HTC Desire - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5

> In reply to mac @ 2010-04-01 23:21 from s8eG - click to readIt does have bluetooth file transfer, got mine yesterday and it is absolutely brilliant.

• 2010-04-03 09:01
  • srG6

> In reply to andreas @ 2010-04-03 00:02 from SjtR - click to readi've just bought my milestone.
So, the most important thing is, do you have a big hand(or palm is it?) coz, this 3.7" monster wouldn't feel comfortable on small hand.
i honestly wouldn't suggest any phones that is wider than 3.5", if you wish to use it single handedly.

• 2010-04-03 08:08
  • uCkf

> In reply to andy @ 2010-04-03 00:15 from 3H1$ - click to readthanks Andy. I went into carphonewarehouse today and they would not sell me it on payasyougo had to be a contract so have not got it yet they also told me that I would have to get mms/wap settings from 02 which i cant...

• 2010-04-03 00:43
  • 3aHm

For Jane
Yeah I got mine from carphone warehouse on Orange pay as you go but because its from there its automatically unlocked I just popped my.contract sim in and everything works fine

• 2010-04-03 00:15
  • 3H1$

i am between milestone and htc desire..give me some reasons to make a choice!!

• 2010-04-03 00:02
  • SjtR

I was looking at getting the milestone but when i went into the phone shop the guy showed me the desire. now i have 2 months 2 wait, my contact finishes then :( but i really cant wait 2 get it. i was think of the iphone but everyone got it now, i like being different (thats just wot i think dont get me wrong iphones uses, my brothers got 1)

• 2010-04-02 20:40
  • 32EW

> In reply to Frans @ 2010-04-02 14:05 from pF59 - click to readOh my word, Went into a Vodafone store today with and upgrade in mind. I was seriously torn between an iPhone and and Android based device. The store guy handed me one of these and within 2 minutes i told him to out it back in the box and ring it through the till, ITS AMAZING! Feels as comfortable as the iPhone but has the goose pimple effect. I work for a major carrier in the UK and have had my fair share of phones in my time and although there is no better all round robust device that does the job than a BB, i will be picking one of these up a second device tmrw morning when its officially available. Stunning!! Pure Beauty! I dont think i have to mention about the app dev potential with this one just google it ;)

• 2010-04-02 18:30
  • TXKp

> In reply to andy @ 2010-04-02 15:03 from 3H1x - click to readHi Andy I am interested in getting the Desire and am on 02. Can you connect to the internet and use MMS alright as 02 told me they do not have the settings?

• 2010-04-02 18:29
  • 3aHm

> In reply to Frans @ 2010-04-02 14:05 from pF59 - click to readthen get your stupid iPhone: the one and only smartphone WITHOUT MULTITASKING. :p

is there any big differences compared with nexus 1?

• 2010-04-02 17:10
  • vfH7

> In reply to Frans @ 2010-04-02 14:05 from pF59 - click to readTry using it 1st, I used to slag off iphones until my 2 sons got one each. Having used win mo for around 5 years now I have to say my new Desire is the dogs bollox, it simply blasts any iphone right out the water in my opinion. Good job it does as it's on a 2 year contract lol!

• 2010-04-02 16:27
  • SpIg

i've got mine coming next week and i can't wait:)

• 2010-04-02 15:35
  • mxV6

Got mines yesterday unlocked and put my o2 sin in so far so good I had the iPhone 3gs before and this is much better battery no worse than iPhone if anything its better

• 2010-04-02 15:03
  • 3H1x

Well its an utterly ugly pice of doodoo, i've seen it in person and the battery is empty in seconds (atleast it feels like that) and, in all honesty the Android software suks... its extremely ugly compared to the iphone's apps :(

• 2010-04-02 14:05
  • pF59

what do u people exspec... its a 1ghz cpu do your charge your phone every night now? i dont see the difference i charge my phone every night regardless.
you cant exspec this phone to last 2 days in a row without a charge?

• 2010-04-02 13:44
  • 2xwp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-02 13:34 from 3WYt - click to readmine won't arrive till Wednesday due to the bank holiday, so not tested it myself.

there is a review of the music facility somewhere online

• 2010-04-02 13:37
  • 3x3E

what's the music quality like?

ordered mine yesterday so not expecting to get it till next week sometime

• 2010-04-02 13:34
  • 3WYt

Ordered mine from Voda UK yesterday.
900 mins
Unlimited texts
Mobile internet (only 500mb FUP)
Stop the Clock
Free same network or land line calls
18 month Deal

£35 a month, with an extra 4gb Micro SD card as they weren't sure what size is in the box

• 2010-04-02 11:32
  • 3x3E

I can't choose this one, or the iPhone 3GS.
An Apple is an apple you know. I think i would sell this one faster than an iPhone.

• 2010-04-02 11:24
  • SgJi

Does it really have poor battery life? If it does, then it's a deal breaker.

• 2010-04-02 03:10
  • t7K%

this is 21st century.
no bluetooth transfer.

• 2010-04-01 23:21
  • s8eG
Total of 6200 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire.