HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.2

I guess the light leak and the slight gap of the LCD screen to its body is all common in this type of design you will notice the gap if you look closely below the front cam.

here is a sample picture of the phone from gsm:

You cant hardly notice the gap. its a paper thin like gap.

HTC said its normal in this kind of design... since my supplier did check it with HTC because all of his phone have it.. its not noticeable and big deal to most but still it depends on the user how you handle your phone. overall user experience is great and i dont mind this issue anymore since for me its much better than incredible S.

• 2011-04-30 04:25
  • t7Zs

The light leak seems to be on all models, just checked and compared with a salesperson at vodafone. It's a very minor issue though, people shouldn't be turned off by the slight defect, you will only notice it at an angle in total darkness.

• 2011-04-29 23:22
  • pIh@

Has bought it 2 months ago. Drawbacks are: no front camera disadvantage when using skype, sound not great. Advantage; pinch for zooming, easy to surf on the net, practical, good display resolution, applications that are downloadable are good.

• 2011-04-29 17:04
  • Nakq

> In reply to [deleted post]Instead of asking anyone in here...why just don't send it back where you bought it and ask if they can replace it with another one.

• 2011-04-29 16:47
  • t7JG

Guys can help me!
I just got my Desire S yesterday
and today I just found that my Desire S rebooted at least 5 times for no reason.
What's wrong? what should I do?

• 2011-04-29 16:14
  • vut7

Guys can help me!
I just got my Desire S yesterday
What's wrong? what should I do?

• 2011-04-29 16:14
  • vut7

The previous desire had a great SAR value.. Does this one has the same high value or is this better ?

• 2011-04-29 11:58
  • vGUD

Can use desireS to make video call ??? without any third party aplication ?

• 2011-04-29 07:41
  • Me0B

hey HTC Desire S users: is this happening to your devices, too ??? tell us please !

"...the paint or the exterior finish was not up to standards, we saw the paint fade from several places with just regular use, within a week. We are not too happy with this fact and are unsure whether or not people can claim warranty on such units."

QUOTE from: http://igyaan.in/2011/04/htc-d...d-video-rev/

• 2011-04-29 07:37
  • Me0B

Hello. Can some one tell me how long is wake this phone( desire s) in stand by and in games and more other games? thank you

• 2011-04-28 23:02
  • LaA9

nice

• 2011-04-28 21:15
  • R1@r

hey desire s users,i have to decide between galaxy s and htc desire s,i luv the s.amoled but hate the touch wiz,so i m really tilted towards htc desire s,i have only one main question to ask ,hows the sound quality and loudness of desire s in headphone as compared to galaxy s ,i ve listend the sound quality of galaxy s which is very cool..i m music lover..... please help me to decide...much appreciated if sumbddy gives me the answer....thnx

• 2011-04-28 20:31
  • sSxN

Just ordered my piece from ebay at rs 23,190. Waiting to receive. Will post my exp after spending some days with it.

• 2011-04-28 18:48
  • Hkrt

> In reply to marius @ 2011-04-28 12:54 from Me0A - click to readhi everyone.. i really like the specs of desire s and m looking forward to buy one from flipkart but m confused about the aluminium body part. when i checked the review of desire s in igyaan, it shows some sort of shading colour below the capacitive menu buttons and on the left side of the front body... so i wanna confirm whether the phone has some serious colour fading problem after some weeks of usage

• 2011-04-28 17:21

Video Yes, 720p@30fps, check quality
Secondary Camera
Yes, VGA
HTC Desire S Features
OS Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
CPU 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon

• 2011-04-28 13:18
  • ft0U

QUOTE from: http://igyaan.in/2011/04/htc-d...d-video-rev/

• 2011-04-28 12:54
  • Me0A

wtf man... the body is shedding its paint... just watched the review on igyaan of this device and they showed that the device is shedding its paint on the edges !! This wasnt expected from u htc !

• 2011-04-28 11:18
  • vGUD

Ultimate phone great display and features, but camera is normal and battery life is 1 day when using net and videos

• 2011-04-28 07:27
  • KA9R

The leak is barely noticable and can also be spotted above the orange led when charging. It feels a bit like the glass shifted a bit as it isn't perfectly alined with the body of the phone. You wouldn't notice this without focusing on the issue so I don't mind this ať all if other models have this slight problem as well, I would just consider replacing a phone dropped by someone before my purchase
, that slight scratch had to get there somehow :D

• 2011-04-28 00:44
  • pIh@

Could someone confirm the light leakage from the capacitive keys under pitch black conditions? Thanks, as i noticed a a barely visible scratch on the back and would like to rule out a drop and a returning hassle

• 2011-04-28 00:32
  • pIh@
Total of 3130 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.