HTC Desire HD - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.2
7.3
7.1

It would have been better if it has secondary camera for video calls. If it comes with secondary camera, it will beat entire market.

• 2010-09-29 10:58
  • tU3g

> In reply to Matt @ 2010-09-29 10:51 from MAVb - click to readdon't get me wrong, I really like my iPhone 3GS but I'm just sick of Apple always saying they make the best smartphone, it has all you need, it is unbelievebly revolutionary...

I think if Steve Jobs has a titanium turtleneck. If you take it of, his huge ego will escape

again, I like the iPhone, it can do extraordinary things that other phones can also do but less smooth. It is a joy to work with, its fast, its a good music player,... but it is NOT a good smartphone, it is just an APP MONSTER

it's like Apple has redefined the word "smartphone"
I mean, my Nokia 3310 is not a smartphone, no matter how many times I say it. But if Steve Jobs says it, it must be true

• 2010-09-29 10:57
  • MAVb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-28 02:21 from Y1Z9 - click to readSo you can see, opinions are very different but the most important thing is that we all remember that it's all opinions, not facts. Saying something is good or bad has no truth if it's about tastes or peronal likings.

First of all. Why do other brands need to follow Apple? You say if other brands don't copy Apple, they make bad products? Honestly, most ridiculous statement of the year, all do respect for you mate.

I'd like to say the complete opposite. I'm using an iPhone 3GS now and I really do not need more resolution/inch. Putting their retina display in the iPhone 4 to me was a very "stupid" move. Shure, they can advertise it, make it sound like every other screen is crap because of its low resolution and frankly, they are doing a very good job jamming it into people's minds and in that way, it IS a very smart move ;-)

I am 100% shure that I (you see, I say I and not everyone in the world) will have more use of a 4.3" display with lower resolution than a 3.5 screen with a massive resolution.
Your screen stays small, your fingers stay the same size so what actually does the retina display offer more in user friendlyness? Shure your pictures will be crisper but I think my pictures are picture perfect on the 3.5" 480x320 3GS screen I am looking at right now. the text on my screen stays readable until it becomes to small to view (I say too small to view with my eyes, not to small to display on this resolution)

to sum it up:

A BRAND SHOULD MAKE THEIR PRODUCTS SO THAT THEY FILL THE NEEDS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS

APPLE MAKES A PRODUCT AND THEN SAY TO THE CUSTOMERS, "YOU NEED THIS,THIS IS THE BEST OF EVERYTHING" SO DISGUISING THEIR ACTUAL NON REVOLUTIONARY INNOVATIONS AS THE BEST INVENTION UP TO DATE (ALTHOUGH MOST OF THEIR INNOVATIONS, AREN'T REALLY INNOVATIONS)

• 2010-09-29 10:51
  • MAVb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-28 10:27 from w49b - click to readName me ONE brand which has a flagship cell phone where there is nothing missing, no matter how useless the missing function is...
At least HTC leaves out the useless features, other brands (I will name no names) leave out usefull to very essential features.

so in your eyes, every brand is a dissapointment ;-)

• 2010-09-29 10:32
  • MAVb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-28 13:28 from 3J6A - click to readIf they would make a cell phone that can make me a nice cup of coffee, now that would be THE smartphone function

• 2010-09-29 10:28
  • MAVb

> In reply to Markus @ 2010-09-28 16:26 from xL22 - click to readIn photos; poorly like every other LED flash in the world. In video it should be quite good. I remember seeing someone using the flashlight and it was really really bright (a lot better than for example my GF's Nokia C5)

remember, this is all speculation. Maybe you can find some testshots online

• 2010-09-29 10:26
  • MAVb

> In reply to KEEPER @ 2010-09-28 17:23 from 0UHQ - click to readActually I'll be happy if it makes it through the day.
By the time I go to bed, my iPhone is barely holding on (5-15% battery left) and I don't even use 3G!! only EDGE (which is more than fast enough for me)
At least my iPhone is doing better now than before the iOS 4 update, because then it was 1% battery down every minute unless I shut down all of my data connections

• 2010-09-29 10:22
  • MAVb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-28 20:07 from wujy - click to readBecause no one ever uses it...
at least I do not, and there are many more where I came from...

• 2010-09-29 10:20
  • MAVb

> In reply to billa butt @ 2010-09-29 08:39 from mxBQ - click to readCan you tell me how you know this?
First of all the screen is SLCD, which uses a lot less power than an AMOLED AND the processor is built using 45nm technology in stead of 65nm technology, making it much less battery draining. The only way to know if it lasts longer than the normal Desire we will have to wait untill the launch. RIGHT NOW IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

so if you don't know what you're talking about, shut your bloody mouth!

• 2010-09-29 10:18

the iPhone always a dissapointment and HTC Desire HD is the best Phone

• 2010-09-29 09:24
  • 2G5S

i love htc desire hd

• 2010-09-29 09:16
  • 2G5S

desire got more battery power than this and is screen is bigger too so means
htc desire hd going to be big flop due to its battery juice

• 2010-09-29 08:39
  • mxBQ

> In reply to KEEPER @ 2010-09-28 17:23 from 0UHQ - click to readIt doesn't mean that by default. The new 45nm CPU is more efficient than old ones made with the 65nm process.

• 2010-09-29 06:41
  • mWdH
  • add me psn id: baz_c
  • Rating0

pity the battery is only 1220mah, same as the Desire. this tells me htc haven't acknowledged the poor battery life of the Desire. With a bigger screen & more features, surely this can only mean the Desire HD will have worse battery life than the original Desire?

• 2010-09-29 03:12
  • mp1i

its amazing how much processing power it has it make all the other competitors seem sa if thy are not trying

• 2010-09-28 21:40
  • kaJn

how come no secondary camera for video call?

• 2010-09-28 20:07
  • wujy

its about screen ..lcd or super lcd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=related

• 2010-09-28 18:12
  • n4cs

1200 mAh Battery...That's not good,that means 1day wi-fi,photos,talking...

• 2010-09-28 17:23
  • 0UHQ

How good job does HTC's dual led flashes do?

• 2010-09-28 16:26
  • xL22

> In reply to miscof @ 2010-09-28 03:05 from vaQ1 - click to readAlso add dishwasher function and toaster function too. Then maybe it can vacuum your apartment whilst its at it.

• 2010-09-28 13:28
  • 3J6A
Total of 5813 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire HD.