HTC Desire - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5

> In reply to hamid @ 2010-03-04 10:05 from prmh - click to readYes x10 is better in lagging, I agree

• 2010-03-05 09:47
  • 3ics

> In reply to Jameel @ 2010-03-03 12:38 from n{MP - click to readjameel
to be very honest i dnt agree with you about the iphone being all that great. yes obviously i agree about the apps. but in terms of every thing else including the amazing interface of the htc sense, htc is way ahead.. one of the main reasons that ppl still prefer the iphone is cause halpf the ppl dnt believe that htc can have a phone greater than the IPHONE... infact everyone thinks that iphone is THE best without completely understanding the phones complete all round performance!!
i know ppl hu hav had iphones and have had the 3gs for a week to review but didnt find it close to htc! (that is comparing it to the hero!!!)

• 2010-03-05 09:13
  • vG1c

> In reply to hamid @ 2010-03-04 10:05 from prmh - click to readMaybe his talking about the price.. (more expensive ^_^)

This phone is just the perfect android devise for me..

• 2010-03-05 03:20
  • vxtq

> In reply to hamid @ 2010-03-04 10:05 from prmh - click to readI like but not at least like to include the Stereo FM radio with RDS on Desire and Dvix on Desire not X10 have.

• 2010-03-04 21:09
  • 2Ext

> In reply to hamid @ 2010-03-04 10:05 from prmh - click to readGo Read the Spec and tell me why X10 is better. The HTC Desire by far better than Xperia X10 starting with OS Android 2.1 Vs. X10 of Android 1.6 and so on.

• 2010-03-04 21:06
  • 2Ext

> In reply to mustafa @ 2010-03-04 02:02 from 3bMX - click to read.pdf yes.
Not sure about the .docx but the phone runs Android and you can get apps for Android which will open/edit docx :)

• 2010-03-04 21:06
  • mxjS

x10 is better

• 2010-03-04 10:05
  • prmh

> In reply to Spawner @ 2010-03-03 17:14 from vxtq - click to readI share your opinion 100%. I also have a 3G and after seeing video's of the desire in action I can't wait to buy it. (well after my contract is over)

• 2010-03-04 09:52
  • mGF2

anyone any idea if this phone support .docx & .pdf

• 2010-03-04 02:02
  • 3bMX

> In reply to Jameel @ 2010-03-03 12:38 from n{MP - click to readThis made absolutly no sense. WTF give extra points to iphone at the bottom? Haha and all of the actual usefull apps can be found in both app stores. The iphone has alot extra apps and games that shouldnt really count. I dont see what the point of your review was because it seems very biased towards the iphone to me.

• 2010-03-03 22:59
  • j8LN

It is another phone that "imperative you need a extra battery" even a car battery to keep at least one days! As battery technology and the "HTC" not "it's worthless".

• 2010-03-03 22:09
  • ntPF

> In reply to Jameel @ 2010-03-03 12:38 from n{MP - click to readThat is the weirdest comparison I've ever seen.
Like you aimed for that one point advantage for iphone.
Overall, your scoring system lacks systematicity and therefore it has not sense (not htc sense) whatsoever.

How can one even compare iphone which is closer to dummy experience as opposed to htc smartphone, due to customization inability (we are talking about iphone out of store, not jailbrakeing for which apple is so eager to sabotage. Also, everything besides number and diversity of applications is a step or two ahead of 3gs but bear in mind that many apps that improve iphone's limitations, with desire come out of box so there is no need for users to download it afterwards. Also, vast amount of apps in appstore are games and meaningless content whose importance is subjective (for me, obviously, useless). I won't go any further with this but i wanna emphasize desire offers so much more out of box and user experience is so much more advanced than iphone's. Of course, some will be happy with their limited and (too) simple iphones and the rest of us want way more from a phone. That's all it is.

• 2010-03-03 21:44
  • ptD4

100% i would choose this desire over Iphone...
I have an iphone 3g not 3gs... (whats the difference at all)
And i regret it.. i compare it to the ipod touch 2nd gen of my friend
And it can do almost what my iphone can do...

I wish I've just bought an ipod touch. i could have save more money...

now im just using my iphone as my portable gaming console at the same time media player....

