HTC Desire SV - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.1
5.8
5.8

For all those facing restarting problem...its because the battery is loose...fix a small folded piece of paper at one end of the battery near the bottom of the phone...to make the battery tighter

• 2014-07-30 17:33
  • 3Yif

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-23 13:47 from sSMH - click to readI got the patch install but has not helped. Phone restarts about 3 times a day

• 2014-07-26 10:55
  • uta4

> In reply to Jack @ 2014-07-23 11:19 from rJcT - click to readDid the problem solve after replacing mother board?

• 2014-07-26 10:21

I bought this phone in Jan13 and facing following probs:
Prob1) Phone restarts on its own - ####NOT SOLVED####
Haven't found a solution to this yet. Taking for service and have to check if it helps.
(1a) Called support and tried using 'Safe Mode' by pressing Vol- button during start/boot. Did not help
(1b) Tried restoring factory settings and reformatted storage card. Did not help
(1c) Uninstalled recent apps that I felt could cause prob, but not solved
Prob2) Memory keeps getting full
Soln:
(2a)Found that photo thumbnails uses a lot of memory. So if you have too many pics, move to backup on PC or external device.
(2b) Install app DiskUsage and delete the thumbnail memory
(2c) Chrome uses unbelievably high memory. Uninstall updates and disable the app
Other than above probs I liked the phone in terms of display, game performance, music and photo quality

• 2014-07-26 10:19
  • uta4

Never buy this phone, i had experinced many problems such as restarting continously,hang, finally mother board complent, it need around 1000 rs for board repairing, so friends do not buy this phone it wil be wastage of money and time for this shit.

• 2014-07-23 11:19
  • rJcT

same problem with me frnds 1 month ago my ph automatically reboot. 20 times in one day. and one day it automatically switch off and not turn on only charging light bling . plz frnds tell me what is motherboard cost of desire sv . totally wasted ph . plz frnds never buy htc ph

• 2014-07-18 18:24
  • Xusx

> In reply to Raagul @ 2014-07-10 13:03 from 2WY2 - click to readYes i had also faced the same prob.

• 2014-07-15 15:34
  • rK8q

• 2014-07-15 15:31
  • rK8q

My HTC DesireSV was working fine for 1 yr till warrantly. Few months back i faced continuous reboot/switch off. i given Bangalore Indiranagar HTC service centre. they installed S/w again.
Recently my mobile dead & its shows charge light blink while charging power. when asked to service centre, they said mother board issue

HTC should address this issue for the same model

• 2014-07-10 13:03
  • 2WY2

I have been using HTC desire since 16 months in this duration,I have submitted the device 3 times to the service center.
1st time - Abnormal switch off, hence replaced Mother board
2nd time - sim slot issue, SMS was not being delivered
3rd time - Touch panel issue,
disgusted with this phone.. Never purchase this phone.

• 2014-07-09 09:29
  • bERK

1st time - Abnormal switch off, hence replaced Mother board
2nd time - sim slot issue, SMS was not being delivered
3rd time - Touch panel issue,
disgusted with this phone.. Never purchase this phone.

• 2014-07-09 09:21
  • bERK

> In reply to john @ 2014-01-21 14:09 from rJ95 - click to readI'm also facing the same reboot problem...has anyone tried restore factory settings option....

• 2014-07-05 03:23
  • rKap

I have used this phone for more than a year, and it is a very reliable phone. I have not had any issues with it. I don't know why the other comments here keeps on telling that this is a bad phone over and over, but it is not. They may just be online trolls who were paid to make this phone look bad so no one will buy it. I'm quiet sure, HTC has a quality team who check each product they manufacture, thus, HTC is a known brand for its quality products.

• 2014-07-03 23:43
  • XMV$

It is worst model HTC DESIRE SV. do not buy any product from HTC. MY MOBILE restarts more than 20 times in a day.

• 2014-06-28 16:51
  • X0}K

yes recently even my htc desire sv faced same problem.Orange light blinking and my fone does not start. I took it to nearest service center and they told me that my phone's motherboard is scrached. So i need to replace it and it will cost me 7000 rs. Now what to do??? any 1 help ??

• 2014-06-28 12:12
  • U{7C

i bought this HTC Desire SV black last February 2, 2014. after almost 3 weeks of using, the unit began restarting again and again. so we brought it to the accredited service center and it took vacation there for more than 3 months. it was just last monday that we got hold of it and now we have another problem. the second sim is not functioning so we have to bring it back again to the service center.

• 2014-06-27 07:13
  • sxry

the same problem happened with me also, I shut down my phone manually. but after that it never get started. My phone warranty is over, i already got one replacement under warranty, this is second time i am facing same kind of problem. I am with you guys for any legal actions.

My email is sanga.vineet@gmail.com

• 2014-06-24 19:49
  • vIdK

HTC is totally wast of money . same motherboard problem have to replace .
seeing that every on having problem and the solution is replace motherboard.
the permanant solution is stop buying HTC.

• 2014-06-24 18:20
  • uukV

> In reply to NITIN @ 2014-04-21 17:33 from 2S$L - click to readsame problem with me bro......i too purchased on dec 2013....wat a bullshit htc....

• 2014-06-20 21:58
  • bChZ

HTC Desire Sv is the worst phone i ever bought in my lifetime and now i have promised that i will never ever buy a HTC product and make my friends aware too. I bought this phone in india when i went there for a holiday and after 10 months suddenly one day i switched it of while sleeping and the next day when i wanted to switch it on it didnt ON. and when i plugged in the charger its blinking orange light. I am in UAE currently and tried to repair in soo many places and couldnt repair....i tried to contact whatever possible customer care representatives through website and e-mail...nobody cares... HTC BRANDS ARE WASTE OF MONEY.....

• 2014-06-18 12:04
  • Trmn
Total of 657 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire SV.