I am planinng to buy new smartphone which one is best
Lg optimus 2x
555, 28 May 2011I am planinng to buy new smartphone which one is best Lg optimus 2x Desire s incredeble s?Get the LG Optimus 2X
I am planinng to buy new smartphone which one is best
Lg optimus 2x
I am from India & I've been using SGS for past 9 months or so. Recently i got a chance to use DS as well and i've been using it for about 3 weeks now. Let me give u my honest opinion about main aspects of DS and how it compares with SGS
*Screen: SGS screen is way superior to DS. All know this but i see both the screens in action everyday, and trust me when i say that colours are more vivid in SGS, also SGS has a superior black colour rendering. I put the black ( fully black nothing else) wallpaper in both the phones & then moved to a home screen withoit any icons, covered top and bottom of both the screens ( so as not to get any cues from the icons that can't be removed). The SGS black is a perfect deep jet black..whatever u call it..nothing can be blacker than that in worlrd of screens..DS black is somewhat of a lighter hue. Very difficult to express this diff in shades of black in words. This does NOT mean that DS screen is bad, it is also quite good. I am just suggesting that the SGS screen definitely has an edge. In day to day work this diffenece in screen quality may not matter. However, if u wud use ur phone for primarity gaming, videos, viewing pics etc then SGS ( bcoz of its bigger and better scrren) is ideal. But SGS is bigger and this brings up pocketability issues
* Superb flash in DS, i took took a pic of an object ( which was around 2 to 2.5m from me i reckon ) in almost zero light with DS using flash & it came out quite well, SGS has no flash.
* did not try out WiFi in DS, so can't comment on the "death grip" issue.
* DS battery life is not bad keeping in mind that its a 3.7 inch touch screen smartphone, i get about abything from 1 to 2 days in a single charge. It depends on how u use...but hey wats the fuss about battery life, don't we all know the tradeoff involved when we buy a touch screen phone. Does battery life really matter when whole day we are surrounded by electrical outlets & computers ( both SGS & DS can charge off a USB cable for those not knowing). If u r the type who gives a long battery life paramount importance ( kind of a person who goes camping in the countryside every week..!! ) then i am sorry. Go buy some low end nokia phone which claim to give outrageous satndby/talk times.! Either u get long battery life or the luxuries of a high end end android smart phone!!.
* I have a few gripes with DS. i agree with the fact that DS back is much better designed & looks more classy than SGS back, no doubt about that. DS back has some matte portion in the middle, however i feel that still it feels just a bit slippery in the hand. Sometimes i can just feel the phone slipping..i got back cover for DS, now i get good grip. I remove the cover when charging though ( as the battery gets a little warmed up, need to dissipate heat ).
* now the thing which i hate the most about DS, absence of any physical button. DS has 4 capacitive soft buttons, now to unlock the scrren in DS ( from stnadby mode ) first pres the power key ( which, in DS, is located somewhat inconveniently at the top right corner ) then swipe screen. In SGS physical home key makes this easy, just press it & swipe. The natural grip in which we hold the phone makes it easier to press the physical key at the bottom of the screen than to press power key located at the top right corner. IN DS i need to change the grip slightly so that i can easily press the poer key to unlock the screen. Also the screen in DS does NOT light up when a new sms/notification is received, only the led at the top of screens starts to blink ( of course the tune u set for notifications is aslo played). But everytime i receive an SMS i have to press the power key & then swipe screen to see who has sent the message. In SGS wen an SMS is revived the screen lites up & the notification bar displays the contents of the message without u having to unlock the screen. SGS has a physical home button & 2 soft keys.
* One good aspect of DS is that is has "Internet pass through", u can connect phone to ur PC and then u can use PCs net connection to conect to the net on the phone. Useful when u want to browse the market, or download stuff to ur phone directly like new themes/wallpapers and Widgets form HTC. Such a feature is absent in stock SGS.
* Haven't tried the GPs receiver in DS yet. So can't comment on it.
