HTC Desire HD - user opinions and reviews

9204838

7.2
7.3
7.1

This phone is totally whack when it comes to network access...always with the E sign above and takes decades to load a facebook page when using isp

• 2014-09-18 23:16
  • fsT5

I've owned this phone for 4 and a bit years. The first two years - great. Best thing I could have asked for. Moving from a flip phone to a smart phone was a welcomed change. I fell in love with my HTC Desire HD. The past two and a bit years however, a nightmare. I've swapped batteries countless times (as you would expect over these amount of years). Phone will randomly reset itself. It doesn't charge about 50% of the time. Can't charge whilst on (will display "your phone is using more battery than is being charged. Please close some applications" despite no applications being open). Full battery lasts 30 minutes screen time - max. That's with WiFi and 3G off and no applications open. You want to text or use an app or *do I dare say* use the internet, this thing is gunna die on you in less than 10 minutes. And that's from a full battery. When using the internet, the phone will turn itself off and upon reboot a full battery will go down to "less than 3%". Have to carry around charger everywhere. This thing was basically a landline, you couldn't use it without being close to a powerpoint.

This phone WAS (key word - was) great. I loved my HTC. However, I'm one who doesn't swap a phone every 6 months, I like to keep them till they die. The last 2 years has been a nightmare watching my phone slowly die. I'm not sure if I can return to HTC in the future. I must say however - it was fun while it lasted.

• 2014-09-17 13:55
  • Ae5I

Has anyone updated the android version? Can anyone tell me what is the last android version that works on this device??? best phone in the world

• 2014-09-16 18:28
  • ajU1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-04 12:24 from J7tb - click to readWhere did you get the battery from?

• 2014-09-08 09:45
  • 6P}i

> In reply to flavour @ 2014-09-02 09:57 from NutH - click to readI myself got burned when I bought two of those "high capacity" batteries from china. They're junk.
I'm now using an Anker battery. It seems to be well made and it gets me up to 5 days of battery life, if I only use my phone for checking the time and it usually lasts long enough to survive boring night shifts with heavy usage.

I'm on randomblame's 4.4.2 TakTik rom, still.

• 2014-09-04 12:24
  • J7tb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-28 23:37 from uNVG - click to readjust download application youtube player in appstore or HD player..my htc desire hd is good in youtube

• 2014-09-04 10:21
  • t7{g

> In reply to H110 @ 2014-07-15 18:52 from AJxF - click to readmy battery is not too good

• 2014-09-02 09:57
  • NutH

One in a kind.. This phone is just the best.

• 2014-08-29 12:48
  • NuQc

how can i set up e
3g Desire HD ....i watch a video im you tube
but it dose not work

• 2014-08-28 23:37
  • uNVG

My wi-fi services is not working, is always error.. Help pleasd

• 2014-08-28 22:45
  • N7Dq

> In reply to Mathour @ 2014-08-13 12:44 from uC8e - click to readi have 4.4.4 :p

• 2014-08-27 22:10
  • ttL9

have good features but not upgradeable to v4.1.

• 2014-08-13 12:44
  • uC8e

its a very nycv set eveery one should use it its all about your choice on the other way round i wopuld recommend to use this mobile phone
???

• 2014-08-04 18:00
  • KI67

this is super smar mobile...but battery consumption is very high...and even new battery life also almost 5-6 months only...so please solve this problem.......

• 2014-07-26 14:36
  • 9JJa

does this phone support class 10 memory cards??

• 2014-07-21 08:09
  • PAYs

> In reply to rahl t @ 2014-07-14 21:46 from fCxb - click to readcan any one cell me this phone about 6000

• 2014-07-19 14:37
  • 6QfD

> In reply to Meg @ 2014-05-05 17:32 from fmg1 - click to readProblem is battery. This phone consumes more battery, so I have to charge 2 time. A new battery is only last for 4 to 6 month. Try new battery. I also faced same problem.

• 2014-07-18 06:19
  • t}UD

> In reply to fusion @ 2014-07-11 19:29 from fsTy - click to readMy cousin has this phone and the battery life is terrible, it only lasts for 45 mins screen on time. 1230 Mah battery is not enough.
HTC should have put a 1600 Mah battery. You can buy one of amazon

• 2014-07-15 18:52
  • AJxF

one of d best phone for ever n ever. Ty htc

• 2014-07-14 21:46
  • fCxb

is a nice phone with very strong battery capacity...but it does not support 3G network or H+ . I am currently using one and that's what am experiencing ..but all things being equal,it is one of the bests android phones on the world market. I strongly recommend to all mobile users..

• 2014-07-11 19:29
  • fsTy
Total of 5762 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire HD.