Been Using the Phone for a week.. So far i have no complains i do recommend this phone to all.
- Fast Web Browser In fact Desire S is one of the few android phone's that can play full HD video inside it's browser.
- Battery Life stand's 2 days of normal usage.. 2 hrs. phone call every day messaging, email and aound 1 hr. of wifi using.
- no sign of paint shedding ( i do believe it depends on the phone you have purchased )
- Video play is great specially the SRS feature of the phone 2 thumbs up!
- music play is also awesome because of its built in equalizer. and great music interface.
- cool unibody design feels sexy and solid in your hands.
- SLCD is good view angles are perfect.
- Call quality is great earpiece speaker is very loud, back speaker is just average.
- Touch screen is very sensitive
- No lags, can surf the web , listen to music, push emails , go online in IM's at the same time with no problem.
- HD recording is good for 720p
- Camera is average 5mp but it shoots ok.
- Fast Boot is AWESOME!.. powering the phone off and
when you power it up back it will only take 2-4 sec. you can fully use the phone. ( just dont remove the battery )
- No 3g video call for the meantime, can only use it using fring, skype or YM video calls or other 3rd party app's but i dont mind it.
- Wifi death grip does not happen all the time it depends on how you hold the phone. i have notice if it will drop i will only lose 1 bar of signal in wifi.
- some complains there is a light leakage above the soft keys. mine is just ok.
overall experience its a great phone and it's currently 3rd place in top 20 android phone's in the world!..
here's the link:
can u please clarify about the video call option. can it be made via 3g network carrier without using any application?? just like in any 3g symbian phone?? confirm for desire s
hey there, can anyone check and tell me if u can make 3g video calls with desire s
I recently bought a HTC Desire and I have been trying to set up HTC Sense (htcsense.com). I have gotten to the part where i must sign into HTC Sense from my phone in the Setup App. There is no HTC Sense area in this app - and i cant complete my Sense setup without it!
i have tried to log in from the Internet browser on the phone. Does nothing.
mack, 03 May 2011any users having the problem of shedding of body paint ?no body paint shadding noticeable till nw.. will inform u abt dis i find any...but i strongly feel that the body paint wont fade if we use it as a regular user n not like a cheap phone..
Ram, 04 May 2011I dont see this offer anymore !!!! Could you please send me the direct link plz...the offer is still there... heres the direct link..
read the T&C first.
getting phone 2moz is there anything better that i should think about before i get it ?
Great device. Solidly built and runs fast. Love the design, way better than the Galaxy S.
I own a Galaxy S and Desire S and the Desire S is the better handset.
Dee22, 03 May 2011today i got my desire s from ebay india at the price of 23190 (cheaper than flipkart), also SU... moreI dont see this offer anymore !!!! Could you please send me the direct link plz...
there are like 3 different colors for the desire s.
When? not sure.
Is it true that one cannot make video call over cellular networks(3g) using front camera?
Hi,i had desire before and very satisfied,so,i purchased incredible s instead of iphone this time and should say it's disappointing,first my cell was dead after 3days of course htc agent gave me the new one,with this one not big problem but gps antena does not work properly and many times can not specify my position.it happened sereval times the phone hanged and when rotate it the page will not back to normal,so,in general it is not very good set and i do not recommended to any one now.
hey i am about to get rid of my nokia n97 i am wonder which is better. Getting a htc desire s or the desire hd or the galaxy s. Really need some honest opinions..
Unibody, 03 May 2011@sen333 is it available in other unibody colors at Flipkart only black color available officially everywhere.
today i got my desire s from ebay india at the price of 23190 (cheaper than flipkart), also SUMMER PROMO is goin on nw so will get a 320GB portable(2.5")HDD absolutely FREE. so guys check out ebay india if u r gonna buy this handset. heres the link for my purchase
ever since the courier man delivered the order i have been rolling my hands over and ve been checking for the defects that some people have pointed out regarding "the fading paint". will post regarding this after a week of usage but first of all i would like to say that the handset rocks, the screen is really very smooth and camera and video quality is very good in 5MP range, the build quality is awesome (definitely far better than galaxy s and nexus s). the only bad thing i have noticed is that its sound is very low while listening to music through its inbuilt loudspeaker though its good if i use a headset and the lack of camera shutter button is definitely a thing HTC should look upon.
reagrding the OS i think i need not say anything about it as everybody knows abt gingerbread. the bigger ram is really useful.
so overall, m loving this piece and its definitely better than GALAXY S or NEXUS S in my choice...