HTC Desire HD - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.2
7.3
7.1

Hey you guys. it makes me laugh when i see all these comments, most of you call it a phone ? and yet it seems the most important factors are forward facing video, apps, color, and so on, it's like buying a BMW because it has a DVD player ect.

• 2010-09-24 18:54
  • pYEG

HTC i love you!!!
it's the best phone i've ever seen in my life

• 2010-09-24 18:49
  • 3PqE

DOes the desire HD have the HTC fast boot (3-4 seconds booting time)?
Or is it only HTC Desire Z?
it'll be awesome if this HD monster have fast booting too =P

• 2010-09-24 16:55
  • 2xwX

luckily I canceled the Desire order just in time lmfao. October never feel so far away.

• 2010-09-24 16:37
  • 4U@y

I agree with matt, Front camera is so useless. I had it since 2007 in my Nokia N95 and I just used it like Mirror! (funny I know)

and then I switched to iPhone (unfortunately) and I see that I really don't need it, so this is not a problem for me I will definitely Buy this phone when it will hit the market so so soon.

I was waiting for this phone since December, cuz i guessed that HTC will come up with something far better than desire which was superior too.

And now, wait for me Htc Desire HD.

• 2010-09-24 15:57
  • p@KD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-24 14:41 from fuEq - click to readNot anyone of the power smartphone users I know has ever used video calling although they all have a front facing camera
I always thought the iPhone 3G would have a front facing camera until a few years later, I bought a 3GS and I saw it didn't have it. I thought; "bummer" but now I wouldn't even pay 5USD to have it as an option on a phone because it's so utterly useless

• 2010-09-24 15:23
  • MAVb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-24 14:41 from fuEq - click to readVery doubtfull
A front facing camera is totally not essential and 80% of the people who have it, have never used it. I doubt it if anyone hasn't used the center lock on it's bmw or the cd/mp3 player in it, since those are essential items

little bit of a ridiculous comparison if you ask me

you better had said, it's like buying a 50.000 euros BMW without a rear color camera integrated, that comparison at least adds up :p

• 2010-09-24 15:17
  • MAVb

> In reply to Jonathan @ 2010-09-23 09:38 from Mfxg - click to readI don't agree..... A phone with such capabilities and price missing video call is just like buying a luxury 50,000 U.SD BMW car with a cassette instate of a dvd player.....! or like buying a BMW with with out a center lock...!

• 2010-09-24 14:41
  • fuEq

> In reply to Logez Dev @ 2010-09-23 22:22 from ib7R - click to readit's sad to tell u this but i have tried contacting the Htc for SEA and they said they still does not have info about the release of this phone in malaysia . i guess it will take a few month to reach here like all other phone

• 2010-09-24 14:25
  • tVtT

i am HTC&SE fan and i am glad to see that HTC is going forward with high quality products
maybe this phone will be my next phone

• 2010-09-24 14:18
  • njBj

> In reply to [deleted post]Some people claim that the battery life is good because of the new processor, we'll just have to wait and see when it's officially out of the market

• 2010-09-24 12:04
  • sxvT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-24 01:28 from n5md - click to readthis iFag with IP adress n5md also bashing Nokia N8 on N8 opinion section..

i think u should get a life man

• 2010-09-24 11:41
  • tDQC

> In reply to Eddie Android @ 2010-09-22 18:09 from Rbq1 - click to readThanks bud :)

• 2010-09-24 10:39
  • nCYt

theres isnt any phone that is perfect..the is such phone that is near to perfect,not more :)

• 2010-09-24 09:08
  • 2@R{

> In reply to Jonathan @ 2010-09-23 09:38 from Mfxg - click to readI will definitely buy this phone, i'm a user of HTC Touch Diamond and and recently Samsung Omnia 2 which is a great phone but i think that the HTC Desire HD will be one of the best handset avail on the market.

• 2010-09-24 09:06
  • NvH1

You can also read this article as well:

It explains why HTC Evo and Desire HD aren't the same! lol.

I remember lots of people initially made this assumption.

• 2010-09-24 07:48
  • 4tky

Pre Order http://www.mobicity.com.au/htc...k2bwodIWAH5w

• 2010-09-24 06:37
  • vuxc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-24 01:26 from n5md - click to readcan you give us the link for video recording comparison between desire hd and iphone 4?

• 2010-09-24 05:55
  • fwMN

> In reply to Engineer Man @ 2010-09-24 03:29 from n5QF - click to readnokia n8 took to much time since its announcement and still not released yet,and by the time the n9 becomes ready for release htc and another companies would have released more powerful phones than desire HD and n9.

• 2010-09-24 05:51
  • fwMN

This phone is using a Scorpion 1GHz CPU in the snapdragon chipset. It's a 45nm SOC. The only problem I have with this Second Gen QSD8X55 is it's poorer XGa Display Support at 1024x768 pixels over the First Gen QSD8x50 WXGA 1280x720 pixels.

The good news is that this Second Gen QSD8x55's GPU is high-performance GPU - up to 41M triangles/sec and 245M 3D pixels/se with dedicated 2D Open VG graphics hardware over the QSD8x50 First Gen which carried only a measly 22M triangles/sec and 133M 3D pixels/sec.

The screen is S-LCD. S-LCD with 16 million colours is very nice. Also I like the way HTC never mention the huge speaker bar across the top of the phone. Despite having no HDMI, it has a HTC connector port for non DLNA t.v's which is nice. Another downer tho is the poor Internal memory.

That's a shame though. I might wait for the Nokia N9 considering it should finally with Meego get the higher res display with 0.3" less screen estate plus amoled, maybe even dual core cpu, at least 1GHz, 64GB internal memory + external MicroSD 32Gb support.

The HTC Desire has some real innovative useful features from Htcsense.com remote control etc, & some abilitites from Android 2.2. Some ingenius ways to silence calls, detect when in bag, lower vol when you flip it up.

This phone is made out of aluminium aswell. I would like to hear HTC mention the stereo loudspeaker bar across the top lip of the phone. Is it in league with good sound in comparison to the best music phones out there esp frm Nokia.

I do like the Android UI & the HTC Sense Ui has been luring me for ages. Generous amount of Physical RAM aswell as long as loads of it is not used for the OS meaning in real terms having lot less available free ram as some of the older HTC's people lost loads of RAM prob to HTC OS, Widgets, Sens UI etc... being RAM guzzlers.

• 2010-09-24 03:29
  • n5QF
Total of 5776 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire HD.