Message sent once from my Desire HD is received several times by recipient. How do I stop this. Very embarassing
Mikee B, 26 Dec 2010Well Jeco, its a bit of a difficult question as it all depends on your total usege of the phon... moreThnx, Mike B
but what is the average time this phone usually
last on normal use?
be specific on the use.
I used the desire HD (DHD) for three days before selling it again, here is why I didnt like it:
1. Dont buy a touch screen phone with no keyboard if you use SMS,Email,and Chat. The on screen keyboard of this device is very good, but this, or iPhone or any other touch screen the writing is slower than keyboard/keypad and the keyboard took a lot of screen space when used chat applications such as MSN Droid and Gtalk.
2. Arabic support is important to me, in Froyo (Current software release of DHD)Arabaic appears disjointed and in reverse and you cant make up the words, not to mention the keyboard natively doesnt support. You can install some 3rd party software from the android market for free but they dont give you full functions and they screw up your native keyboard.
3. Once you define Wi-Fi's and enable data communication the mobile goes out of its wits to connect online whether you know why or not, and I tried fiddling with all the settings on my mobile to restrain data usage with no luck. Its not just cost, its privacy breach.
4. (Free) software you download comes with the google ad banner that takes from the screen real state and it feels you are cheated out of a space you can otherwise use for something meaningful.
5. I use email, moderate talk, and gmail and facebook. with this usage the mobile battery doesnt last past the afternoon.
6. Not much control over software behavior; applications seem to start without them prompting you to use, and you cant control which connection you authorize them to use. and I really dont know the logic behind the fact that there is no close button for the applications, you can "Kill Them" by downloading a separate program to close programs! only the problem is they pop up again without you starting!
7. The hearing speaker is placed in a dodgy why on the tip of the phone that you have to place your mobile in an awkward manner to hear the talk of the other party, and the outside speaker IS bad, both in ringing and handsfree calls.
8. The Dolby and surround SRS features are almost useless, especially with the sound being low both in the speaker and when using the miserable headphones included.
I realize a lot of the above goes as general features of android, other seem to be on touch screen phones with no-keypads. I hate my current Nokia N97 Mobile, but I had to sell my DHD and get back to it.
My next phone? still not sure, might wait for a querty keyboard Gingerbread (new android software) enabled phone (gingerbread should support arabic natively). I am intersted in windows 7, but it is still not mature platform. iPhone? no keyboard :S Blackberry? hmmm.. Email and BB messenger are good, otherwise (and without the BB service) not a great phone. but until now, its back to my stupid N97, at least i have a lot of control over its online behaviour and its a snappy messaging device
We were promised robots and flying cars for the year 2000, and then came the promise of the "Smart Phone".. all lies :S
KoKo, 27 Dec 2010Hello everyone!
Can anybody tell me the problem of this phone? I noted that the price of th... moreI don't think there's a problem with the phone just because the price dropped. All phones tend to do that once they have been in the market for a month or two.
As you know new technologies changed every 3-6 months. It's hard to cope up with the phones as newer phones comes out in the market every 6 months - that's where the prices jacked up. And it drops once it settle in and the another new phones comes out so and so forth.
Can anybody tell me the problem of this phone? I noted that the price of this phone drop dramtically here. Now it costs only 580$ comparing to the first launch 700$. What is the problem?
Ever since i started using phones Nokia,Blackberry,samsung,motorla,sony-ericson....,
this is the tremendous i've ever touched,
this is pc in hands,
it has all features that you will need,
very useful not only for calling but mainly for office use....
i readlly adore this 4ne.
Anonymous, 25 Dec 2010From what I saw, it improves overall system performance and the camera!well im blowed if i can see any difference in camera quality or overall quality of the device..
Alright, I have done some research and here is a comparative analysis-
1)Screen - Desired Hd(lcd) ,galaxy s(Amoled)-Advantage-galaxy S
2)Screensize-Desire hd (4.3"),galaxy s (4"),Advantage-Desire Hd
3)Looks -Desire hd (aluminium),Galaxy s (plastic)-Advantage -Desire HD
4)Processor -Desire HD (Snapdragon 1ghz),Galaxy s(Hummingbird 1 ghz).Though Hummingbird GPU is slightly faster yet results have shown the appz must be optmized for real results to manifest in applications. Advantage-Galaxy s(slight)
Fast smart and stunning proud to own desire hd only disappointment is battery cover and don cover
This phone is awesome, i bought my phone last week and still trying to learn how to use it. For battery life time, the seller told me to charge it for 8 hrs. while phone is on, then 1 hr. while it's off then turn it on for 5 mins. and charge it again for another hour while it's off at least for the first 5 charges. Sounds like a tale but I managed to use it for full 4 days (almost 4 hrs. of surfing the web including wifi and 3g, playing games like 2 hrs., normal phone calls, used the gps for 2 km. of walking, shooting some pictures and recording video + digging into phone to learn how to use and discover it). So battery life seems really well after first charge and use (well at least I think like that). Try the method yourself. Now charging the phone for the second time and I will post the new results when battery is dead.
help me guys to chose phone
wich one is better htc desire hd or iphone 4
Own one unit of this, one of the most overly rated phone. Too many problems especially comes to android and battery. Bought it in the 1st week, phone seems to work perfectly well and promising. Second week onwards, the phone had more problem than a broken pipe! My first android and my last
I got this phone a week ago and I love it!!
Only issues are the SIM cover which is unbelievably HORRIBLE, I have never seen a phone in my life with such a horrible cover, Battery cover is OK though and a small dot left of the HTC front logo which when turned on leaks light from the display and button backlight.