HTC Desire Z - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.3
7.1

> In reply to hayato @ 2010-10-16 13:17 from t7X2 - click to readHaven't seen white one. HTC will probs do what thay did with original desire... bring white one out in 6 months time

• 2010-10-17 13:57
  • tAS$

HTC should really start packing their phone with a battery capacity of 1500 to 1800mAh.

• 2010-10-17 12:01
  • t7Ki

what 3rd party app is used in running java apps? Does it support MIDP 2.1?

• 2010-10-17 04:53
  • t7X2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-16 03:14 from QGMH - click to readhello the battery is not poor, its much more better than desire original and galaxy s ;)

• 2010-10-16 16:59
  • n4KM

hello guys, is there a white version of this phone?

• 2010-10-16 13:17
  • t7X2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-16 09:23 from w4DQ - click to readThe CPU, despite being underclocked less than 1 Ghz, performs better on web browsing, flash and images than the Droid 2 (Milestone 2)'s CPU in ever review i've seen that actually ran tests.

The only downside to the Desire Z amongst the competition is battery life where it is quite poor due to the small battery.

Otherwise it's an amazing device.

• 2010-10-16 03:14
  • QGMH

You cant setup proxy for Wi-fi on Android = way to big flaw.

• 2010-10-15 15:47
  • 3nvw

For a long time I was very satisfied with my Nokia N82 and I was waiting and waiting for Nokia to come up with something that should outperform Iphone and Android-phones. But the N8 seems to be a disappointment so I have been looking more closely at the Desire Z and I must say that it looks promising and impressive, so it will most likely be my next phone. I guess Nokia can easily be forgotten with a Desire Z.

• 2010-10-15 07:56
  • m}5B

Hello guys, the htc desire z has autofocus on video.

And fastest phone in the market !

I want the black one

• 2010-10-13 16:59
  • n4KM

I was a Nokia fan but when I tried the Android wuaaahh I was blown away too....it was like flying..then I started to discover all the tricks with my Hero, rooting, flashing a different ROM and many others things.Now with the Desire even better, I will not go back to symbian....no way!!

• 2010-10-13 12:13
  • nuee

> In reply to exN8fan @ 2010-10-12 09:24 from kM9W - click to readBy the way, I am also an exN8fan who's going for the Desire Z now.
But still, the N8 is a fantastic phone with lots of things I will miss in the Desire HD. Chronologically:
1.FM transmitter (I have no AD2P on my car stereo)
2.USB on the go
3.HDMI (although the DLNA makes up for a lot :D)

• 2010-10-13 10:09
  • MAVb

> In reply to exN8fan @ 2010-10-12 09:24 from kM9W - click to readShuuuure, I'll quickly download a 700MB movie through dropbox on my cell phone... so much easier than copy paste

come on, even on a desktop computer, online storage is not interesting yet due to the low download and especially low upload speeds (at least here in Belgium)

I don't want to spend like half of my 2GB data plan to one movie, which I can copy faster an easier with a simple cable I always put in my backpack (or handbag if you're a woman or something in between :D )

• 2010-10-13 10:05
  • MAVb

> In reply to Stuntman @ 2010-10-12 22:01 from NGfv - click to readJust check what the differences are between desire Z and Nokia E7 and decide on that...

shouldn't be to hard to make a decision, for me it's the Desire Z all the way, although if the Desire Z would not have existed, I would have gone for the E7

• 2010-10-13 10:00
  • MAVb

I currently own an N97 and am looking possible replacements for it. I love the qwerty keyboard, so right now, I'm considering the HTC Desire Z as well as the Nokia E7. The Desire Z has a better UI and screen resolution. The E7 is more familiar to me, has a bigger screen and would be an easier transition.

• 2010-10-12 22:01
  • NGfv

So, the only downside I see to this phone (as opposed to my N97) is the internal memory... At 1.5GB it make my 32GB N97 a champion... But my N97 fails everywhere else. I think I'll use it as an MP3 player when I get this phone haha.

• 2010-10-12 19:02
  • NZFW

> In reply to exN8fan @ 2010-10-12 09:24 from kM9W - click to readThe camera on N8 is absurd and to bulky for being on a mobile phone.
If you want to use USB on-the-go you always have to carry the extra adapter-cable with you and I do not think many users will actually do that so the USB on-the-go is pointless.

• 2010-10-12 12:17
  • n4xw

I was also considering getting a N8 but then I looked more and more into the HTC Desire Z and I have grown to like it. I do think that it looks nicer than the N8 however, I wish we were able to choose the different colors. Also about the usb-on-the-go subject, i read that there is an app called dropbox. You first install it on your computer and than on your phone, when you do this you are able to see the files you stored in the dropbox in either your phone or your computer, essentially a wireless way of file sharing.
And yes I will be giving up that 12 megapixel camera but i'm sure a 5 megapixel will do just fine.
overall, i have been looking for a phone with a physical keyboard and it was either the desire z or even the the Nokia E7, but it just seems as though the desire z has won me over

• 2010-10-12 09:24
  • kM9W

Mmmm i think HTC is great , but i've never tried android till now , and am afraid am not gonna like it

• 2010-10-11 23:49
  • 0ZUK

is the black yes

• 2010-10-11 18:02
  • n4KM

Is this the Black version of Desire Z? Or is it just bad lighting in the video? At 1.23 the back cover is a lot darker than the normal silver/grey version. Would prefer the Desire Z in black, but that's just my preference.

• 2010-10-11 16:47
  • 32MB
Total of 1479 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire Z.