HTC Desire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.2

I have no computer so can I download on the phone? I have been using this phone for 3 years without any problem. I just want to update it to android 4.0

• 2014-05-26 19:44
  • NpCc

> In reply to javed @ 2014-05-06 16:33 from ITZN - click to readGo to this link> http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads
Now under "FILTER BY", choose your Desire S, then just below it select "OTHER" instead of "ALL". Now click on "FIND FILES" and download the one with "Android v4.0".
After downloading, extract and read instructions to install. That's all!

• 2014-05-14 21:27
  • fuvF

> In reply to MR.ZERO @ 2014-03-21 01:55 from 3%ja - click to readHow can i know if my phone is original?

• 2014-05-10 10:04
  • fu$c

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-23 00:42 from fqFX - click to readno android phone that can last for 2 days. we charge our phones everyday. no single day where you'll never charge your phone.

• 2014-05-09 01:47
  • f04R

> In reply to Gazaly @ 2014-04-15 11:25 from J9M6 - click to readHow can we upgrade via pc to ics? Can you describe method

• 2014-05-06 16:45
  • ITZN

• 2014-05-06 16:33
  • ITZN

> In reply to yo @ 2014-04-22 13:00 from KIXn - click to readGo for it.... you'll enjoy the smoothness of this phone

• 2014-04-26 17:48
  • f07f

> In reply to tipu @ 2014-04-22 17:41 from uNVL - click to readtrack it down by using HTC Sense account in your computer and it will tell you where it is. I using this phone for 3 years it just heat up too quickly but it doesn't give me stress. HTC my second religion

• 2014-04-26 17:46
  • f07f

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-23 00:42 from fqFX - click to readthe battery life is very short

• 2014-04-24 15:24
  • utC0

Hi.I am Beninese using HTC Desire S.My problem is the one of battery.The one in my phone stands for only one day and sometimes 6 hours/days.I also get the problem of charging the battery.This stays in charge for the whole day before being full.How can I get the new battery that will stand for 5days.Please,answer me by emailing me on djikouc@gmail.com.Thanks.

• 2014-04-23 00:42
  • fqFX

I was using HTC desire S in Bangladesh and it was working fine. but yesterday i have lost my HTC. How can I Find my lost HTC desire S.

• 2014-04-22 17:41
  • uNVL

guyz i want to know that this set good for me i am student and also a gamer plzzz i go for used desire s

• 2014-04-22 13:00
  • KIXn

I've had this phone from contract in Nov 2011. It's still going but is showing its age now so I'm buying another handset on a sim only deal. The good news if you are still interested in this phone is the screen resolution, the stability, the rear cam in good light, the sd slot and of course the price (this was the flagship HTC phone in 2011/12 & now it goes for a song). The bad points are its now a bit slow for modern apps & internet, the battery is underpowered, it's not 4G, the front camera is poor & the flash on rear camera is unatural. Still a bargain though. I'm sticking with android but mugging off HTC for my next phone as the camera on the One M8 looks rubbish. I'm going with LG G2 as it ticks all the boxes I need. Good luck with your phone purchase guys!

• 2014-04-17 22:20
  • 9FHg

> In reply to Moses @ 2014-04-11 19:58 from f0bw - click to readYES.... Nice mobile
And now you can get ICS official Upgrade for Desire S
but you have to upgrade via PC only.

• 2014-04-15 11:25
  • J9M6

I have 29 months using this phone and guess what it is still relevant to today's phones. it runs flawlessly on gingerbread. And using it together with HTC One Max. thank U HTC

• 2014-04-11 19:58
  • f0bw

I had updated my desire s to ICS.
Features are great, ran fine for 3 weaks but afterwards It has gone slow,every time the circle revolves and takes 10 seconds.

• 2014-04-07 08:27
  • U3x7
  • F

now i am using htc desire s but i faced some problem and that is no video calling option.do youknow how can i do

• 2014-03-30 20:01
  • 2CYh

I bought an HTC desire s in west Africa Ghana, i later realized that its was made in Taiwan. Right now I'm having problems with, the applications. Most importantly I can't make some calls with numbers which start with a * and end with #, why? These signs are what we use frequently in loading credit/airtime in Ghana. Please held me, I love htc phones but with this i think i'm losing my interest gradually.

• 2014-03-28 12:41
  • fsWr

I also bought a NEW desire S here in Iran and it not refurbished. Everything is ok and i have upgraded it to ICS and its working like a charm. This is my 3rd Desire S( i had sold the other 2). But I am always attracted to this phone because of its unibody aluminum design and good hardware. I just wish it could have supported twin Sims. By the way the battery life is above average for a touch screen and it has improved greatly by the ICS upgrade.

• 2014-03-28 09:44
  • g5nv

> In reply to MR.ZERO @ 2014-03-21 01:55 from 3%ja - click to readHTC has discontinued its update or in other words ditched the support

• 2014-03-27 19:17
  • 2Twt
Total of 3123 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire S.