HTC ChaCha - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.6
7.2
6.8

Id been using this for a month and its a great phone. I wud like to ask how to save camera shots diretcly to sd card as a default? So no need for me to transfer. Pls help me guys as i cannot find in the settings.
Tq roland

• 2012-03-22 08:09
  • UD%x

HTC Chacha is a great phone. Its been 6mos since I bought one. QWERTY keypad + touchscreen is the best. I had a full touchscreen phone once but its so hard to create a txt or email. Easy with HTC Chacha. I know that battery life is so short. My resolution, I bring my USB cord everyday. I charge at home or at work. If you love applications that require a full touchscreen phone, this is not the phone for you. Only apps I use are facebook, twitter, Market, Gmail, antivirus, color flashlight, photoshake apps2sd, equalizer, angry birds. BUt im more on txt messaging and calling. If there's another HTC Chacha type phone avail here, I'll definitely buy one.

• 2012-03-22 02:31
  • vaNH

HTC Chacha battery issue.
I found this on google forum please let us know if it helped.
it has alreadt helped one user.

Solution for HTC CHAHCA android 2.3.3.

Dear all,
My GF's phone had the same problem. I've been reading this thread and tried all of the proposed solutions (Blue-tooth on, Fast Reboot(99cent), sense options off, even did a Factory reset) but none worked. Somewhere, I can't recall where, I found an other work-around, and it looks like it works for us.
Since all other solutions didn't work for us, I'm not sure this one will for everybody.
Here it is:

- Download the App "Proximity Screen Off" (by Shailesh Soliwal).
- open it(see note below) and select the box for "Enable Device Admin" (give permission).
- "Disable in Landscape" selected.
- "Enable during call only" NOT selected.
- Both "Cover..." boxes are NOT selected.
- "Disable Accidental Lock MUST be selected.
- For "Timeout", we have 1 second.
- Press the "back" button on the phone.
- Chose "Start Service".

Running 2 days now and battery usage is back to normal.
Good luck, hope it helps you all. If so, let Google know.
Hopefully with the next update it's solved.

Note: The app also comes with a nice "ScreenOff" shortcut you can place on the desktop. Not to be mistaken with the "ProximityScreenOff" app itself when opening :)

I'm keeping my fingers cross that this works till Google fixes this bug.:(

here's d link 2 d application..

• 2012-03-21 19:05
  • Py%Q

> In reply to Kingy D Great @ 2012-03-02 15:24 from uSP@ - click to readdoes it support facebook timeline or not?

• 2012-03-21 09:53
  • m41s

> In reply to dany @ 2012-03-17 18:36 from ITWG - click to readif u r heavy texter chacha is best for u.

• 2012-03-20 13:39
  • pX7H

> In reply to art @ 2012-03-15 06:27 from vGQA - click to readI faced the same issue, but a simple restart solved the same :-)

• 2012-03-20 09:01
  • tUcQ

> In reply to Ali @ 2012-03-16 20:17 from uWW1 - click to readYes, I am facing the same problem ,Voice break is a major problem in skype. You can't get the clear over 3G & wifi (Tested on Both). So don't buy it.

• 2012-03-19 21:18
  • nC2K

> In reply to Ali @ 2012-03-16 20:17 from uWW1 - click to readSkype doesn't support video on the HTC chacha, however the voice clarity is pretty decent on 3G.

• 2012-03-19 03:19
  • uFw0

Chacha is a good phone in many ways ..but

The internal storage of chacha is included the sd card , which mean even i move all my download apps to sd card , it still influence to my internal storage...512 is not enough for user that love to download many apps ... no matter how large is your sd card .. when your internal storage lower than 20mb.. sync stop ..... and you probably cant download anymore apps..

• 2012-03-18 04:25
  • IVW3

htc chacha is better or htc wildfire s??

• 2012-03-17 18:36
  • ITWG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-03-15 17:05 from YTd8 - click to readHey u Didnt read the feature properly dam!!!!

• 2012-03-17 17:37
  • K6jF

its good

• 2012-03-17 10:02
  • nEML

Chacha is a sleek n nice cell phone bt the problem is with the battery life line. As well as it being heated when charging and also used for a long time. Htc guess chacha 2 will be better. Thanks and kind regards.

• 2012-03-17 07:25
  • N7AQ

any body confirmed me that skype calls works fine with clear audio & video on htc chacha , i m going to buy this phone in 2 days but if the voice breaks in skype call like htc wildfire & other low end phones i can change my mind , plz users give ur feedback regarding skype calls

• 2012-03-16 20:17
  • uWW1

why does this phone get so hot when charging or used for a period of time?

• 2012-03-16 15:35
  • N9Ny

plz anybody tell me it has fm radio or not...???

• 2012-03-15 17:05
  • YTd8

Any Android phone's battery will drain easily and phone getting hot is not the issue with only HTC ChaCha, it happens almost on every phone that uses Android. Developers have to work a lot on Android and hopefully version 4 onwards you may not face this problem. Kill tasks that you do not require and half of the problem is solved.

Else, just go for a nokia or blackberry series simple phone. Android always EATS - HOGS battery like anything. Got it?

• 2012-03-15 14:06
  • wMHH

> In reply to Kingy D Great @ 2012-03-02 15:24 from uSP@ - click to readS- Search + S is the default shortcut to search message.
G - Search + G is the default shortcut to access gmail.
Perhaps, you are accidentally pressing the search button? Just check the quick launch (settings > applications > quick launch), and try disabling them.
Also, you can try factory resetting the phone.

• 2012-03-15 12:34
  • w49R

> In reply to Wind @ 2012-03-13 20:11 from p@BC - click to readBut when i check for software update, it says currently no update available. I am stuck up with 2.3.3. I called up HTC service centre, and they are saying the same thing. Currently no updates. Is there any way to update the software without doing OTA?

• 2012-03-15 12:30
  • w49R

> In reply to manibaig @ 2012-03-02 15:22 from KIYx - click to readnot completely....full flash works only on 1 ghz+ processor phones and this one is only 800 mhz

• 2012-03-15 12:23
  • uttW
Total of 2185 user reviews and opinions for HTC ChaCha.