Anonymous, 21 Nov 2012I am Surprised. Don't know how your phone long last for a 3 days on a single charge. Mine ... moreI have actually done nothing. I just charge the phone only when the battery is totally dead. Try that a few times. Maybe u get better results
yes it has HD video recording and also plays HD videos 720p..touch is very responsive. it's a great quality phone. go for Desire S!
i think Desire X doesn't support HD movies..
See the comparison here:
Im planing to buy this phone can any one plz tell me after updated to ICS what will be Internal storage of desire S?? It will be 1.1GB or less??
Im planing to huy this phone can any one tell me plz when it updated to ICS then what will be Internal storage of desire S it will b 1.1GB or less??
Does it has HD vidoe recording and supports HD videos?
How abt touch? is it gud?
Whether to get Desire S or Desire X?
Pls advise me!!
Pramod, 23 Nov 2012@waqas agent 47
Download 404 mb file from HTCDev
Select the following on HTCDev website ... moreplus one more thing i want to ask. to update desire s rooting is necessary? and if yes then how you root it successfully?
here you go:
Surely you should go for desire S :)
i have it and its a great phone...
Some Expert on phones or HTC devices,plz help me . I am planning to buy HTC Desire S or HTC Incredible 2.Please share your expert opinions,with good reasons.Earlier the response,happier I would be.Thank you.
waqas agent 47, 22 Nov 2012Can you fully guide me how you update your phone from 2.3.3 to 4.0.4 ???
thanks@waqas agent 47
Download 404 mb file from HTCDev
Select the following on HTCDev website Download option
Carrier - HTC
Region - WWE
There is only one RUU for all....
First take the backup of your data on SD card..I.e.contacts,settings etc. I have used " My Backup Pro"...this helps me to restore my contacts, sms, applications,home screen, settings, bookmark. etc.
Remove your SD card before installing the update..and follow the below mentioned steps
1) Ensure that you have HTC Sync installed on your PC
2) Connect your phone to the PC through USB cable
3) Wait till it detects your phone
4) Extract file which you have downloaded on PC
5) It will consist 1 executable file and Instruction file in PDF. Read the instruction for details
6) Double click on the executable file
Thats it...Rest will be done by PC and phone.
Enjoy 4.0.4 ICS on your Desire S...
For those who experiance lag after ICS update-do a factory reset and all should be fine. Ics will work as smooth as gingerbread.
Can you fully guide me how you update your phone from 2.3.3 to 4.0.4 ???
Saeed - Iran, 24 Oct 2012I was expecting an OTA ice cream sandwich upgrade but HTC let us down. i went on with the upgr... more@Saeed
I have noticed following negativeness of ICS 4.0.4 in Desire S.
1) Links and No. received in SMS are not working
2) Links are not working in Whats Up messenger
3) AVG App locker not functioning properly. Repeatedly ask for password if you try to open the application which is locked through App Locker.
4) Application like "Money control" crashes every time when you open that
5) "Temple Run" and "Pro Evolution soccer 12" games
running sluggish post update
6) More nos. of messages and contacts nos. turns in to the sluggish operation of the same
7) You can't change the Lock Screen 4 Icons (If somebody have some idea then please share)
Above mentioned all were working fine on Gingerbread earlier.
Some + points
1) Incognito browsing in Internet browser
2) Google Chrome
3) Local language font support in Facebook
4) Increase in Gmail accessing experience
5) Some more option in Settings to play with
6) Screenshot (Press and Hold power key then press Home key)
7) Nice GUI (Graphical user interface)
8) Transparent folders
9) Recent apps feature looks great
10)Developer options in Setting menu
Saeed - Iran, 24 Oct 2012I was expecting an OTA ice cream sandwich upgrade but HTC let us down. i went on with the upgr... moreI am Surprised. Don't know how your phone long last for a 3 days on a single charge.
Mine is hardly survive only for 8 or 9 hours.
Can you share the tips?
rana majid, 19 Nov 2012Salam o alikum friends i am use htc desir s the bettry time is very low. Plc tell me suggestio... moreTry this it increases my battery life
Vk, 20 Nov 2012Hie htc desire s users..i am interestd in buying tis mob. Realy gud specs bt as i am a music l... moreI too am a music lover who prefers music phone HTC desire S has sound enhancement and you put an app called equaliser. I'm telling you it makes a best music phone o. earth. go for it brother. 13 months with this phone I regret nothing battery takes me for 2 days. best mid phone ever.
Hie htc desire s users..i am interestd in buying tis mob. Realy gud specs bt as i am a music lover jst wantd 2 knw has it got any audio enhancements lyk beats audio, srs virtual surround etc? If not can u plz sugest me a phone wit te enhancements n same r higher specs as desire s...plz do reply guys..thanx in advance..