HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.2

Hi I my contract is going to come in a week or so and i want to choose a good smartphone and have narrowed down between these two xperia neo and desire s. the neo is not released in my country yet and is it worth getting i have tried the arc and it is good but is it really a smaller arc or should i get desire s instead
Thanks

• 2011-08-13 01:48
  • UGjx

samsung galaxy sl vs htc desire s? which has better apps? samsung apps? or HTC hub?

and is death grip that bad?

PS. i dont like phones which has amoled,, it feels like you have a sick pet, degrading everytime you use it..

• 2011-08-13 01:20
  • thfa

Hey Guys!
I would like to know if the phone vibrates when receiving an SMS. I once had an LG Optimus One, which, as you know, works with Android as well, but it never vibrated when I got messages... even though all my settings were correct... It would be nice if somebody could help me, because I really consider buying this phone and this is a vital criterion for me.
Thanks in advance!

• 2011-08-12 23:58
  • nRZt

Hi, I've been using the HTC desire s for quite some time now. I created a blog using it. All site content like design, blog posts and photos were created using this phone. I'm very satisfied with it! Check it out:

Http://Mobilelitratista.blogspot.com

• 2011-08-12 11:21
  • K7gL

> In reply to Dee22 @ 2011-08-11 10:00 from t}4K - click to readI think if it was possible they would of done it already by firmware update. In my opinion is not hardware possible that.s the reason they don.t do it. I think we ALL need to reorient to other brands. For me not beeing possible to initiate 3G video call it.s like not be able to sens sms and I don.t have mobile internet active, only wifi. I need most of the time 3G Video Call - I spend a lot of money on this device - and it craps. For now it.s clear now: NO MORE HTC !!!

• 2011-08-12 08:59
  • Me0A

Hello all desire S users. I have been using this phone, and its quite good in all respects. However, i've noticed two small issues:
1) Even if i keep my brightness setting to automatic, i can't notice any change in brightness when i move from low light to more light regions and vice versa. Even in complete darkness the screen is very brightly lit.

2) During an incoming call sometimes the drag down to answer screen is displayed and sometimes the 2 button ( one to answer one to reject ) screen is displayed. why are two kind of screens being displayed when i get an incoming call. How is it that the phone randomly displays any one of these screen types? Is there any setting that i missed?

Any help on these points will be highly appreciated.

thanks

• 2011-08-12 06:45
  • vIb5

> In reply to marie @ 2011-08-11 20:32 from m5d$ - click to readGet a Mugen battery,lasts 30% longer.

• 2011-08-11 23:48
  • 3J9x

nice handset to use but pathetic battery life i have to keep a back up phone with me at all times also mine has crashed several times, so honestly would not recomend this phone especially for the price.

• 2011-08-11 20:32
  • m5d$

Just got the phone in 2 weeks from SMART Philippines and it already hanged and now unable to restart. I even brought it to the service center only to find out it's a motherboard issue and that they need to replace it. 5 more cases from SMART has been filled with the same problem, hanging and then unable to restart even after factory reset.

Service from SMART is bad and HTC Desire S phones should be put put from their shelves....

• 2011-08-11 20:05
  • v0qJ

> In reply to marius RO @ 2011-08-11 09:09 from Me0A - click to readman Dats ryt... HTC should look upon this and release some firmware update to enable 3g video calling option ASAP. every other features are awesome except the video calling option. looking forward to get an update soon.

• 2011-08-11 10:00
  • t}4K

> In reply to LionHeart @ 2011-08-10 07:13 from vxWN - click to readbut we don.t want to use 3rd party apps for the video calls - we just want to use native phone 3g video call feature like any ordinary phone - hey htc why won.t you enable the feature for desires - the phone has front camera and 3g - just copy some software from some old phones ... i have 3g call option enabled and i bought this phone and i can.t use it - i would recomand anybody not to buy this phone until this situation is fixed !!!!

• 2011-08-11 09:09
  • Me0A

> In reply to jinxed @ 2011-08-10 13:30 from utAT - click to readPlease go for HTC. You will love it, and wont regret! :>

• 2011-08-11 08:21
  • uRC5

> In reply to Jamshed @ 2011-08-10 18:58 from KIeU - click to readman, go for desire s. why? the smaller the screen, the longer the battery life. not to mention the apps you can download to get the most of your battery because your are going to use it in battery sucking task. incredible s is just the bigger version of desire s. therefore, same specs except for the screen size and camera.

• 2011-08-11 03:26
  • vj1T

I am contemplating between HTC Desire S vs. Incredible S. My main tsk on the device besides making calls is email and internet browsing. I am not much into camera. If Desire S would have been 4" screen I would have immediately jumped but does screen size matters when you have to type emails? Choice is 3.7" Desire S vs. 4" Incredible S?
Kindly suggest and thanks
Jamshed

• 2011-08-10 18:58
  • KIeU

> In reply to jinxed @ 2011-08-10 13:30 from utAT - click to readI would suggest you going for Desire S.
=>A friend owns a Nokia C7 and it crashes all the time.
=>Now as for the Nexus S, its a brilliant phone, but its so "plastic", i doubt if there's even a part on that phone made from metal.
=>In the other hand Desire S has the aluminium unibody which is GREAT. The battery life is great, just close bluetooth and wifi when you dont use it.
Ohhh, and you also can easily get the beautiful photo gallery of Nexus S as it's just an .apk file, nothing more.

Both cameras work like a charm and i've found no problem on using divx or any other video file. Plus the flash player is working great. You can download FlashPlayer 13 if you want from the android market for free.

I'm using this phone for quite a while and its perfect.
The only drawback is that it doesn't have the powerful screen of Nexus S but in every other way is far better than the other 2 mobile phones you listed.

• 2011-08-10 18:12
  • Sjtq

Cn any one suggest me, which phone to go for, i m really confused :

Nokia c7
Samsung Nexus s
H.t.C Desire S

My requirements:
1)Camera: 5 MP rear wid flash n auto focus and front cam for video calls (minimum).

2)Browsing: flash lite 4/ flash 10(for playing videos n games )

3)Java latest version

4)Video player : shud b able to play Xvid/divx/avi/HD
plzz smone help me.

• 2011-08-10 13:30
  • utAT

> In reply to kid @ 2011-08-08 07:11 from sxv} - click to readAs you for your 'Video Calls' inquiry, it can be achieved using any 3rd party video capable software (e.g. Skype, Yahoo, MSN ...etc)

• 2011-08-10 07:13
  • vxWN

Im goin to buy this its seems to be rocking phone...

• 2011-08-10 07:02
  • vIvM
  • F

> In reply to foz43 @ 2011-08-08 01:38 from L1Qx - click to readThanks for the response, its day 4 and the problem hasnt repeated (touch wood). Again thanks for the help and will keep a close eye on it.

• 2011-08-10 04:13
  • PPhk

video calling through skype is available from this phone,i tried calling my pc through wifi and it works great!

• 2011-08-10 03:22
  • t7RF
Total of 3127 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.