HTC Desire V - user opinions and reviews

HTC

5.6
5.3
5.3

I bought this phone about Nov.2012. My experience is also not good. Initially had problem with sim 1 slot. it suddenly used to show there is no sim. so i interchanged the cards in slots. then whatsapp, i have to keep deleting the images and videos. else it just gets hanged. Within last one and half year, i need to reinstall whatsapp nearly every two - three days. some times 3 times in a day. and continuously clean cache. now slot 2 is gone dead. I have tried calling their local customer care centre but no one picks up the phone.

• 2014-04-17 08:46
  • 2SWS

Its time that the htc desire V software should be updated now?

• 2014-04-14 17:41
  • 9xqH

I don't know why am I getting comments like desire v going dead! I bought it at 26 march 2013. even I got issues like slow performance nd all. here r some tips in making it faster
* go to setting>apps>all: select the apps which u don't like nd cont be deleted and disable it from the option provided insides.
NOTE: if u don't get disable option it means its a system app. nd avoid disabling apps with android logo nd names starting wit .com

still slow? update ur software from the service nd try the step above.
*going dead might be cous of overheating. this is generally when u do task while charging. if u see ur phone overheating cool it, leave it alone, it will help.

well its been 1 year 4 me nd its really fast nd nice 4 me. without ROOT

mail me if u have any question or wana know bout apps to make ur device fast shonrock05@gmail.com

• 2014-04-13 14:47
  • rKjF

I am so much dissatisfied with HTC mobile- HTC Desire V which I have bought in month of march 2013. It became dead (Turn off & turning on) in month of March 2014 only which means immediately after 1 year. Within the period of 1 Year also i had problem of slow response in opening of applications, contact list, massages etc. Within this period I had to visit service center three times for one or another issue of mobile. Even more inconvenience because of availability of service centers, there are only two service centers in metropolitan city like Pune 7 those are also not in central or prior location but at one sides of city which are camp & Pimpary. even there working hours are 10am to 6 pm means same as normal working hours & Sunday close so for working people it's so inconvenient & difficult to visit there. attitude of staff there is also not that much passive. so I am so much dissatisfied with overall experience of HTC 7 will refer my contacts for not choosing HTC mobile.

Regards',
Pallavi Chougule

• 2014-04-08 11:02
  • tUuA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-24 20:06 from XNAH - click to readI agree to every one of the above problem u stated ! Horrid investment !

• 2014-04-05 11:35
  • vQ}h

Please its a request..don't buy htc phones its simply useless.

• 2014-04-04 06:02
  • KAFN
  • F

I really hate this phone .a lot of trouble.after less than 1 year not work.1 Sim then 2 Sim.now.dead.

• 2014-04-04 04:45
  • tAQL

HTC. Desire v often hanging unable to work fast, it's simply useless.

• 2014-04-02 15:54
  • uuY$

HTC. Desire v often hanging unable to work fast, it's simply useless.

• 2014-04-02 15:46
  • uuY$

I phrchaged this mobile after one year motherbord problem came there is no se

• 2014-04-02 10:59
  • Mtf1

Thank you for contacting HTC support.

As per your email, we understand that you need information on the availability of Android v4.4 Kit Kat upgrade or any other available Android version for the HTC Desire V.

We understand how important it is for you to have your phone upgraded to the latest available operating system in the market.

In regard to your concern, we would like to inform you that we work hard to ensure each of our products has the optimal user experience and therefore some products will remain at their current version of Android. In general, devices with 512MB RAM or less will not be upgraded to Android 4.4 or other available Android version. At present, these devices include the HTC One V and the HTC Desire C. As we identify other devices that will not be upgraded, we’ll provide updated information.

It should be noted that upgrades are not the same thing as ongoing support. Devices not being upgraded to next level of Android version will still get software improvements, security fixes, and technical support.

When any further update for HTC Desire V is released you will get the notification on your phone, once it is connected to the internet. We would appreciate, if you would visit our website http://www.htc.com/in/ regularly as we would also update the details for any latest updates for the handsets.

You can also check the latest updates for HTC handset on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/htc.

We value your time and patience.

Thank you for using HTC Customer Service.

If you are not satisfied with our service, please click here to send us your reply or call us at 1800-266-3566, Monday to Sunday – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.

Please help us improve by taking a quick survey on your experience using HTC Customer Service.

• 2014-03-30 13:57
  • 2S{m

I'm not satisfied with this phone. The video recording quality is suck, It also re start by itself, Quality of sound is not good, Dead pixel spot are present at maximum brightness, Expensive phone without even having front camera for skype video calling, During idle mode the screen turns ON by itself. I just gave this phone to my 9 year old son as a his toy collection..

• 2014-03-30 11:17
  • vaP2

The life of this phone is just one year. Just 10 days after completing warranty period the phone became dead. Not switching on, not charging. Basically the motherboard is gone. Don't buy this if you want to use for long time.

• 2014-03-27 12:15
  • tUfd

> In reply to Prabhakar Chowdary @ 2014-03-26 12:49 from uv{4 - click to readSame experience faced by me. HTC desire V is a worst worst mobile.

• 2014-03-26 13:02
  • uv{4

Simply the worst mobile from HTC.

After just completing the 1 year of formal warranty, it will not work. Yes it's true. Mobile get dead and you cannot view even battery charging indication.

In my case, my mobile's warranty was just finished off and after 2 days mobile was dead. No power ON/ Charging indication. After one week of submitting at HTC service center,called back stating "your mobile's mother board corrupted and need Rs 8000/- for repairing". One cannot invest Rs 8000/- for repair while they are getting it for Rs 7999/- with vodafone connection in open market.

So friends, say strictly no to HTC brands if you are more concerned about long life. If u buy it just seeing by looks, u can imagine the hell after one year.

• 2014-03-26 12:49
  • uv{4

worst experience for me......its not working proberly,hanging,touch not work proberly...so much disadvantages.....best is design and Camera quality ....i hate this model

• 2014-03-26 06:53
  • 9xGC
  • Conned and Pissed of
  • Rating0

I was a big fan for HTC but desire V is not undesirable and I hate it. I love the slimness and sleekness but functionally it doesn't do well by switching on its on, hanging ,after all the battery does not live long.HTC ,pliz don't loose yo customers do yo research b4 releasing any new model.

• 2014-03-25 10:51
  • NuUP

This phone gives many problems... Slow phone ... Whatsapp problem ... Hanging.. etc etc ... My advice is that don't buy these phone..

• 2014-03-22 13:04
  • t}AX

HTC has some serious catching up to do if it wants to compete with the likes of samsung.
I have been using the Desire V since last 6 months. The phone looks very good and the GUI is great but the lack of ram in this phone kills it.
The phone is very very slow and it restarts automatically while using both sim's.
The automatic restart wont happen at all if only one sim is inserted .
Shocked with HTC QC. Will sell it ASAP.

• 2014-03-20 11:03
  • w497

HTC DESIRE V.
Its basically a Sexy luking ph. Attractive... Most Of All Powered by Beats*. But Beauty doesnt matter. Whn i Bought it it ws Not Connecting to WI-FI..
I ws lyk ..' u kidding me'. Aftr 2 hrs. Of cont. Scanning it ws finally connctd..
yeah! Internet us too show. The phs. Internet itself is slow.. processing.. so its of no use dat yr data plan or wifi is fast.
Gud Phone bt not The Best. (y)

• 2014-03-19 04:56
  • rA28
Total of 1678 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire V.