* User interface: UI of DS is superior to that of SGS. HTC sense integrates well with 2.3, overall i get a much better user experience with DS. Apart from the standard android widgets htc gives us many many more widgets pre installed and more can be downloaded. I really like the msg widget in DS, it displays the incoming SMS straignt to the home screen where u can read and reply to it from there only, no need to go into inbox as such..
* DS internal memory is 1GB, SGS is 16 GB, However, not an issue as memory can be, of course, augmented by MicroSD. Applications can be installed to SD card.
* DS is haevy compared to SGS, if i pick up DS just after using my galaxy then i feel as if i've lifted a brick. But howver, if u get used to the weight then no issue. I put this point bcoz i use both so i am not accustomed to either from point of view of weight.
All said and done:
If u like large screen & want best viewing performance performance then go for SGS.
If u want good slick UI go for DS.
Both phones are gr8, performance wise both are almost identical..
thanks a lot.. about the internal memory .. in 1.1 gb rom of internal how much left memory?
im from symbian and i love symbian nokia but they will dump it.. the proc and ram is low and i cant live with that slow.. i tried n8 but android is fast with the same price.. so i go to this phone..
[deleted post]I switch between daily charges and 2 day charges, depends on how much I use it. The battery is good. Apps can be stored on the sd card as well.
fuel, 27 May 2011thanks.. how about the camera quality..? compare to other 5mp can.. camera and video is good in its range.... no problem with that. if u want sample pics that i have personally taken then i can send in ur mail...
last question.. you can save downloaded apps from market store to sd card? is there a file manager for the phone and when you run the apk file will install to memory card?
fuel, 27 May 2011anyone got htc desire s pls confirm. is wifi signal drops when touching at the back? about the... moreya da WiFi signal drops a bit while holding in landscape mode but it depends on how u hold it, the WiFi signal port lies near the secondary camera so try not to cover dat area fully, try holding it at the bottom portion using ur left hand in landscape mode n Der won't b any problem.
n regarding the audio quality, its superb while listening through headphones but while listening through its inbuilt speakers, the audio sound is average.
anyone got htc desire s pls confirm. is wifi signal drops when touching at the back? about the music using headphone is it nice to hear? or any problem..
Can we do video calls with Desire S mobile? I was unable to do so! Any settings required.
Anonymous, 26 May 2011I'm a Desire S user...
But I'm advicing you not to buy any Android phone from HTC with lock... moreHTC officially dissolves locked bootloader policy
hi every1 y is the Design, Performance, Features of this superb smartphone below "8"... I don't think it should b below "8"... nobody is voting for it or wat... I strongly recommend desire s users to vote for their superb handset....
Dom, 26 May 2011Yeah, I was the first to bring that up. I went on to check with another model at Vodafone and ... moreya Ders light leakage in the area between the capacitive buttons n the body but it can b noticed only in dark environment.....for me its not n issue... n regarding the battery back cover, it depends on the use..... I got no issue in here too... better take precautions while removing the battery s it might not come out easily as the model of the handset is slightly curved at the bottom end of the phone which is the battery cover area.
marius, 26 May 2011do you think can be manufactured elsewere the model with the card included vs the one without ... moreI haven't heard abt the two packages but s far s i know the phone comes with 8gb card along the package.... havnt heard or seen "package without the card"...
im using desire s for 2 weeks.. definitely its a great phone and user friendly.. 1 question here? when surf the net thru wifi @ playing games, will cause the battery life shorter? any experience...
marius , 25 May 2011Does any of you guys receive an 8gb card with the phone? In Romania are 2 different packages: ... morehmm, are they really the same? The price difference is indeed too great to just involve an 8 gb micro sd. But who knows, if it really is just that, go for it.
drakula, 23 May 2011I have problem with the leak under search menu (soft key). It looks like the screen not integr... moreYeah, I was the first to bring that up. I went on to check with another model at Vodafone and even some people here confirmed the light leak. The screen isn't aligned all that well, but it shouldn't have an effect on anything, I don't even notice is anymore. What annoys me more is that my piece has a squeaky battery cover. Otherwise after almost a month must say it's a great phone, very happy with it, recommended.