HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.2

I've had this phone from contract in Nov 2011. It's still going but is showing its age now so I'm buying another handset on a sim only deal. The good news if you are still interested in this phone is the screen resolution, the stability, the rear cam in good light, the sd slot and of course the price (this was the flagship HTC phone in 2011/12 & now it goes for a song). The bad points are its now a bit slow for modern apps & internet, the battery is underpowered, it's not 4G, the front camera is poor & the flash on rear camera is unatural. Still a bargain though. I'm sticking with android but mugging off HTC for my next phone as the camera on the One M8 looks rubbish. I'm going with LG G2 as it ticks all the boxes I need. Good luck with your phone purchase guys!

• 2014-04-17 22:20
  • 9FHg

> In reply to Moses @ 2014-04-11 19:58 from f0bw - click to readYES.... Nice mobile
And now you can get ICS official Upgrade for Desire S
but you have to upgrade via PC only.

• 2014-04-15 11:25
  • J9M6

I have 29 months using this phone and guess what it is still relevant to today's phones. it runs flawlessly on gingerbread. And using it together with HTC One Max. thank U HTC

• 2014-04-11 19:58
  • f0bw

I had updated my desire s to ICS.
Features are great, ran fine for 3 weaks but afterwards It has gone slow,every time the circle revolves and takes 10 seconds.

• 2014-04-07 08:27
  • U3x7
  • F

now i am using htc desire s but i faced some problem and that is no video calling option.do youknow how can i do

• 2014-03-30 20:01
  • 2CYh

I bought an HTC desire s in west Africa Ghana, i later realized that its was made in Taiwan. Right now I'm having problems with, the applications. Most importantly I can't make some calls with numbers which start with a * and end with #, why? These signs are what we use frequently in loading credit/airtime in Ghana. Please held me, I love htc phones but with this i think i'm losing my interest gradually.

• 2014-03-28 12:41
  • fsWr

I also bought a NEW desire S here in Iran and it not refurbished. Everything is ok and i have upgraded it to ICS and its working like a charm. This is my 3rd Desire S( i had sold the other 2). But I am always attracted to this phone because of its unibody aluminum design and good hardware. I just wish it could have supported twin Sims. By the way the battery life is above average for a touch screen and it has improved greatly by the ICS upgrade.

• 2014-03-28 09:44
  • g5nv

> In reply to MR.ZERO @ 2014-03-21 01:55 from 3%ja - click to readHTC has discontinued its update or in other words ditched the support

• 2014-03-27 19:17
  • 2Twt

> In reply to danish hussain @ 2014-03-17 18:21 from svji - click to readThis phone has been discontinued around 2 years back, which kind of new did u purchased? Refurbished or New Box with old Kit or Just original set original box but sealed.
Don believe that set was new, it should have been refurbished,
I also facing same card issue, in 2nd hand set, try to restore factory setting and install new or another card format if detected after restoring and if that works use the card which u wanna use, good luck

• 2014-03-27 19:15
  • 2Twt

this HTC has a weak network reception.

• 2014-03-27 10:20
  • fuNR

> In reply to steve @ 2014-01-19 17:42 from 3a@w - click to readsame issue in my desire s ,,,,plz help how to update to ICS ???

• 2014-03-21 01:55
  • 3%ja

i perchase new htc desire s from karachi pakistan but my sd card not working will u plz help me i want new sd card jack but in pakistan karachi sd jack not available

• 2014-03-17 18:21
  • svji

are you able to update this to ics on the device? as in can i update it without using a laptop and just download the update and install it straight to the phone?

• 2014-03-16 20:11
  • my8{

> In reply to john @ 2014-02-20 09:44 from Lexa - click to readmy desire s volume button doing problem its touch very sensetive.. wht is the problem with my phone. plz help me..

• 2014-02-25 13:11
  • 7qBX

this is best phone good camera low price good cpu good ppi and....

• 2014-02-20 09:44
  • Lexa

I own this phone and it's good overall, but its battery life with Wi-Fi enabled is a joke. Apart from that, the biggest problems come from poor software which I solved by installing a custom Android distribution. The phone's hardware is quite capable but it should have more on-board storage memory for its price.

• 2014-02-13 12:56
  • HBrp

my phone keeps on switching itself off while am in the middle of a conversation. want to know why. could someone help

• 2014-02-10 19:01
  • 3GZr

> In reply to sohny @ 2014-01-29 14:19 from 6Pa% - click to readHave you tried replacing your battery with a new one?
I replace mine every year or so.
You can find replacements with 5 euros(=7$) in online stores.

You could also try replacing your usb charger with a new one (1-2 euros)

Normally it shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours to charge and should make you through a whole day.
3G is consuming a lot. Enable it only when necessary.

• 2014-02-10 09:18
  • x2$Q

battry time is very short and charging time is upto 20 hour....why this accuring to my new new htc desire s....

• 2014-01-29 14:19
  • 6Pa%

i have this desire s since oct 2011. the only problem i have is volume down toggle broken. it's recommended

• 2014-01-27 12:53
  • PA78
Total of 3093 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.