HTC Desire HD - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.2
7.3
7.1

> In reply to JK @ 2013-11-29 18:06 from YTy5 - click to readhi guys am in love with this fone am buying it soon but does it have software for downloading music from the Web? Reply via mkyewalabye@gmail.com

• 2013-12-02 15:45
  • fuDJ

> In reply to zhyy @ 2013-11-07 04:06 from t7Xk - click to readSettings --> Language & keyboard --> Touch input --> Text input --> uncheck 'Vibrate when typing'

• 2013-11-29 18:13
  • YTy5

I have been using this phone coming to 3 years. It's still working fine *thumbs up* Even tho I have a new phone, I'm not using it cause I still prefer HTC DHD. At times, it will reboot by itself. Speaker is spoilt, there is no way I can watch YouTube unless I plug-in earpiece. Battery is really bad. The current battery is the 2nd one. Sometimes, it just low batt even tho I did not use it at all.

• 2013-11-29 18:06
  • YTy5

> In reply to cupids @ 2013-11-21 10:59 from SYH6 - click to readWhen you on the Portable WiFi hotspot, your mobile phone will work as a modem. You can use that, provided your mobile plan included data as well. When you surf net on laptop or tablet and need WiFi, you can just on the hot spot.

STEPS: You will need to select Portable WiFi hotspot settings --> input your own preferred password --> on Portable WiFi hotspot --> on your WiFi for the other device --> input the same password on that device

• 2013-11-29 17:58

• mARM

battery is not Good..

• 2013-11-26 14:35
  • 6QHj

> In reply to DCM @ 2013-11-20 17:47 from vQ%5 - click to readasw 4 numba 2..u hv to us genuine htc charger or alcatel charger will do

• 2013-11-24 14:30
  • YU8a

its perfect phone but battery is not good

• 2013-11-22 15:54
  • fBhn

How does, the hotspot work

• 2013-11-21 10:59
  • SYH6

> In reply to Nayeem @ 2013-11-16 18:24 from XM{A - click to readFlash the software to an old one.
You can find some topics to do it on the net.
Had some issues after update. Now im running on first version
Android 2.3.3
Sense 2.1

• 2013-11-21 02:30
  • X3t0

3 years im using it, i had many issues !with it,
Now battery really weak
Phone thinks its plugged to headphones xD
Forced to install craked software (flashed it)

BUT ! For it s age, it does the same things as an iphone or everything new ! I'ts fast, tuchscreen is really reactive, can handle games and g maps satellite well, websurfing is smooth cmear and fast. And it is just unbreakable ! It falls like 30 times every where, on bitumen, grass sand, snow, without any protective case ! Screen still intact afterthat. Thanks aluminium body.
HTC is quality products, not like samsung low plastic shits, or breakable iphone screen.
My Next phone is. HTC One with aluminium body. Stay with HTC no matter what !!! You will not regret it

• 2013-11-21 02:26
  • X3t0

hi its been 2 years since m using tis cell... I ws happy Wen I bought it bt nw its vry mch outdated(like baba aadam ka smart phone)....
thr r few bugs in it like
1.apps keep on crashing.

2.Wen using it while charging touch sometimes get very unresponsive or gets hyper-active (you just touch n it vl strt doing random things on its own)

3.receiving a call is headache sometimes

4. I like the camera quality bt it too has problems like cnt capture moving things...

5.I hate its camcorder Wen playing recorded videos tey srt of get stuck in between while vedio is playing audio is going on bt video stucks.... I think it records the vedio tat way as sme problm happens Wen I watch same video on pc n at same place wer it used to get stuck on cell....

6. battery life as we all know it.

7.keeps restarting on its own.

8.games like subway surf r nt supported.

9.HTC sense does nt work properly.

10.android froyo cmon kitkat has come n v still on 2.2.1

11.metal body risk of slipping hav to b extremely careful Wen giving it to someone.

12. even covers are nt available in market.

well jus gud lookwise...
n I like it fr still photography...
pls help if any suggestions to overcome any of above problems. wud b more thn glad if someone could help out....

• 2013-11-20 17:47
  • vQ%5

touch screen problems?
My HTC Desire HD is 1.5 years old. I started to have problems with the touch screen about two days ago.

It would intermittently either

1. Most of the time it is Freeze and not recognize any touch input at all

2. Get my touches wrong - e.g. I'd touch 'q' and get 'z' on the keyboard

3. Have phantom touches - i.e. it would press buttons all by itself

But the problems have been intermittent and temporary each time.

Though it does make it bloody hard to answer calls and even switch the phone off when it's having one of it's episodes.

Now, today, I needed to switch the phone off and couldn't. So I pulled the battery out. And then Android wouldn't start. I followed a tip to re-set the phone.

Does anyone know if the problem I'm experiencing is (a) common; and (b) fixed by re-setting?

• 2013-11-16 18:24
  • XM{A

> In reply to Ssekamanya Abdallah @ 2013-10-26 21:40 from NuTm - click to readIt depends on the service provider and your location . For example , i get 3G speen in city and HGPRS/EDGE/NONE in the countryside .

• 2013-11-15 14:13
  • srrH

I need help.I have tried switching to WCDMA only buh it returns 2 auto.browsing is very slow

• 2013-11-12 08:44
  • fsT5

> In reply to zhyy @ 2013-11-07 04:06 from t7Xk - click to readTurn off Haptic Feedback in Sound

• 2013-11-10 23:06
  • HK%q

a very good i ever had,few days ago i drooped my phone ,result.................broken lcd.its very hard for me to find out ,still using it with broken lcd,

• 2013-11-10 11:18
  • XN5n

Hi, i just want to ask if how can I remove the vibration on this phone while i am txting?

• 2013-11-07 04:06
  • t7Xk
Total of 5716 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire HD.