• 2010-03-03 17:14
  • vxtq

> In reply to Jameel @ 2010-03-03 12:38 from n{MP - click to readJameel very well said. I feel 100% same you owning both phone. But I like to say like you said the Internet connectivity is much faster with Nexus than Iphone. I love it.

But if I am allowed to owen only one phone the nI would choose still Iphone.

• 2010-03-03 12:59
  • 2Ext

I just want to post my opinion with no side taking therefore I’ll shortly compare this phone with the new iphone “ 3GS”

Obviously phone market has two dominate and competitors (Apple & HTC) as other manufacturers fail to satisfy user’s greed for perfection.

Apple & HTC will defiantly continue their battle which is good for us as users more competing means more user benefit..
Mighty iphone still sitting on the throne, but there is a good shake form HTC, will they do it and take over?!! Still to know

Let me go back to my comparison;
- Wight & size: same weight and negligible size diff, except Desire has larger screen (1 point for Desire)
- Shape: Desire is a lot prettier that iphone (1 point)
- Input methods: no difference both are great
- Storage: capacity is not issue but desire has microSD which is good, iphone users are facing files backup problem in case of changing OS.. (1 point for desire)
- Connectivity: there is nothing to compare any mobile has WIFI, GPRS, EDGE, and Bluetooth
- Radio: another point for the Desire ( 4 till now)
- Camera: any one can till that iphone is way back with its camera, Desire 5 MP, with much features (3 points Desire)..
- Video: both have good video play back & recording & neither has 2nd video call camera. HTC you nexus has it why not this one?!!!
- Audio: I know Desire has Dolby but no question that I phone has a great audio quality.
- Maps: both are good with Digital compass
- Internet: this is a good one, Safari was I’ll will remain one of the most fastest internet browser, but recently HTC nexus was able to beat iphone, I know that till now no phone can pup up and load any internet page faster than 3GS iphone, but once page is loaded on nexus user can navigate through it a lot faster than the iphone, you may refer to www.engadget.com nexus review, since Desire has larger RAM , it might completely crash the 3GS (1 point HTC) “still 2 know”
I think it is the time for iphone hit back;
- Battery life: no Desire you cant hold 3GS if it working on 2G network,,, ( 1 point iphone)
- OS: Android OS developers are still blathering about how to comes with new version to be launch to users without buying a new phone, iphone OS is rapidly changes.. (3 points iphone) it indeed deserve it.. , waiting WM series 7 with hope
- Applications: this is painful HTC, iphone 3rd party applications can be found any where with vast variety, need a any application?! just search for it , and you have it no need to wait even for 1 day, ( huge 5 points for iphone), Android and 3rd party developers, you need to work on this one if you want to compete…

Result: overall iphone is still ahead with 1 point,,, but nice approach HTC,WM series 7 will help you a lot in your next round..

At the end not HTC nor Apple decides which product is butter, it us, user, and dear readers piece of advice if you are looking for a phone please know it’s feature and future wise use. If you are looking for a good looking with nice features phone Desire is the choice, but if you are looking for plenty of applications that serve your need defiantly iphone is the choice,,,

Personally I like both phones, and both deserve to have..

My best regards;
JAMEEL

• 2010-03-03 12:38
  • n{MP

> In reply to new HTC admire. @ 2010-03-03 09:19 from 2Irq - click to readThis Law Sue can go for sometimes before possible Apple Stop HTC from shipping if they have good ground to stand on. I owen both phone Iphone and Nexus and they are some similar ideas but for me they really different in use. I like both.

I owen 3 phone Blackberry 9700, Iphone and Nexus one. I like them all 3 phone.

• 2010-03-03 12:12
  • 2Ext

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-03-02 23:11 from 2x5f - click to readdoes this proves that htc is capable of beating the iphone, though the applications are copied?

i won't mind non-original apps, cos i look for design, overall features for a handset. who cares who copied who.

guess apple really scare the upcoming handsets from htc will affect its iphone sales. lol....

• 2010-03-03 09:19
  • 2Irq

Hi,

Can someone tell me if this model will be replacing the "HTC Magic" ?

Thanks

• 2010-03-03 01:20
  • 4Bbb

How is the Dolby Mobile in thin phone..?
No one showed this in the MWC 2010...
:S

• 2010-03-02 23:32
  • myBe
Total of 6177 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire.