I am using this phone from Nov 2014. The phone is really good. Except for battery backup after 6 months. From couple of months my battery is being consumed at a good speed. Just by staying on Facebook for 10 minutes, almost 7% of battery is down.
Except for the above mentioned issue, phone works great. You can sense heat after continuous usage of 10 minutes while gaming, but no issue with the performance.
My rating: 3 / 5. :)
Forgot to add that i own a HTC 820 DUAL SIM (NOT 820Q) and with even a moderate to heavy multitasking usage my RAM consumption almost never crosses 65% which aids me in smooth operation of this phablet.
Remember nothing is perfect and ideal so is this midranger from Htc.
By seeing the reviews i feel many of the gentlemen/ladies are deprived of the more technical aspects of HTC 820..
1) Having 8 cores doesn't mean that all the 8 cores are working together. The higher core i.e 4 cores of 1500mhz will work for higher specs apllications where as the lower core i.e 4 cores of 1000mhz will work for normal usage like net surfing , normal usage etc.
2) Htc UI is far better than any other UI of different manufacturers like samsung or sony etc except moto and nexus.
3) The bloatwares doesn't eat up memory.
4) Behind lag free running HTC phones over their counterparts is the reason that it instantly compresses the running applications so that more of the RAM is free for smooth operation. ( CONSIDER RAM AS TABLE ON WHICH YOU CAN SPREAD YOUR TOOLS TO WORK ON i.e APPS, MORE OF THE FREE PORTION OF TABLE OR RAM MORE SPACE FOR BETTER RUNNING OF APPS)
5) Battery is a definite problem but again tell me a smartphone which crosses 18 to 20 hrs with usage of net and games without demanding for charge.
6) Heating is due to compactness of IC'S in a small space ( due to octacore). The heat dessipiation depends upon cooling spaces provided between IC. ( A good example is a comparison between intel and amd processors, where intel technology advancing with generations of gen 4 to gen 5 with more and more slim devices like ultabook, the heating problem has increased where as Amd platform has always provided a sufficient cooling space of circuits), but again practical aspects dictates even with these problems intel processors have a much higher selling figures then AMD.
is it overheating when play online games fr 3.4 hrs and hw was d btry backup plz tel me.
dr doo little, 30 Jul 2015Htc desire 820 vs htc desire eye.. Fast answers plsLet your budget decide both are good phones.
Skmr, 14 Jul 2015desire 820 or desire 816 g+ . Which one is good?? Pls helpHtc 820 is best of all, its a good phone.
I'm using this phone from 7 months it has three major faults 1. Poor battery backup 2. Too much heat 3. Back camera take more time for focus
jole304, 24 Jul 2015i need new phone pls somebody help me, this or m4 aqua pls helpThe m4 aqua is smaller and lighter (but with similar specs to d "desire 820") so its your decision, small, sleek, and light (also water proof) as in the M4 aqua or larger screen on the desire 820..
nayeem islam , 28 Jul 2015How many hours htc 820 remain charge??Depends on how much you use the battery eaters like games and WiFi reduce the screen brightness too.
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2015Is there lollipop update for HTC desire 820? And users please tell me how is the front camera?Hi there. Please follow the link to HTC's official update site, look for your phone, in this case the Desire 820, press on it, it will give you a brief resume and will confirm that it will be updated to Lollipop. Enjoy and just be patient, that's all: http://www.htc.com/uk/go/htc-s...vice-content
Rahul, 24 Jul 2015best phone ever m using this phone from last 7 months and its performance really awesomeHow many hours htc 820 remain charge??
Is there lollipop update for HTC desire 820? And users please tell me how is the front camera?
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2015you must have to go with htc 820. Awesome product at this rangrrange.plz guys help me i want to buy a phone but i don't know which phone is best plz help me. tell me htc 826 or htc 820 which is best plz tell me. friends