HTC ChaCha - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.6
7.2
6.8

A have a problem with my ChaCha. For some time now it has started to run very badly, I can't listen to music because it start to work slowly. When unlocking it, the same thing happens. Any idea what might be happening and what I could do to make it work like before?!

I would be really grateful..

• 2012-03-26 15:20
  • 0Cax

dear all users,
please i am planning to by this cell phone,but i see that there is battery issue,so they wrote that abt 3g 7 hrs talk time,is it true?if yes please tell me,coz my other nokia cell phone has 7 hrs talk time but i can spend my day easily..

• 2012-03-26 14:08
  • uWxU

Dear friends on reading various reviews Android OS is entirely suitable for the touch operations when physical keyboard is used battery problem precedes over there. eg Samsung galaxy pro!

• 2012-03-26 14:02
  • uumy

battery suckzzz.... but features of d phone r awhsum!!!

• 2012-03-25 16:11
  • rJxT

> In reply to Zahir @ 2012-03-24 15:49 from vQ13 - click to readHTC Chacha battery issue.
I found this on google forum please let us know if it helped.
it has alreadt helped one user.

Solution for HTC CHAHCA android 2.3.3.

Dear all,
My GF's phone had the same problem. I've been reading this thread and tried all of the proposed solutions (Blue-tooth on, Fast Reboot(99cent), sense options off, even did a Factory reset) but none worked. Somewhere, I can't recall where, I found an other work-around, and it looks like it works for us.
Since all other solutions didn't work for us, I'm not sure this one will for everybody.
Here it is:

- Download the App "Proximity Screen Off" (by Shailesh Soliwal).
- open it(see note below) and select the box for "Enable Device Admin" (give permission).
- "Disable in Landscape" selected.
- "Enable during call only" NOT selected.
- Both "Cover..." boxes are NOT selected.
- "Disable Accidental Lock MUST be selected.
- For "Timeout", we have 1 second.
- Press the "back" button on the phone.
- Chose "Start Service".

Running 2 days now and battery usage is back to normal.
Good luck, hope it helps you all. If so, let Google know.
Hopefully with the next update it's solved.

Note: The app also comes with a nice "ScreenOff" shortcut you can place on the desktop. Not to be mistaken with the "ProximityScreenOff" app itself when opening :)

I'm keeping my fingers cross that this works till Google fixes this bug.:(

here's d link 2 d application..

• 2012-03-24 18:29
  • PAtb

Brothers, I wanna buy ChaCha but seeing these reviews i got that its battery backup is bad.I am not that much heavy user so i cant figure it out that how it will perform for me. Would u plz tell me if my use is like below how would be the performance?how many days the charge will go?

1. 1.5 hrs calling over 2g
2. 1hr mins browsing over 2g
3. 1hr songs

• 2012-03-24 15:49
  • vQ13

> In reply to roland @ 2012-03-22 08:09 from UD%x - click to readBro use any simple file explorer to fix your problem
you can download
es file explorer
from andriod market

• 2012-03-23 09:14
  • 6Q42

> In reply to parvez @ 2012-03-15 11:13 from 7qF1 - click to readpls help hw do i do it

• 2012-03-22 08:57
  • NanK

Id been using this for a month and its a great phone. I wud like to ask how to save camera shots diretcly to sd card as a default? So no need for me to transfer. Pls help me guys as i cannot find in the settings.
Tq roland

• 2012-03-22 08:09
  • UD%x

HTC Chacha is a great phone. Its been 6mos since I bought one. QWERTY keypad + touchscreen is the best. I had a full touchscreen phone once but its so hard to create a txt or email. Easy with HTC Chacha. I know that battery life is so short. My resolution, I bring my USB cord everyday. I charge at home or at work. If you love applications that require a full touchscreen phone, this is not the phone for you. Only apps I use are facebook, twitter, Market, Gmail, antivirus, color flashlight, photoshake apps2sd, equalizer, angry birds. BUt im more on txt messaging and calling. If there's another HTC Chacha type phone avail here, I'll definitely buy one.

• 2012-03-22 02:31
  • vaNH

HTC Chacha battery issue.
I found this on google forum please let us know if it helped.
it has alreadt helped one user.

Solution for HTC CHAHCA android 2.3.3.

Dear all,
Here it is:

- Download the App "Proximity Screen Off" (by Shailesh Soliwal).
- "Disable in Landscape" selected.
- "Enable during call only" NOT selected.
- Both "Cover..." boxes are NOT selected.
- "Disable Accidental Lock MUST be selected.
- For "Timeout", we have 1 second.
- Press the "back" button on the phone.
- Chose "Start Service".

Running 2 days now and battery usage is back to normal.
Good luck, hope it helps you all. If so, let Google know.
Hopefully with the next update it's solved.

I'm keeping my fingers cross that this works till Google fixes this bug.:(

here's d link 2 d application..

• 2012-03-21 19:05
  • Py%Q

> In reply to Kingy D Great @ 2012-03-02 15:24 from uSP@ - click to readdoes it support facebook timeline or not?

• 2012-03-21 09:53
  • m41s

> In reply to dany @ 2012-03-17 18:36 from ITWG - click to readif u r heavy texter chacha is best for u.

• 2012-03-20 13:39
  • pX7H

> In reply to art @ 2012-03-15 06:27 from vGQA - click to readI faced the same issue, but a simple restart solved the same :-)

• 2012-03-20 09:01
  • tUcQ

> In reply to Ali @ 2012-03-16 20:17 from uWW1 - click to readYes, I am facing the same problem ,Voice break is a major problem in skype. You can't get the clear over 3G & wifi (Tested on Both). So don't buy it.

• 2012-03-19 21:18
  • nC2K

> In reply to Ali @ 2012-03-16 20:17 from uWW1 - click to readSkype doesn't support video on the HTC chacha, however the voice clarity is pretty decent on 3G.

• 2012-03-19 03:19
  • uFw0

Chacha is a good phone in many ways ..but

The internal storage of chacha is included the sd card , which mean even i move all my download apps to sd card , it still influence to my internal storage...512 is not enough for user that love to download many apps ... no matter how large is your sd card .. when your internal storage lower than 20mb.. sync stop ..... and you probably cant download anymore apps..

• 2012-03-18 04:25
  • IVW3

htc chacha is better or htc wildfire s??

• 2012-03-17 18:36
  • ITWG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-03-15 17:05 from YTd8 - click to readHey u Didnt read the feature properly dam!!!!

• 2012-03-17 17:37
  • K6jF

its good

• 2012-03-17 10:02
  • nEML
Total of 2193 user reviews and opinions for HTC ChaCha.