HTC Desire HD - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.2
7.3
7.1

Do i need memory card or is it optional.. becouse i dont have memory card i cant even take a picture

• 2014-10-19 19:58
  • Tt02

my small brother locked my phone HTC Desire HD due to "Too many pattern attemps! "my phones WIFI and mobile data both are off.
I know my google id and password and also my lock pattern but cannot recover my phone due to no internet connection and I don't want to loose my stuffs by factory reset.
Please reply if there is any way to recover my phone or just how can i connect my phone to internet so that i can login to my google account???

• 2014-10-08 08:20
  • 7wj}

thats material is just good feature!

• 2014-10-04 02:54
  • avLt

My phone has the 2g and 3g network mode and my sim card can also access the 3g cos I've use HTC g2 whicg is 4g cell phone.this HTC desire hd a9191 the 3g or 2g is not coming it only shows the "E" sign whis is Edge and it is slow in terms of browsing.every settings on the network has been done but still is not coming.when even I change the settings to WCDMA then it changes to where it was at first.and also the first time I place my sim on this cell phone the E sign came and it change to G then it again change to E and that is all it has never come again.the G sign didn't even last for 30seconds and it left so please solve it out for.this my gmail account.aningisaac4@gmail.com.hope to hear from you soon.thank you

• 2014-10-03 16:30
  • fuvG

What could be wrong wit mine?It has refused to come on & nobody seem to know what to do about it. Where can i get it fixed in Nigeria?

• 2014-10-03 12:32
  • 3sEw

My HTC desire hd a9191 I know is a 2G nd 3G cell phone but doesn't come on it only show the "E" sign which is edge.when I try to browse it run very very slow.so please solve it for me.my email accout aningisaac4@gmail.com.hope to hear from you soon.thank you

• 2014-10-03 08:50
  • fuvF

> In reply to Talha Nadeem @ 2014-09-28 18:22 from uW%6 - click to readplz he to I root it???

• 2014-09-30 10:26
  • ftKa

I'm still using mine, stock configuration, and it still works well. I think it's kind of cool people are still talking about the Desire HD in 2014.

• 2014-09-29 07:41
  • n5LI

Dont say its a bad phone (it was a flagship of 2010 not 2014) but its working perfectly tody(i m using it) super fast,steady,rock solid,best phone. it even beats todys mtk quadcores in my hand :)
perfect for me.
just use it nicely (make some tweaks) root it (install miui v5) its super fast
love it !

• 2014-09-28 18:22
  • uW%6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-23 16:42 from Xue8 - click to readWorst phone? This phone was one of the best when it was released in 2010. Why are you criticising this phone in 2014? Did you buy it this year?

• 2014-09-26 07:34
  • YPbd

People are saying negative things about the Desire HD in 2014? Are you insane? This phone was released 4 years ago and it was one of the best in 2010. If you're buying this phone in 2014, you are pathetic!

• 2014-09-26 07:32
  • YPbd

it the most most very slow phone ever built by HTC with that fack e sign it take a hole day to download

• 2014-09-25 05:06
  • fsTx

its the worst phone of HTC released till yet....its totally failure with its battery backup!

• 2014-09-23 16:42
  • Xue8

its internal memory is very low,,very bad htc

• 2014-09-21 10:50
  • KIBf

This phone is totally whack when it comes to network access...always with the E sign above and takes decades to load a facebook page when using isp

• 2014-09-18 23:16
  • fsT5

I've owned this phone for 4 and a bit years. The first two years - great. Best thing I could have asked for. Moving from a flip phone to a smart phone was a welcomed change. I fell in love with my HTC Desire HD. The past two and a bit years however, a nightmare. I've swapped batteries countless times (as you would expect over these amount of years). Phone will randomly reset itself. It doesn't charge about 50% of the time. Can't charge whilst on (will display "your phone is using more battery than is being charged. Please close some applications" despite no applications being open). Full battery lasts 30 minutes screen time - max. That's with WiFi and 3G off and no applications open. You want to text or use an app or *do I dare say* use the internet, this thing is gunna die on you in less than 10 minutes. And that's from a full battery. When using the internet, the phone will turn itself off and upon reboot a full battery will go down to "less than 3%". Have to carry around charger everywhere. This thing was basically a landline, you couldn't use it without being close to a powerpoint.

This phone WAS (key word - was) great. I loved my HTC. However, I'm one who doesn't swap a phone every 6 months, I like to keep them till they die. The last 2 years has been a nightmare watching my phone slowly die. I'm not sure if I can return to HTC in the future. I must say however - it was fun while it lasted.

• 2014-09-17 13:55
  • Ae5I

Has anyone updated the android version? Can anyone tell me what is the last android version that works on this device??? best phone in the world

• 2014-09-16 18:28
  • ajU1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-04 12:24 from J7tb - click to readWhere did you get the battery from?

• 2014-09-08 09:45
  • 6P}i

> In reply to flavour @ 2014-09-02 09:57 from NutH - click to readI myself got burned when I bought two of those "high capacity" batteries from china. They're junk.
I'm now using an Anker battery. It seems to be well made and it gets me up to 5 days of battery life, if I only use my phone for checking the time and it usually lasts long enough to survive boring night shifts with heavy usage.

I'm on randomblame's 4.4.2 TakTik rom, still.

• 2014-09-04 12:24
  • J7tb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-28 23:37 from uNVG - click to readjust download application youtube player in appstore or HD player..my htc desire hd is good in youtube

• 2014-09-04 10:21
  • t7{g
Total of 5776 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire HD.