HTC Desire V - user opinions and reviews

HTC

5.6
5.3
5.3

I bought this phone in Khartoum in 2013. Since them it kept crashing and asking for error report to be sent to the manufacturer. At last I just woke up one morning to find that the screen is black and no charge indicator showing.I took it for repair but they told this phone will not work again and that is the end of my story with HTC phones. They are the worse smart phones ever made.

• 2014-02-25 04:56
  • Nubh

Why htc desire phones cannot be rooted

• 2014-02-24 06:34
  • 9xqH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-20 11:33 from PEhB - click to readThis is one of the worst phone produced by HTC. They charged 21k for this piece of junk. It never shines aspect of the phone expect being slim.

HTC should be really ashamed of themselves.

• 2014-02-22 11:22
  • utcJ

> In reply to mounica @ 2014-02-12 17:03 from t}gG - click to readIt's 4 oneyear I think so

• 2014-02-18 13:15
  • bC1%

I have bought a htc desire v on May 2013 but after 2-3 month I got problem on speaker, I replace that. again after 5 month one day i remove the battery from hand set and it will hanged and it will not start again any more. I want to say that purchase of htc is a west of money and nothing else.If u do not want to west your money then go for other brand.

• 2014-02-17 05:44
  • U@%x

> In reply to anoop @ 2014-02-14 11:16 from Hx13 - click to readvery poor quality...htc desire v..

• 2014-02-15 12:22
  • vIbq

it work fine for one year fine,sound quality was best, then after warrenty finish suddenly problems start... first it keeps restarting wen in idle , then battery gone all off sudden . service centre told to replace motherboard.... poor design . better select some other model.

• 2014-02-14 11:16
  • Hx13

it wrked fr me gud bt nw suddenly stoped wrking nd in a switched of postion wats d reason????..wats d time of gaurenty???? period????? pls help me!!!!

• 2014-02-12 17:03
  • t}gG

Its wort phone. After 6 months display gone. Then just aftr completing guaranty period motherboard gone. It will cost 6.5K.

• 2014-02-11 20:42
  • vGv3

ITS WORST PHONE EVER,,same case happened with as with Ranjit...Just after completing 1 year and 2 month when I switched off and tried to switch it on again it become dead. Bangalore TVSE centre told me the mother board is gone and it will cost me 7 K and there is no guarantee that it will work fine for long time....I recomend not to buy this phone ever...
My advice , look for some reliable brands.HTC is not good
Regards
Raman

• 2014-02-07 17:16
  • bCfI

I had windows base HTC mobile which worked fine so I decided to buy another HTC and it was HTC desire V. Earlier it was fast but become slow as soon as started downloading and using apps like frontline commando , whats app etc . Just after completing 1 year and 2 month when I switched off and tried to switch it on again it become dead. Bangalore TVSE centre told me the mother board is gone and it will cost me 7 K and there is no guarantee that it will work fine for long time.
I am pissed off with this Brand and its reliability, durability and quality they started providing to customer.
My advice , look for some reliable brands.
Regards
Ranjit

• 2014-02-02 12:25
  • bC7t

worst worst moblile..worst service, worst customer care

• 2014-01-30 19:02
  • U{j$

Its really nt a gud ph to buy...i am using it over a year now nd seriusly I.have faced tons of problm..lagging nd hang r superior one...I have to wait around minute or two to know who is calling or to make a call it take up more Dan 1 min sometyms aftr 5 min a call gets connected...fed up..nt a gamers ph..lag in simple games also...

• 2014-01-29 19:21
  • KAeT

I m using this phone for last 1 year and guys it's not a heavy gamer phone. Its not the worse either .. net browsing is faster than any quad core media tek processor phone.. ably problem is lagging and hanging some time for that move all the aaps to the ad card.... Please don't blame a brand. If u can maintain this phone it will give u long lasting service. Beside the ardent 200 processor is so well optimized that ny phone is still faster than any Samsung or micromax in this range..

• 2014-01-29 13:44
  • KAeT

for all users that having problems like hanging- restart -lagging you have 2 do some steps to have a good performance on this device :-
1- 1-use a SD card and move your important apps to it and make the internal memory empty
2-download " clean master" from play store app and use it at least once a day
3- keep save all of your informations(phone book-accounts info...etc and reset you device "factory data reset"

ithink now every thing is ok ....enjoy

• 2014-01-29 03:28
  • fmjD

Its one of the horrible phones i have ever used.have been to the service centres at guwahati, bt all service engineers are unskilled.So dont go to these service centres with some hope.Its useless to trust htc again.

• 2014-01-26 17:40
  • YQ@T

Using watsapp, Internet on Desire V is a pathetic and waste of time n money... It mere frustration. Watsaapp has to be installed every 15 days if u r lucky enough..

• 2014-01-25 19:03
  • vwqx

Waste of money! Touchscreen must be replaced at every 6 months (manufacturer problem). After 1 year of normal use, my ROM firmware is corrupted (no power), and 2 touchscreens changed. Slow processor, but good battery life for a dual sim. Nice design too.
DO NOT BUY!

• 2014-01-24 20:46
  • JFPS

Too much problems
1. If one network is being used for internet browsing then the other sim network goes off.
2. Mostly secondary sim is out of reach.
3. Switches off automatically for a dozen of times in a day.
4. Apps working Capability very slow like Turtle.
5. Temple run doesnt work.
6. Beats audio is a tremour on ears .

• 2014-01-24 20:06
  • XNAH

really its panic to handle whatsapp on this device never never buy this

• 2014-01-24 14:46
  • uuMg
Total of 1680 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire V.