HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.2

> In reply to xil @ 2011-05-02 21:54 from Sr4B - click to readAbout an eight out of ten. Video and photos are good as well.

• 2011-05-02 23:15
  • mxXb

Picked mine up on Saturday, upgraded from iphone to Android. Still getting used to the handset, navigating my way through the menus and programs. Until now I have no hitches and I cannot complain - it is quick, slick and a beautiful handset. Really happy with my purchase, good-bye Apple.........for now!

• 2011-05-02 23:13
  • mxXb

hows the sound quality through speakers ?

• 2011-05-02 21:54
  • Sr4B

awesome phone,better bsttery backup then the previous desire.

• 2011-05-02 19:00
  • U@H2
  • F

> In reply to Nishant @ 2011-05-02 11:47 from PUPa - click to readreally you are unlucky. Regarding Flipkart I am so lucky I received my handset within 3 days I ordered. But when I received my handset the same day they reduced the price from Rs.23750 to Rs.23265. When I pointed out to the customer care they apologised and credited the difference amount back to my Flipkart account, which I can use for my next purchase. I am very much delighted about my purchase from them. Also I agree you might got the defected set, but that is because of from the factory not from Flipkart.

• 2011-05-02 18:40
  • bCHx

HTC Desire S at £359.99 at www.latestchoice.com. Any other cheapest price?

• 2011-05-02 15:46
  • vGnf

For Desire S owners: Do you all experience the death grip? Do the WiFi signal drops when using the phone in landscape? Please confirm these. Thanks.

• 2011-05-02 15:45
  • Lixs

> In reply to Nishant @ 2011-05-02 11:47 from PUPa - click to readeven i have ordered my desire s from flipkart yesterday ...after reading your concern ... i am also bit worried ... :( .. please keep update about us ..
i have my fingers crossed ... hmmmmm

• 2011-05-02 14:13
  • tUcQ

nice

• 2011-05-02 13:34
  • Mtyp

I got the delivery one day before the committed date. However, that's where things started going bad.
The handset I received, would not start for full 30min. It kept rebooting. Even when it could boot properly once, the phone kept crashing and rebooting every few minutes. This is not exaggeration! SO much so that within 3 hrs of delivery, I had made up my mind to return it. For the next 2 days till i got the Dead on Arrival certificate from HTC service center, the OS kept crashing though the frequency came down. Some contacts would randomly disappear from phonebook. SD Card data would appear and disappear at its own will as well!
Even the Dead on Arrival certi was not easy to obtain. The service center person was trying to act funny and asking me to deposit the phone with him for a few days, so that they could check and repair the phone!
This is going to be my first and last HTC handset ever!
I just hope that Flipkart returns my money in time and doesn't add to the horrible experience!

• 2011-05-02 11:47
  • PUPa

My paint has stayed on, had the phone for a month now. But i'm very careful with it and always keep it in a pouch when hustlin about.

• 2011-05-02 09:25
  • nmSU

> In reply to Samsung or Htc @ 2011-05-01 16:20 from F4mG - click to readdefinitely Desire s... theres no point in comparing the two handset as desire s is far better than galaxy SL.

• 2011-05-02 03:18
  • utXk

What phone should I get? samsung galaxy sl or Htc desire s ?

• 2011-05-01 16:20
  • F4mG

@ALL DESIRE S Users

Is the body shedding paint as mentioned in the igyan review?

• 2011-05-01 14:32
  • vGEG

can desire s make video call w/o 3rd party prog?

since xperia neo cant

• 2011-05-01 13:30
  • ibeD

Hi! Im from the Philippines... Im about to buy this phone in a week from now. But kinda on a look w/ Mozart as well. But after reading about a few reviews here, particularly the one about the desire s having a "paint fading" issue, I already have doubts about this phone. I really want to upgrade my current phone (optimus one). But I also have doubts about WP7 phones. The only nice thing about Mozart is that it has a superb build quality and sound, not to mention the superior 8MP camera. Please can anyone tell me what I should buy?

• 2011-05-01 13:28
  • uSUD

Is the WiFi death grip issue being solved by HTC ??

Just want to ask if I wanna using it for listening to music, how long can this unit stand ?? And how is the audio quality ??

Do I have any "Call Recording" (conversation recording) function in Desire S ??

Thanks.

• 2011-05-01 07:34
  • tVmi

Anyone here does NOT experience the wifi-issue of "Death-grip" or dropped signal when using the phone in landscape or covering certain part of the device? Are there only selected phones that experience these types of problems?

• 2011-05-01 00:30
  • Lixs

xperia neo cant video call with 3g

3rd party prog needed

how bout desire s?

can any desire s owner tell me

if it can video call by 3g

thanks in advan

• 2011-04-30 08:39
  • ibeA

I need to know how to transfer contacts from phone to sim. There appears no option in People folder for that. Thanks

• 2011-04-30 05:08
  • vIYQ
Total of 3150 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.