HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5
7.4
7.2

hey i am about to get rid of my nokia n97 i am wonder which is better. Getting a htc desire s or the desire hd or the galaxy s. Really need some honest opinions..

• 2011-05-03 15:17
  • kiPv

> In reply to Unibody @ 2011-05-03 09:19 from vGFd - click to readonly black color available officially everywhere.

• 2011-05-03 13:12
  • 95R2

> In reply to sen333 @ 2011-05-02 18:40 from bCHx - click to read@sen333 is it available in other unibody colors at Flipkart

• 2011-05-03 09:19
  • vGFd

any users having the problem of shedding of body paint ?

• 2011-05-03 07:06
  • vGiF

today i got my desire s from ebay india at the price of 23190 (cheaper than flipkart), also SUMMER PROMO is goin on nw so will get a 320GB portable(2.5")HDD absolutely FREE. so guys check out ebay india if u r gonna buy this handset. heres the link for my purchase

"http://cgi.ebay.in/HTC-S510e-D...ba711c&qu­ot;

ever since the courier man delivered the order i have been rolling my hands over and ve been checking for the defects that some people have pointed out regarding "the fading paint". will post regarding this after a week of usage but first of all i would like to say that the handset rocks, the screen is really very smooth and camera and video quality is very good in 5MP range, the build quality is awesome (definitely far better than galaxy s and nexus s). the only bad thing i have noticed is that its sound is very low while listening to music through its inbuilt loudspeaker though its good if i use a headset and the lack of camera shutter button is definitely a thing HTC should look upon.
reagrding the OS i think i need not say anything about it as everybody knows abt gingerbread. the bigger ram is really useful.
so overall, m loving this piece and its definitely better than GALAXY S or NEXUS S in my choice...

• 2011-05-03 03:02
  • utXr

> In reply to xil @ 2011-05-02 21:54 from Sr4B - click to readAbout an eight out of ten. Video and photos are good as well.

• 2011-05-02 23:15
  • mxXb

Picked mine up on Saturday, upgraded from iphone to Android. Still getting used to the handset, navigating my way through the menus and programs. Until now I have no hitches and I cannot complain - it is quick, slick and a beautiful handset. Really happy with my purchase, good-bye Apple.........for now!

• 2011-05-02 23:13
  • mxXb

hows the sound quality through speakers ?

• 2011-05-02 21:54
  • Sr4B

awesome phone,better bsttery backup then the previous desire.

• 2011-05-02 19:00
  • U@H2
  • F

> In reply to Nishant @ 2011-05-02 11:47 from PUPa - click to readreally you are unlucky. Regarding Flipkart I am so lucky I received my handset within 3 days I ordered. But when I received my handset the same day they reduced the price from Rs.23750 to Rs.23265. When I pointed out to the customer care they apologised and credited the difference amount back to my Flipkart account, which I can use for my next purchase. I am very much delighted about my purchase from them. Also I agree you might got the defected set, but that is because of from the factory not from Flipkart.

• 2011-05-02 18:40
  • bCHx

HTC Desire S at £359.99 at www.latestchoice.com. Any other cheapest price?

• 2011-05-02 15:46
  • vGnf

For Desire S owners: Do you all experience the death grip? Do the WiFi signal drops when using the phone in landscape? Please confirm these. Thanks.

• 2011-05-02 15:45
  • Lixs

> In reply to Nishant @ 2011-05-02 11:47 from PUPa - click to readeven i have ordered my desire s from flipkart yesterday ...after reading your concern ... i am also bit worried ... :( .. please keep update about us ..
i have my fingers crossed ... hmmmmm

• 2011-05-02 14:13
  • tUcQ

nice

• 2011-05-02 13:34
  • Mtyp

I got the delivery one day before the committed date. However, that's where things started going bad.
The handset I received, would not start for full 30min. It kept rebooting. Even when it could boot properly once, the phone kept crashing and rebooting every few minutes. This is not exaggeration! SO much so that within 3 hrs of delivery, I had made up my mind to return it. For the next 2 days till i got the Dead on Arrival certificate from HTC service center, the OS kept crashing though the frequency came down. Some contacts would randomly disappear from phonebook. SD Card data would appear and disappear at its own will as well!
Even the Dead on Arrival certi was not easy to obtain. The service center person was trying to act funny and asking me to deposit the phone with him for a few days, so that they could check and repair the phone!
This is going to be my first and last HTC handset ever!
I just hope that Flipkart returns my money in time and doesn't add to the horrible experience!

• 2011-05-02 11:47
  • PUPa

My paint has stayed on, had the phone for a month now. But i'm very careful with it and always keep it in a pouch when hustlin about.

• 2011-05-02 09:25
  • nmSU

> In reply to Samsung or Htc @ 2011-05-01 16:20 from F4mG - click to readdefinitely Desire s... theres no point in comparing the two handset as desire s is far better than galaxy SL.

• 2011-05-02 03:18
  • utXk

What phone should I get? samsung galaxy sl or Htc desire s ?

• 2011-05-01 16:20
  • F4mG

@ALL DESIRE S Users

Is the body shedding paint as mentioned in the igyan review?

• 2011-05-01 14:32
  • vGEG

can desire s make video call w/o 3rd party prog?

since xperia neo cant

• 2011-05-01 13:30
  • ibeD
Total of 3155 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.