HTC Desire - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4

Great phone! I dropped one in the pool, and bought another one just because I liked it so much. I smashed the second one, and when I tried the first it worked, even though it was in the pool!

Lots of great support from the modding community. The biggest drawback is its low internal memory which can easily be fixed with a custom rom and a2sd. I had an AOKP rom with 4.2.3 running perfectly.

Unfortunately, I left it on the roof of my car, and it's gone now :( I'm actually considering buying another one, but will likely upgrade to something a little newer and with a bigger screen.

• 2014-01-11 15:20
  • NBkb

when am putting on the phone and it reaches the stage where the background is all white and there is htc-quietly brilliant it doesnt proceed again and that stage keeps repeating itself. Pls Why?

• 2014-01-10 01:58
  • fuvx

Dear sir,
I am using HTC Desire handset. But it is not supporting to imobile bank application. why, reason

• 2014-01-09 08:47
  • PRPh

> In reply to RAVI @ 2014-01-04 16:25 from 2S%Q - click to readRoot it and install a custom firmware. I am curently using MildWild os, you can find all the details about this on xda-developers.
With my new os, the phone is blazing fast and I made a 2gb partition for a2sd and now have 2gb internal memory for all my apps.
It's an outdated phone so dont ask it to perform as a new phone.
Just try to make it better yourself or just get a new phone.

• 2014-01-08 12:09
  • Mf5A

From the time I purchased the phone, I haven't able to see any software update for this phone model Desire V.
In addition, phone is repeated hanging & take too much Time to switch out of application. In this regard, I have submitted to company; but the problem is persistent.

• 2014-01-04 16:25
  • 2S%Q

Dear Sir,

I have too much problem with handset Desire V.

Handset perform slowly is the usual problem.

In addition, now, I am facing new problem about internet access.
Moreover, while accessing the internet on one SIM other SIM is remaining inactive.
And the message is displayed like no SIM in slot and internet access is automatically get disconnected.
Handset show the message like service is not available. However the network from service provider is available and it was confirmed by service provider and cross verified with other handset.
It took so much time to return back to main menu.

As I have handled and experienced, previously phone was well about the internet access.

Shall I say this handset is faulty and freak?

This time this won't be the request to solve the problem.

• 2014-01-04 16:22
  • 2S%Q

I have that phone is very good no lags when i play games and camera is perfect clips on youtube are always in HD.

• 2013-12-30 19:10
  • akKB

What can I do if battery is very low after 24h

• 2013-12-25 20:23
  • 3pw4

> In reply to ... @ 2013-12-15 19:23 from mD6Y - click to readdont worry try sony xperia zl

• 2013-12-20 14:19
  • X0{G

It/s a pretty good phone,i enjoyed it very much!

• 2013-12-18 16:05
  • spYD

my phone freezes i need help

• 2013-12-16 17:41
  • NXUx

> In reply to jedi @ 2013-12-08 07:42 from n5PH - click to readi tried some roms on my htc desire but after some days i got a lot of problems like the wifi didnt work bluetooth i didnt got any messages etc.in my opinion puting new roms to old phones is nice but they will not work properly because the rom is just not meant for old phones and you will have to reboot the phone to get it to the previos rom or through it away.

• 2013-12-15 19:23
  • mD6Y

This is great phone, great quality.
I own him 3 years.

• 2013-12-12 14:29
  • 3WJK

> In reply to jedi @ 2013-12-08 07:42 from n5PH - click to readHi buddy how do i upgrade to this Supernova you talking about this phone gets full quickly

• 2013-12-12 09:20
  • GtEc

> In reply to jedi @ 2013-12-08 07:42 from n5PH - click to readHow do you upgrade to supernova?

• 2013-12-12 00:06
  • I4yh

This is still a great phone I still use it today......

Upgrade the Rom to supernova where you have unlimited space to install apps......365 apps installed and counting......

It's breaths new life into an old phone

• 2013-12-08 07:42
  • n5PH

Everyone posting has to remember this. The HTC Desire is almost 4 years old now. It was fantastic when it was first released and had the absolute latest android at the time. Of course 4 years later phones are better. This is still a good phone for a 4 year old phone. Just don't expect it to act like a new phone.

• 2013-12-02 08:50
  • 2GtF

> In reply to rdaved @ 2013-11-18 13:21 from mX@7 - click to readGreetings from kosovo.about the phone,Yeah maybe you're right but it's a bad phone anyway,and yes do that before you buy a new one i would prefere you an apple or Samsung new phone all others sucks.

• 2013-11-19 14:57
  • gCiF

In its day this was a great phone. The camera was never wonderful, but its a phone. Providing the weaknesses in the camera didn't dissuade you this was a great phone to own and use.

Sadly, the increasing size of apps mean that the phone now struggles to cope. So I find that the "low space" message is frequently if not constantly displayed. So I have to clean out the cache and reinstall apps on a daily or weekly basis. I think the main cause of the weakness is the limited internal memory. So when I upgrade to a new phone I'll be making doubly sure it has plenty of internal memory available.

• 2013-11-18 13:21
  • mX@7
Total of 6140 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire.