HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.2

> In reply to RAD @ 2011-08-15 22:12 from QDZG - click to readi didnt find any connectivity issue till now. But m using reliance 3G connection so dont know abt 2G.

• 2011-08-16 00:10
  • bC2U

> In reply to Dee22 @ 2011-08-04 22:23 from t}rW - click to readHave you found any problems with the connectivity, specifically after the 1.47.720.1 update? I mean in terms of latching on to a signal automaticaly after you have lost it? and what about data connection (GPRS and not WCDMA or HSDPA)do you have problems with data access post the update?

• 2011-08-15 22:12
  • QDZG

> In reply to sc @ 2011-08-12 06:45 from vIb5 - click to readHave tested the auto brightness setting and works. Are you using a screen guard to avoid scratches or something?
In response to point 2. The drag-down to answer option comes only on when your screen is locked. If the screens unlocked then you get the 2 buttons.

• 2011-08-15 21:54
  • QDZG

> In reply to none @ 2011-08-14 13:57 from mEA7 - click to readno 3g video call - indeed

• 2011-08-15 15:32
  • JFPQ

Frankly speaking this is an awesome phone. Dho i bought one and had a battery problem, returned it and got another. Since then never had an issue with the phone.
Have several applications installed and a couple of android games and PS1 games using FPSe.

• 2011-08-15 10:19
  • N9WZ

> In reply to kid @ 2011-08-13 17:52 from sxvZ - click to readYES no more Video Calls - htc did it

• 2011-08-14 13:57
  • mEA7

> In reply to kid @ 2011-08-13 17:52 from sxvZ - click to readyes NO MORE Video calls !!!

• 2011-08-14 13:55
  • mEA7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-13 14:33 from UGjx - click to readYes. The internal memory is enough for me. I have 70+ apps and games downloaded from the app market and I still have 645mb available.

• 2011-08-14 13:53
  • K7gP

> In reply to Eishan @ 2011-08-14 10:25 from uNVD - click to readNo problems with the capacitive touchscreen. The transition to different homescreens is smooth. No problems as well with the capacitive Android buttons.

• 2011-08-14 13:12
  • K7gK

> In reply to kid @ 2011-08-13 17:52 from sxvZ - click to readthere is video phone call if you using smart network

• 2011-08-14 12:15
  • v0qu

How is the touchscreen? Does it have problems?

• 2011-08-14 10:25
  • uNVD

no video calls!!!! =(

• 2011-08-13 17:52
  • sxvZ

Hai guys,

Planning to buy desire s in few days... Which one is good to buy.. whether Taiwan or china make???

• 2011-08-13 16:53
  • u78C

Hi I am planning to buy this phone and the internal memory is more than enough for applications right

• 2011-08-13 14:33
  • UGjx

> In reply to JustinMark @ 2011-08-11 20:05 from v0qJ - click to readHi, I got the same phone in SMART - SM North Edsa and I have the same problem, after 1 week, it was hanging in the HTC Logo and does not turn on. They reset it to factory reset using Volume Down and Power combination and its was fine.

Then after a week, it had the same problem. Eventually it wont start anymore. When I went to the service center, they said they need to change the motherboard. It was a new phone yet it already needs a hardware replacement?

I am very disappointed with their service and HTC. Hope they can fix their units soon...

• 2011-08-13 08:49
  • F{XE

Hi I my contract is going to come in a week or so and i want to choose a good smartphone and have narrowed down between these two xperia neo and desire s. the neo is not released in my country yet and is it worth getting i have tried the arc and it is good but is it really a smaller arc or should i get desire s instead
Thanks

• 2011-08-13 01:48
  • UGjx

samsung galaxy sl vs htc desire s? which has better apps? samsung apps? or HTC hub?

and is death grip that bad?

PS. i dont like phones which has amoled,, it feels like you have a sick pet, degrading everytime you use it..

• 2011-08-13 01:20
  • thfa

Hey Guys!
I would like to know if the phone vibrates when receiving an SMS. I once had an LG Optimus One, which, as you know, works with Android as well, but it never vibrated when I got messages... even though all my settings were correct... It would be nice if somebody could help me, because I really consider buying this phone and this is a vital criterion for me.
Thanks in advance!

• 2011-08-12 23:58
  • nRZt

Hi, I've been using the HTC desire s for quite some time now. I created a blog using it. All site content like design, blog posts and photos were created using this phone. I'm very satisfied with it! Check it out:

Http://Mobilelitratista.blogspot.com

• 2011-08-12 11:21
  • K7gL
Total of 3143 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.