone, its awesome but sometimes the screen just goes blank and there is nothing i can do to get it back unless it stays blank until battery runs completely dead before i can start charging then after switch it on. its crazy,if it were other phones you just have to take battery out and put it back in and switch on then you are good to go but with this phone you cant take out battery which means you have be without phone for as long as battery will take to run out and the hours it will take to charge before you can use.
i will be glad if someone can tell me how to rectify or remedy this situation.
and by the way, is it normal that it takes so long to charge?

• 2014-02-17 14:17
  • fmgI

I have been using this phn since last May. After update the phone's screen doesnt turn off during charging. This is really annoying. If the battery reaches below 40% mark, I have to switch off the phone for charging and it takes hours to charge......Please help......if somebody knows the solution..should I contact the service centre......and yes the never sleep option duriing charging is off

• 2014-02-17 06:09
  • uukp

Yes....I have been using this phn since last May. After update the phone's screen doesnt turn off during charging. This is really annoying. If the battery reaches below 40% mark, I have to switch off the phone for charging and it takes hours to charge......Please help...if somebody knows the solution.....and yes the never sleep option duriing charging is off..

• 2014-02-17 06:07
  • uukp

I really love this phone but the problem is that is too cost in my country negeria.

• 2014-02-13 22:05
  • fuN1

> In reply to nggektin @ 2014-01-26 05:16 from KZ8y - click to readDo you need to keep backup of ur contacts before updating ?

• 2014-02-13 06:24
  • vb$T

> In reply to [deleted post]Till Dec end it was 27k . I had bought in that price with 30 days replacement warranty. But now it is 34800 that too with 10 days replacement warranty. You will get it in Reliance digital Stores in Mumbai at 31k.. I did a 2 months hunt for this and finally got it from flipkart. At Reliance digital u will get the display piece. I think in whole mumbai only 3 black pieces and 2 white pieces are there..

• 2014-02-11 09:03
  • vb$x

> In reply to Krishna @ 2014-01-30 16:05 from PDSG - click to readHey before updating I want to ask is there any problem occurring after the update ?

• 2014-02-11 08:56
  • vb$x

> In reply to [deleted post]No buddy.. Till Dec end it was 27k.. I bought in 27k.. with 30 days replacement warranty. Now it is 34800 ..with 10 days replacement warranty...

Mumbai mein it is available in 2-3 Reliance digital stores at 31k. But the black piece is a display unit everywhere.. the white may be sealed.

• 2014-02-11 08:53
  • vb$x

The phone is really awesome.But how come the 4.3 sense 5.5 update is not shown within the specifications?

• 2014-02-11 07:34
  • fufc

every shop says this mobile has been discontinued, From where can I get it??

• 2014-02-10 12:27
  • rAWU

I know we just got the 4.3, but is 4.4 expected on this device?

The droid DNA is getting it. Any chance us poor souls will get it?

• 2014-02-04 18:01
  • utaE

Ha finally got 4.3 and sense 5.5 update in India. HTC rocks \m/..but nothing much in update just got zoe mode and music player updates thats it..although the phn is much smoother and faster..and i feel battery backup of butterfly is far better than One X...:)

• 2014-01-30 16:05
  • PDSG

can anyone tell how is the battery life? Coz within 4-5 hours its getting low

• 2014-01-29 08:44
  • 3JDf

hell,how can I know the genuine htc butterfly, because the one I wanted to buy is made in china not in Thailand, is htc having it genuine branch in china, please help me to know the signs to easily recognize the original

• 2014-01-27 01:20
  • fmgi

Upgraded my butterfly today to 4.3+ & sense 5.5. I'm from Malaysia.

Yeah, waited sometimes for this and not regreted choosen HTC. Nice phone with quality & solid like iphone.

• 2014-01-26 05:16
  • KZ8y

Best phone i got, overall great.
Display very crisp, sound great especially when use beats audio, battery live can stand 1 whole day.
And software update fastest than others, just now got 4.3 + sense 5.5 ongoing update.

Position Indonesia...

• 2014-01-26 01:46
  • vfxH

> In reply to jiraiya @ 2013-12-17 07:13 from Hxcp - click to readnope, i have the butterfly!!!

• 2014-01-25 13:46
  • IyVg

I just had my Sense 5.5 and Android 4.3 update on my Butterfly. Now I have Zoe and dont need the HTC One again. Most of my friends even prefer the Butterfly to the One. Its so durable after its many falls.

• 2014-01-25 13:35
  • IyVg

Htc butterfly is more powerful than iphone 5 with big full hd display grt battrry performens just go for htc butterfly good job htc

• 2014-01-23 15:42
  • Hkq3

> In reply to mrwan @ 2013-12-27 00:31 from HjBx - click to readSeriously s4 is better on the processor but legging, I don't understand, HTC butterfly is better and until now I don't have any plan to change( until Z1 compact later because of camera capabilitiy ).I root s-off and upgrade to jelly bean 4.3 sense 5.5

• 2014-01-21 11:29
  • PGek
Total of 1463 user reviews and opinions for HTC Butterfly.