HTC Desire V - user opinions and reviews

worst mobile .Always gets hanged up ,now I am irriated

• 2014-06-18 11:25
  • 2WH6
  • F

The worst phone i ever had in my life.. it works good during 6 months.. then its a complete waste, it only looks good otherwise buying this is a wastage of your money,
it restarts on its own, while u r messaging or on call or playing music,
even the battery backup is so poor.

please don't buy it.

• 2014-06-17 10:24
  • XjHJ

hi ppl out thr ...i went thru some reviews and tried a solution given by a few. Here it goes :-
--> uncheck POWER BOOT from SETTINGS
--> download nova settings from PLAY STORE
this will surely solve ur problem of fone hang , calls getting delayed after u press yes to dial a call , rest apps opening slow.

do share if u have any other suggestions

• 2014-06-17 09:49
  • vGEH

Lifetime-1 year and the phone dead therafter..Fallen just once on ground and that not to with too high..just from hands and its dead..nokia falls countless times..
4900 for display and 6900 for Motherboard..what the hell life of a HTC brand set..I could see the big piles of set at the service centre..Long waiting list..

• 2014-06-13 09:27
  • PB8d

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-26 08:25 from 5gE@ - click to readRoot your phone and then download roehsoft ram checker and check ur compatibility and if ur device is capable then download roehsoft ram expander from playstore which will expand ur ram memory upto 4gb . And be careful in doing so and I'm not responsible if u brick your device .:)

• 2014-06-06 06:58
  • XuZ0

My phone has lost the touch where do i replace.
am in kenya mombasa

• 2014-06-05 17:42
  • ft%q

I had problem using this phone all through its lifetime. It never gave me value for money. Hangs so much that I keep restarting; Takes so long to come alive, takes so long to snap picture: before you can snap a scene they must have dispersed; not stable with facebook; Skype not doable, charging point does not grip you will almost stand with the phone and hold to charge. Twice it fell from me twice I replaced the expensive glass.I never enjoyed it till it went off and will no longer power on since last week. I will not miss the phone as it has gone bad... only my money.

• 2014-06-05 10:25
  • MvVv

My first smart phone but worst one i feel regret for buying this.I bought it 1 year ago. From the day one I am facing the problems.. It always hang and when we restart the phone it takes nearly 5-10mins for restart. Very slow processor. It will take 1 min to open the contact for dialling. I afraid when we need emergency calling definitely something bad will happen in the time of its loading. I am always unable to open facebook in this phone due to its worst internet performance. watsapp will take 1 min to open. Games? no way u cant expect that from this phone. always hanging.. within 1 Year i got the touch problem too. and they said 3k for replacing display. and 4 tyms nearly i went for the software update. Guys I strongly recommend not to buy this.

• 2014-05-31 11:22
  • u{gD

have problem, network issue auto restart and battery down
what the............

• 2014-05-28 02:25
  • YQM9

Is it Possible to Increase the RAM...because the Phone is very slow

• 2014-05-26 08:25
  • 5gE@

> In reply to HTCFAN @ 2014-05-24 09:17 from uuT$ - click to readi am having the same problem. can you suggest me any solution.

• 2014-05-26 06:50
  • utt8

Bought this phone a year ago, found it to be highly irritating with frequent automatic restarts. Had to replace motherboard after a year. Display stared malfunctioning followed by fault in touchpad. Decided to scrap this phone and buy some other phone.

• 2014-05-25 08:35
  • fCxb

Poorest mobile i hv ecer used.....whats app stop working,restart issue,games doesnot work.... and many other problems.

• 2014-05-24 19:01
  • vIYJ

Im having serious display issues . My phone is stuck on low backlight i am able to move the slider but its not working . How can i solve this problem ? I even changed the lcd..

• 2014-05-24 09:17
  • uuT$

Bought this phone almost a year ago.Soon after i bought it,may be after a month,the whats Up app stopped working.I could not open the app,cant read the mesg. Had to do factory reset every after 3-4 weeks.If i download some apps,then it will affect the Whats Up App application every time. So i cant play games nor download some smart apps in order to be able to use my Whats Up....still keeping this phone even after all these issues coz i cant afford to buy a new phone again so soon.
In short, i wont suuggest this phone to anyone.

• 2014-05-23 01:58
  • X}m2

it is the worst phone i have ever used. the common switch on/off problem are also in my phone.it totally sucks. restarting a lot, when i am trying to make a call then it restart between the conversation,i will never buy any htc phone

• 2014-05-20 19:16
  • w47K

Used Desire V for less than 6 months, can't store pictures, any picture or video taken corrupts. The battery run down, after trying to charge for so many hours, phone cannot switch on again. In fact, Desire V is a bomb. Waste of money!!!

• 2014-05-19 17:52
  • fmgF

I am using HTC Desire past one year.Now the phone is sudennly switch off/On, after one week , its dead.

Went to service centre, they says, Mother board to be replaced. i am waiting for their quote for repair.

• 2014-05-19 10:55
  • rxiJ

True Freinds for whom the Exp with Desire V was as like with the Anonymous Chinese Phones ie USE & THROW
I bought this Mobile on mid of April 13 attracted by the Feaatures the so - called Brand Value of HTC. bUT FROM THE DAY ONE the Mobile wsa awfully slow , hang up Problem anytime anywhere, Response Time to any Application was a Test of Patience . Since within Warranty the Battery was Replaced and the Mobile Checked and after that it was running modestly but the Signs were not good enough . Finally just after a year crossed one day when I was in work with it it suddenly went off and never regained consciousness uptil now. When the same was shown to HTC Service they gladly told that the Entire Mother Board to be changed since Company has Rules not to change any one Defective IC rather change the Whole Unit at a most cheap Rate of Rs 8500/ only which is just after a Year!!!!. I suggested my Service Freind infact to Sell this Model with an Extra MotherBoard as a Stepni since now this has become a common Problem with the User. So I not only suggest to restrain from buying this Phone but also request the Manufacturer to stop Production ofthis Poor Quality Model which has wasted Money, Time and Confidence of using Smart Phone .

• 2014-05-13 13:11
  • 2SU4

i am using htc desire v but my whatapps is not working after 2 days

• 2014-05-13 09:57
  • t}aT
Total of 1736 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire V.