HTC ChaCha - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.6
7.2
6.8

Dear friends .. Pls advice me .. shall i go for Black Berry 9780 or shall i go for HTC chacha ? pls help me .

• 2011-09-23 23:30
  • d$LR

> In reply to Sasaki @ 2011-08-28 06:01 from K7eu - click to readIs needed data connection to use the GPS or can be used a a normal gps device?
Many thanks

• 2011-09-23 15:43
  • mtc}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-16 21:23 from tCQ% - click to readInternal memory is very bad! I have only downloaded Twitter and memory is full as I have 3 email addresses on there which take up a lot of space. BlackBerry far better than ChaCha!

• 2011-09-23 11:45
  • 35WR

Very poor phone for business, poor battery life and not enough memory to accomodate 3 email addresses. Has far to many apps pre installed taking up memory that most people wont use. I am going back to my BlackBerry 8520!

• 2011-09-23 11:41
  • 35WR

Battery Problem? Please read the following:

HTC was contacted about the poor battery life and they advice the following:

''To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly:
1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more
2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour
3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

After reading the above advice i did exactly and the result was fantastic.

I disconnected my phone from charger at 08:40am yesterday and i did the following:
1. Calls about half an hour
2. Connected to WIFI and download some games and application about 10 of them.
3. About 10 sms and browsing the internet through mobile network with EDGE network about half an hour.

It's now 07:10pm the following day and i still have 36%. Please take consideration on the following settings of my phone:
1. I installed Juice defender for improving Battery performance as it is disabling gprs conn. Wireless and all synchronization i did put the shortcut in my home screen mobile network and wireless so that i enable it manually any time.
2. I did disable quite ring on pick up pocket mode and flip for speaker setting - sound and enable USB debugging setting - Application - Development
3. I did install Opera Mobile browser and it's fantastic.
3. I did disable my facebook account through my facebook - settings - privacy and remove HTC Chacha

Hope it helps you alot concerning the battery life as it did to me.

Source: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=112221­7&page=3

• 2011-09-22 18:28
  • ftPf

the battery is pathetic, rest da fone is ok

• 2011-09-21 13:57
  • KIxW

I own this device alongside with Samsung Galaxy S. There is no comparison between them as they are simple two different things.
Here is what I can tell you:
i didn't bought it for the facebook stuff
excelent screen (though could'v been replace with a 3 incher without changing device size)
the battery lasts for 14 - 23 h (medium usage)
great looks and build quality
excelent keybord
loudspeaker is not quite loud

If had to choose again, i woul still pick this one.

• 2011-09-21 08:29
  • pk$c

> In reply to Rhon @ 2011-09-19 11:44 from 9KKH - click to readYes it is

• 2011-09-20 05:47
  • tCQ%

Is the screen multitouch?

• 2011-09-19 11:44
  • 9KKH

I guess it's better to go with the HTC ChaCha

take my advice mate, you're losing nothing

• 2011-09-19 11:22
  • ScUd

> In reply to chacha @ 2011-09-11 14:26 from KAa6 - click to readYes dude multi tasking is possible and running smoothly

• 2011-09-19 10:34
  • ftPd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-15 21:02 from fs@S - click to readYes dude, i have installed it and it's working perfect like Black Berry Messenger......

• 2011-09-19 10:30
  • ftPd

> In reply to mtaf @ 2011-09-19 08:03 from bJfe - click to readundoubtedly htc chacha..... its an amazing cellphone...

• 2011-09-19 08:49
  • ttch

can someone help me, which mobile I shoud go for, Nokia E6 or HTC chacha

• 2011-09-19 08:03
  • bJfe

> In reply to Kashif @ 2011-09-17 20:12 from uWG9 - click to readWow thanks sir. Did you root your phone?
By the way, what battery life are you getting and how do you use your phone? Is your internet always running in the background?

Thanks

• 2011-09-18 07:43
  • tCQ%

very good handset.. miss my chacha..

• 2011-09-18 01:33
  • v0qT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-16 21:23 from tCQ% - click to readshift your all app to memory card.... it will help your phone memory and battery life too

• 2011-09-17 20:12
  • uWG9

For others, how has the low internal memory affected you? Did it bother you guys everyday?

• 2011-09-16 21:23
  • tCQ%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-15 21:02 from fs@S - click to readIt's an andriod cellphone so yeah.

• 2011-09-16 20:54
  • n%nF

The internal memory is pathetic, and you can't transfer the bloatware onto the SD card or even uninstall it. Only 140MB odd is available for downloaded applications and email cache etc., which mars this otherwise excellent phone. That and the pathetic battery.

If you don't mind carrying a charger or a USB cable around, and don't install large apps or download heavy attachments, this phone is a very good Blackberry replacement.

HTC could've made it better by including a full Quickoffice like Nokia does for some of the business phones.

• 2011-09-16 14:45
  • vwhU
Total of 2137 user reviews and opinions for HTC ChaCha.