HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

7.4
7.4
7.2

@ALL DESIRE S Users

Is the body shedding paint as mentioned in the igyan review?

• 2011-05-01 14:32
  • vGEG

can desire s make video call w/o 3rd party prog?

since xperia neo cant

• 2011-05-01 13:30
  • ibeD

Hi! Im from the Philippines... Im about to buy this phone in a week from now. But kinda on a look w/ Mozart as well. But after reading about a few reviews here, particularly the one about the desire s having a "paint fading" issue, I already have doubts about this phone. I really want to upgrade my current phone (optimus one). But I also have doubts about WP7 phones. The only nice thing about Mozart is that it has a superb build quality and sound, not to mention the superior 8MP camera. Please can anyone tell me what I should buy?

• 2011-05-01 13:28
  • uSUD

Is the WiFi death grip issue being solved by HTC ??

Just want to ask if I wanna using it for listening to music, how long can this unit stand ?? And how is the audio quality ??

Do I have any "Call Recording" (conversation recording) function in Desire S ??

Thanks.

• 2011-05-01 07:34
  • tVmi

Anyone here does NOT experience the wifi-issue of "Death-grip" or dropped signal when using the phone in landscape or covering certain part of the device? Are there only selected phones that experience these types of problems?

• 2011-05-01 00:30
  • Lixs

xperia neo cant video call with 3g

3rd party prog needed

how bout desire s?

can any desire s owner tell me

if it can video call by 3g

thanks in advan

• 2011-04-30 08:39
  • ibeA

I need to know how to transfer contacts from phone to sim. There appears no option in People folder for that. Thanks

• 2011-04-30 05:08
  • vIYQ

I guess the light leak and the slight gap of the LCD screen to its body is all common in this type of design you will notice the gap if you look closely below the front cam.

here is a sample picture of the phone from gsm:

You cant hardly notice the gap. its a paper thin like gap.

HTC said its normal in this kind of design... since my supplier did check it with HTC because all of his phone have it.. its not noticeable and big deal to most but still it depends on the user how you handle your phone. overall user experience is great and i dont mind this issue anymore since for me its much better than incredible S.

• 2011-04-30 04:25
  • t7Zs

The light leak seems to be on all models, just checked and compared with a salesperson at vodafone. It's a very minor issue though, people shouldn't be turned off by the slight defect, you will only notice it at an angle in total darkness.

• 2011-04-29 23:22
  • pIh@

Has bought it 2 months ago. Drawbacks are: no front camera disadvantage when using skype, sound not great. Advantage; pinch for zooming, easy to surf on the net, practical, good display resolution, applications that are downloadable are good.

• 2011-04-29 17:04
  • Nakq

> In reply to [deleted post]Instead of asking anyone in here...why just don't send it back where you bought it and ask if they can replace it with another one.

• 2011-04-29 16:47
  • t7JG

Guys can help me!
I just got my Desire S yesterday
and today I just found that my Desire S rebooted at least 5 times for no reason.
What's wrong? what should I do?

• 2011-04-29 16:14
  • vut7

Guys can help me!
I just got my Desire S yesterday
What's wrong? what should I do?

• 2011-04-29 16:14
  • vut7

The previous desire had a great SAR value.. Does this one has the same high value or is this better ?

• 2011-04-29 11:58
  • vGUD

Can use desireS to make video call ??? without any third party aplication ?

• 2011-04-29 07:41
  • Me0B

hey HTC Desire S users: is this happening to your devices, too ??? tell us please !

"...the paint or the exterior finish was not up to standards, we saw the paint fade from several places with just regular use, within a week. We are not too happy with this fact and are unsure whether or not people can claim warranty on such units."

QUOTE from: http://igyaan.in/2011/04/htc-d...d-video-rev/

• 2011-04-29 07:37
  • Me0B

Hello. Can some one tell me how long is wake this phone( desire s) in stand by and in games and more other games? thank you

• 2011-04-28 23:02
  • LaA9

nice

• 2011-04-28 21:15
  • R1@r

hey desire s users,i have to decide between galaxy s and htc desire s,i luv the s.amoled but hate the touch wiz,so i m really tilted towards htc desire s,i have only one main question to ask ,hows the sound quality and loudness of desire s in headphone as compared to galaxy s ,i ve listend the sound quality of galaxy s which is very cool..i m music lover..... please help me to decide...much appreciated if sumbddy gives me the answer....thnx

• 2011-04-28 20:31
  • sSxN

Just ordered my piece from ebay at rs 23,190. Waiting to receive. Will post my exp after spending some days with it.

• 2011-04-28 18:48
  • Hkrt
Total of 3117 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.