HTC Desire SV - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.1
5.9
5.9

> In reply to mj @ 2014-01-04 04:02 from rA6{ - click to readCan you just tell me how did you do that. I can't afford 8000 rupees for mother board replacement.

Please share what exactly you did to get it worked.

My phone is not charging and a red light is flashing when I try to charge it.
Thanks

• 2014-04-23 20:19
  • X}nY

> In reply to Kessin @ 2014-01-16 10:31 from vG9u - click to readHi ,
Could you please let me know how to proceed with legal action against HTC in consumer court .

My HTC Desire SV got switched off and a red light is flashing when ever I charge it and its not turning on at all. I am fed up after all experiments and I want take legal action on HTC.
Please let me know know to proceed with legal action in consumer court.
Thanks
Mahesh

• 2014-04-23 20:15
  • X}nY

Therez a new software update from HTC.. software version 1.04.707.7 (stock-1.04.707.2)....it says including whatsapp crash fix.....did anyone install it??
Is it jst a whatsapp fix or any other bug fix is also there??

I can't install it ryt now...showing some error...it will.b coz of rooting ..

So if itz jst whatsapp I don want to unroot for d fix...

Kindly install and give reply fellow HTCians..

Thanking you..

• 2014-04-23 13:47
  • sSMH

I bought desire sv in dec 2013. After a few months it started crashing occasionally. The frequency of rebooting automatically was once or twice per month. I thought it might be dur to some incompatible app and ignored. Now after finishing one month past one year warranty it started crashing frequently. At present it reboots automatically 25-30 times a day. Htc service center asks to replace the motherboard at a huge cost. Further there is issue with whatsapp. There is a serious manufacturing defect in the phone, I think. Don't buy Htc.

• 2014-04-21 17:33
  • 2S$L

HI this is worst phone ever I see in my life. It restarts minimum 20 times in one day. customer care center was very poor in Chennai.

Every time I went to TVS Service center they simply reset factory settings and says ur mobile will working properly.

Please do not buy HTC products in INDIA.

• 2014-04-18 08:21
  • tT$f

i too faced the same problem of motherboard death, within 15 months of purchase.

• 2014-04-17 14:22
  • uva9

Dont ever do the mistake of buying this phone ! Had to get the motherboard replaced while still under warranty. Now post the expiry of warranty the motherboard crashed once again. The phone is as good as dead. Apart from this there are problems with battery backup, design as the battery does not fit in the slot & phone keeps getting switched off (so had to insert a paper to fill the gap) & speaker problems. Total waste of money !

• 2014-04-16 07:29
  • vGKY

The charging light blinks but the phone is unable to turn on. Sheer waste of money. Got the handset replaced twice due to the motherboard issue. Finally now when the warranty got over, Service center is charging 7000 Rupees to replace the motherboard. Don't buy HTC phones. they have very poor hardware reliability and above all very poor service in India.

• 2014-04-14 14:57
  • tUf}

worest mobile i ve ever bought
1 yr n my set is already dead n no can fix it

• 2014-04-11 19:32
  • 7wjq

it supports jeally bean or not ??

• 2014-04-05 07:24
  • XuLv

Worst handset that i have ever used.
get switched off automatically, does not support whats app, overheating, and does not support YOUTUBE and many other applications. Gets slow in between.

• 2014-04-03 14:14
  • tUYd

Poor performance of the device.Whatsapp not supported properly and many bugs r thr.Rebootig of device, over heat,etc. Avoid to take this device...

• 2014-03-29 06:48
  • KSt@

Hi it's very very good mobile

• 2014-03-28 10:56
  • t}53

Good mobile it's charging is very good and music is also good .picture clarity is also good.

• 2014-03-28 10:51

Super mobile

• 2014-03-28 10:46
  • t}53

worst handset ever made... facing too many problems related to mother board..and even problems not attended by the htc people..
too bad!

• 2014-03-28 08:32
  • IaCu

Same issue i m facing.. in warranty 3 time change my cell motherboard because of whatsapp application. many time i called to support team but they can't recognized the problem.HTC support is very poor. They told HTC desire SV is not supported to whatapp app....i paid 22,000 rs for this mob and simply whatsapp is not supported

• 2014-03-27 13:01
  • uv}f

> In reply to Krunal @ 2014-03-19 13:33 from U@sB - click to readHi krunal I am facing the same issue for rebooting and whatsapp and HTC support centre people are hopeless I replaced motherboard 3 times in warranty and then replaced complete device still the issue is not resolve
Please dot buy HTC handset

• 2014-03-24 11:47
  • n1H2

This is a typical problem with desire SV and HTC is just ignoring this. Wakeup HTC. This is bad publicity....

This seems to be an engineering issue and nothing to do with SW.....

• 2014-03-20 17:28
  • 2@yY

• 2014-03-19 13:33
  • U@sB
Total of 624 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire SV.