HTC Desire - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5

Just ordered mine from Vodafone and been delivered Weds!!!
Whoo Hoo!!!

• 2010-04-03 21:43
  • Sgv7

Wow great phone. Definitely going to get it once it come to singapore! anyone knows when? *.*

• 2010-04-03 19:25
  • UGm1

Now had mine 4 days. Generally all positive things to say. Android is very intuative, some useful apps freely available. Screen is great and the phone is very customisable. A pity that a noise cancelling microphone was omitted as there is some background hiss. If anyone knows of any remedy, perhaps software based, this would be REALLY useful to know about, as it is the biggest downer I find at the moment. Battery life could do with enhancing as well, so that you have the confidence it will get you through the day.

• 2010-04-03 17:34
  • nGyy

> In reply to snake @ 2010-04-03 15:10 from fuEr - click to readbattary good easily gets through 24 hours. audio not bad to behonest just make sure you use your own headphones. the ones in the box are rubbish.

but all in all a very strong phone

• 2010-04-03 16:25
  • M3s@

hope to see the review soon on gsmarena..
is the audio quality great?

• 2010-04-03 16:09
  • uE5%

I wanted to get the HD2 but this one seems better.Can any desire user tell me about the battery life ,audio quality ,screen responsiveness and speed.

• 2010-04-03 15:10
  • fuEr

have just traded in my iphone 3gs for this desire and was best idea i have ever had. phone is more polished than iphone and gives more freedom to have the phone how you want rather than how apple say you must. flash on the website is fantastic and a great feature when browsing the internet. if apple would just sort this out maybe i wouldnt have left.

• 2010-04-03 14:26
  • M3s@

> In reply to Jayne @ 2010-04-03 00:43 from 3aHm - click to readThat's strange saying that I thought it was only available on contract atm but the salesman did say he was just back of holiday so maybe he mis sold it to me, re: mms herring etc. Maybe cos I put my o2 contract sim in the settings are saved to sim

• 2010-04-03 10:49
  • 3H1$

> In reply to Jayne @ 2010-04-03 00:43 from 3aHm - click to readJayne, there's no official settings for the Desire on networks for MMS and web yet, you'll have to get them to send you settings for a similar phone. E.G The HTC Hero. Worked for me :)

• 2010-04-03 10:45
  • MUH9

> In reply to mac @ 2010-04-01 23:21 from s8eG - click to readIt does have bluetooth file transfer, got mine yesterday and it is absolutely brilliant.

• 2010-04-03 09:01
  • srG6

> In reply to andreas @ 2010-04-03 00:02 from SjtR - click to readi've just bought my milestone.
So, the most important thing is, do you have a big hand(or palm is it?) coz, this 3.7" monster wouldn't feel comfortable on small hand.
i honestly wouldn't suggest any phones that is wider than 3.5", if you wish to use it single handedly.

• 2010-04-03 08:08
  • uCkf

> In reply to andy @ 2010-04-03 00:15 from 3H1$ - click to readthanks Andy. I went into carphonewarehouse today and they would not sell me it on payasyougo had to be a contract so have not got it yet they also told me that I would have to get mms/wap settings from 02 which i cant...

• 2010-04-03 00:43
  • 3aHm

For Jane
Yeah I got mine from carphone warehouse on Orange pay as you go but because its from there its automatically unlocked I just popped my.contract sim in and everything works fine

• 2010-04-03 00:15
  • 3H1$

i am between milestone and htc desire..give me some reasons to make a choice!!

• 2010-04-03 00:02
  • SjtR

I was looking at getting the milestone but when i went into the phone shop the guy showed me the desire. now i have 2 months 2 wait, my contact finishes then :( but i really cant wait 2 get it. i was think of the iphone but everyone got it now, i like being different (thats just wot i think dont get me wrong iphones uses, my brothers got 1)

• 2010-04-02 20:40
  • 32EW

> In reply to Frans @ 2010-04-02 14:05 from pF59 - click to readOh my word, Went into a Vodafone store today with and upgrade in mind. I was seriously torn between an iPhone and and Android based device. The store guy handed me one of these and within 2 minutes i told him to out it back in the box and ring it through the till, ITS AMAZING! Feels as comfortable as the iPhone but has the goose pimple effect. I work for a major carrier in the UK and have had my fair share of phones in my time and although there is no better all round robust device that does the job than a BB, i will be picking one of these up a second device tmrw morning when its officially available. Stunning!! Pure Beauty! I dont think i have to mention about the app dev potential with this one just google it ;)

• 2010-04-02 18:30
  • TXKp

> In reply to andy @ 2010-04-02 15:03 from 3H1x - click to readHi Andy I am interested in getting the Desire and am on 02. Can you connect to the internet and use MMS alright as 02 told me they do not have the settings?

• 2010-04-02 18:29
  • 3aHm

> In reply to Frans @ 2010-04-02 14:05 from pF59 - click to readthen get your stupid iPhone: the one and only smartphone WITHOUT MULTITASKING. :p

is there any big differences compared with nexus 1?

• 2010-04-02 17:10
  • vfH7

> In reply to Frans @ 2010-04-02 14:05 from pF59 - click to readTry using it 1st, I used to slag off iphones until my 2 sons got one each. Having used win mo for around 5 years now I have to say my new Desire is the dogs bollox, it simply blasts any iphone right out the water in my opinion. Good job it does as it's on a 2 year contract lol!

• 2010-04-02 16:27
  • SpIg

i've got mine coming next week and i can't wait:)

• 2010-04-02 15:35
  • mxV6
Total of 6209 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire.